Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
rredmond

Re: Chapter 7

Post by rredmond »

Will hangs back a bit as well to insure that Artie is all right. He won't linger if Artie doesn't need anything though, and heads up to the ship when all's done.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 7: In The Village

Post by Hywaywolf »

OK simon carriedd him by his arms as Monday and someone else took him by the legs as we hauled him to the airship where at that point Tommy built a sling/stretcher that would facilitate pulling him up to the airship. At which point Simon went back to defensive mode and watched the surroundings for trouble and to follow trouble into the surroundings (artie being the second trouble :))
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

just clarifying... Simon is going to remain in the village with Artie?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

ooc.. As long as you let him. From my reading of the first 6 chapters, being the lowest man on the crew totem pole he got told where to be quite often. If he is told to report to the ship, he will follow those orders, but he feels someone should watch artie's back.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Simon was sent to back up Tommy Mansel; Mansel, in turn, was not exactly ordered to follow Monday's directions so much as to keep him out of trouble. So, at present, only Tommy is in position to "order" Simon back to the ship.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

That was the way I understood it as well. It is the reason I put myself under Tommy's orders to pursue the raft or not. So assuming Tommy doesn't order me to the ship, then I will stick with Artie.

To Tommy: "With your permission I will stay down here to watch over the passengers. I took this stuff from the dead german." Then I will hand over the ID and papers I took from the dead german as well as the rifle and ammo belt) "The rifle went for a swim. I recommend giving it a good cleaning before anyone fires it."
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Hywaywolf wrote:After Simon reaches the airship, he will turn his end of the stretcher over to the crew trying to lift Vance up. He will then take a defensive posture and watch the surrounding landscape for enemies. If Artie goes anywhere to ask his questions he will stick with him to watch his back until Artie decides to return to the ship. If Monday considers this a questionable decision, Simon will say, "Mr. Evans is still a passenger on the Morgana and deserves the Morgana's protection until he reaches his destination."
Artie smiles gratefully at Simon, and glances nervously at Will going aboard the ship. He then proceeds back to the Chief and Kamaria. He nods respectfully, and waits for an opportunity to politely insert a question. If this is more than a few seconds, he will examine the "fake" totem pole, noting the position of the animals on it.

Please forgive these continuous queries, but they are more important than I can convey. When was the last time the sea devils came? Was their clothing identical to his? And when were the spirits last with you?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

While staying out of Artie's way, Simon will take a closer look at the fake totem. He will take note of what animals/pairs of animals are carved into the totem and in what order. From previous viewing it looked like the bull and lion was at the top, Simon would like to know if the hawk and dove is immediately below the Bull and Lion. he will also look for any other carvings such as lettering on the totem
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going ahead a bit, even though cc hasn't posted yet. crazycrypt, note that Simon is addressing Tommy above.
Nazim wrote:Artie smiles gratefully at Simon, and glances nervously at Will going aboard the ship. He then proceeds back to the Chief and Kamaria. He nods respectfully, and waits for an opportunity to politely insert a question. If this is more than a few seconds, he will examine the "fake" totem pole, noting the position of the animals on it.
Hywaywolf wrote:While staying out of Artie's way, Simon will take a closer look at the fake totem. He will take note of what animals/pairs of animals are carved into the totem and in what order. From previous viewing it looked like the bull and lion was at the top, Simon would like to know if the hawk and dove is immediately below the Bull and Lion. he will also look for any other carvings such as lettering on the totem
Artie and Simon looked at the wooden totem together. On it, from top to bottom, they saw the following animals depicted:

lion and bull
hawk and dove
crane and alligator (or possibly a crocodile)
stag and bear
frog and octopus
owl and butterfly
horse and dog (or maybe a wolf)
Nazim wrote:Please forgive these continuous queries, but they are more important than I can convey. When was the last time the sea devils came? Was their clothing identical to his? And when were the spirits last with you?
"Lord Bey, I know that you know these things better than I, so yet you are testing an old woman." She sighed deeply. "We have never seen the sea devils before. It was in the time of the grandfather of my grandfather's grandfather, if not even longer ago, that we came from Mumba Dey to this land, and we have not seen sea devils since you sky gods rescued us from them. We always knew they would come back, coming in from the sea bearing lightning to strike at us. I do not know how they dressed themselves of old, Lord Bey, or if it is different from how they dress now. They came from the sea, and so we mark them as sea devils.

"As for the spirits, Lord, they come to us in our dreams sometimes, particularly to the very old like myself, the very young, and those who are mad. Tell me, Lord Bey, do my answers please you? Have I paid rightful attention to my elders, or have I somewhere gone astray? I do not wish to offend you." Artie could hear the worry in her voice.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Artie exchanges glances with Simon when he notes the spirit pairings. "Lion and bull, then hawk and dove, eh?"
Solomoriah wrote:"Tell me, Lord Bey, do my answers please you? Have I paid rightful attention to my elders, or have I somewhere gone astray? I do not wish to offend you." Artie could hear the worry in her voice.
The truth pleases me much, even when it makes me unhappy, responds Artie, with a warm and respectful tone. You are good to me, and I will do what I can. Tell me more of your recent dreams of the spirits, if you will.

After she responds, Artie will ask: where is the village of the (natives opposed to these natives)?