Chapter 6: Excursions

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:57 am

Simon laughed at Catherine's question. He looked about the village, "In traditional Gaelic tradition, women were just as empowered as men. Even in your own history it is so, as Lady Macbeth was a powerful leader in her own right, with a strong committment to social justice, though history, and playwrights, would have us think differently." He pauses with a slight smile, "However, I do not think the women here would be willing to speak to any of us, except for you. You might be the only agent we have capable of speaking too and working with a substantial part of their population."

He pauses while Artie talks to Monday, listening in, and scans the compound. "They are looking for a sign, they want us to do something that was promised to them in a story, such as King Arthur pulling the sword from the stone. They probably want us to bless the ceremony in some way, probably with a sacrifice of blood. Remember the knife found with the totem? Maybe you should ask for a knife and take blood from yourself and from the chief, binding his people to the Gods while blessing them. Something along those lines might be appropriate." He shrugs, "I'm guessing, but if we are gods, shouldn't we act the part?"
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Solo wrote:...Captain Pelton called out down the main passageway, "Mister Mansel, front and center! There is work for you to do!"...
Clarification: does Will hear this? I'm guessing he does.

IC: Will hearing the captain call will say, "amazing work, be right back," smiling to himself as he pulls himself away from the table he thinks, getting uncomfortably use to the action stuff, gotta make sure I remain careful. He goes to find out what's going on and what the captain's ideas are.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7752
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:17 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I should have indicated that the Captain returned below before bellowing for Mansel. However, it's reasonable that Will may have heard him.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:33 pm

occ: sorry everyone, not sure what happened.


Tommy will quickly make sure his safety is on and holster his gun. He will then run down the corridor and when he get's to the Captain he will say, "Yes sir, all set. What did you have in mind sir?"
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7752
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Rosisha wrote:Simon laughed at Catherine's question. He looked about the village, "In traditional Gaelic tradition, women were just as empowered as men. Even in your own history it is so, as Lady Macbeth was a powerful leader in her own right, with a strong committment to social justice, though history, and playwrights, would have us think differently." He pauses with a slight smile, "However, I do not think the women here would be willing to speak to any of us, except for you. You might be the only agent we have capable of speaking too and working with a substantial part of their population."
Catherine regarded Simon with a look of surprise. "You may have a point there. And you're quite the fine speaker, too... didn't they say you are an engineer?"
Nazim wrote:When he had their attention, Artie looked Monday and the others, asking them in english: "Well, the chief is asking me if we need anything. I can't imagine any advantage in asking them for a map. Maybe I can ask them for a compass? Or something magnetized? Any other ideas?"
Steve Vance leaned in. "Why would we need a compass?"

"We're having trouble with ours, it seems," replied Catherine. "But look around you... these people don't have metal. I very much doubt they know anything about magnetism."
Nazim wrote:While the others responded, Artie pondered over the chief's words. Suddenly, his eyes opened big. "Uh. Mr. Reginald... I-I mean, Monday, I think they are expecting us to do something. I can't say exactly why, but this party isn't the normal sunday brunch. And the chief's words, they talk of preparations, and it's more than just a meal. For what, I have no idea. Nor do I know exactly how to answer that without betraying our collective and very un-godly ignorance." Artie stopped and thought for a second, his right hand over the right side of his face. "Or maybe I'm losing my mind..."
Rosisha wrote:He pauses while Artie talks to Monday, listening in, and scans the compound. "They are looking for a sign, they want us to do something that was promised to them in a story, such as King Arthur pulling the sword from the stone. They probably want us to bless the ceremony in some way, probably with a sacrifice of blood. Remember the knife found with the totem? Maybe you should ask for a knife and take blood from yourself and from the chief, binding his people to the Gods while blessing them. Something along those lines might be appropriate." He shrugs, "I'm guessing, but if we are gods, shouldn't we act the part?"
"You may have a point there, Simon," replied Monday. "I haven't given these knives to the chief yet... they should be plenty sharp and clean, wouldn't want an infection now would I?"

