Chapter 7: In The Village

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 7: In The Village

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon, is not completely surprised by this, he thought he had recognized the silhouette. Still he keeps the gun aimed at the middle of Sullivan's chest. "Mr. Sullivan," he said. "How very odd it is to be seeing you again. Please rejoin us on the Morgana." Simon waves the gun slightly to indicate the direction of the ladder. "And bring your friend with you. get moving"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Artie watched in surprise as a dark figure rose up behind Simon, striking him on the back of the head with some blunt weapon. Simon Lars fell in a heap.

Before Artie could do anything for his comrade, he felt something hard and cold poke him in the back, and from behind him a gruff voice said "Geben Sie mir die Pistole. Schnell!"

"You'd better give him your gun, Mister Evans," said Sullivan, smiling. Artie wondered how Sullivan could identify him, as he was sure he couldn't be seen, and he surely hadn't muttered loud enough to be heard.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Artie knows when he's been had. He raises his arms, and slowly turns to look at his captor, offering him the gun on an open hand. His frown is plain. They were drawn into a trap, and it was done well. For the moment, all he could do is cooperate.

OOC: Good German, Solo. Yours, or internet translator?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As one sailor took Artie's gun, the other one picked up Simon's, then stepped over his body. Both were armed with rifles; Simon's assailant had evidently struck him with the butt of his weapon.

They led Artie into the clearing, then out of it again, southward, Artie thought. The other man with Sullivan led the way, and the two rifle-wielding sailors followed behind Artie; Sullivan walked beside him. "I'm sorry it had to come to this," he said. "When that fool Schultz got himself speared, we were watching, and I saw that you could speak the native's language. That makes you rather valuable to us. Our Captain is a bit... agitated... at being so far off course. When we saw the airship passing over us, he sent us to follow you and try to collect some intelligence. I think he'll be pleased to see you."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon lies near unconscious wondering why his rolls always fail. How could he have not seen someone close enough to bash him in the head as he stealthily moved into position behind what turned out to be Sullivan. Nor hear the same hidden fellow move using stiff creaky legs in time to dodge out of the way. Simon never knew that sailors were so damn good in the woods.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon clots blood and remains motionless
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Simon Lars is now in Chapter 8.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:They led Artie into the clearing, then out of it again, southward, Artie thought. The other man with Sullivan led the way, and the two rifle-wielding sailors followed behind Artie; Sullivan walked beside him. "I'm sorry it had to come to this," he said. "When that fool Schultz got himself speared, we were watching, and I saw that you could speak the native's language. That makes you rather valuable to us. Our Captain is a bit... agitated... at being so far off course. When we saw the airship passing over us, he sent us to follow you and try to collect some intelligence. I think he'll be pleased to see you."
Artie complies, and does his best to track his own position without giving much away. He remains quiet, obviously unhappy that he is a prisoner. He is secretly glad for the opportunity to find something out about the nazi submarine, but better circumstances were hoped for.