"I wouldn't do that too hastily," said Catherine. "I recommend you get a feel for their culture as much as you can before trying something like that. Blood might be taboo."

"Take your time," added Steve. "Wait and see what they do, and maybe we can follow along without making too much of a scene."

"I'll do just that," replied Monday.

"I believe I'll do as you suggested," said Catherine, looking at Simon with an impish grin. "It would be good to know a bit more about them." She turned sharply and walked off toward the largest group of women.

...
Solo wrote:...Captain Pelton called out down the main passageway, "Mister Mansel, front and center! There is work for you to do!"...
rredmond wrote:Will hearing the captain call will say, "amazing work, be right back," smiling to himself as he pulls himself away from the table he thinks, getting uncomfortably use to the action stuff, gotta make sure I remain careful. He goes to find out what's going on and what the captain's ideas are.
crazycrypt wrote:Tommy will quickly make sure his safety is on and holster his gun. He will then run down the corridor and when he get's to the Captain he will say, "Yes sir, all set. What did you have in mind sir?"
"I'm sure you've had a gawk or two at the village? Good. I want you and Thornton back down there. I sent you along to keep an eye on Monday, maybe keep him out of trouble; the clever bastard sent you up here and then went directly into the forest before I could send you back. Yes, I know, Mister Lars is down there, and he's a good man and all, but he's not an officer. As for Thornton, I have a feeling he knows... what?" The Captain turned suddenly. "I say, Mister Thornton, how long have you been standing there? Well, never mind, I want you both down there. Leftenant, get Green to help you run a rope down and tether us to a tree or some such. I don't want to lose my only anchor, but a rope I can just cut loose if I must. You see? Good."


cc, please indicate your procedure for carrying out the Captain's orders. Recall that the only ladders drop from the aft overlook on A deck, but the tethering hardware is adjacent to the loading door on B deck. There is no standard procedure for the order the Captain just gave, so you'll have to make it up as you go along.

After Tommy and Will are on the ground, I'll start the next chapter.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Will listens intently, then he checks the gun to ensure all is still go, it's still all loaded, "safety on" he says quietly with a smile. Then he follows Tommy out helping in any feeble way he can.

If there is time (considering how useless he'll be in the whole tethering process) he'll quickly check in on Burton and Lloyd to see if there's anything new on the translation before going back down. He wants to gather as much information as possible, and the totem, and it's changes, seem too important to him not to check. "Have to head back down now," he'll whisper conspiratorially to them, lulling them that they are 'in the know' without trying to attract too many questions from the others in the room, "what useful information has your diligent efforts yielded? It all seems to tie together," he'll say, again trying to make it sound very important and like he knows something.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Nazim
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm

As Arte listens to Monday, his expression glazes over a bit. He had left for the south to get away from all the pretending, but now he's right back in the middle of it.

He looked up. It would be nice to be up there, with the piano, and... her.

OOC: The airship is in plain sight, isn't it?
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Solomoriah wrote:"I'm sure you've had a gawk or two at the village? Good. I want you and Thornton back down there. I sent you along to keep an eye on Monday, maybe keep him out of trouble; the clever bastard sent you up here and then went directly into the forest before I could send you back. Yes, I know, Mister Lars is down there, and he's a good man and all, but he's not an officer. As for Thornton, I have a feeling he knows... what?" The Captain turned suddenly. "I say, Mister Thornton, how long have you been standing there? Well, never mind, I want you both down there. Leftenant, get Green to help you run a rope down and tether us to a tree or some such. I don't want to lose my only anchor, but a rope I can just cut loose if I must. You see? Good."


cc, please indicate your procedure for carrying out the Captain's orders. Recall that the only ladders drop from the aft overlook on A deck, but the tethering hardware is adjacent to the loading door on B deck. There is no standard procedure for the order the Captain just gave, so you'll have to make it up as you go along.

After Tommy and Will are on the ground, I'll start the next chapter.
"Yes sir, on my way. You all set Mr. Thorton?" Tommy will head straight to find Mr. Green, and hopefully is able to find him rather easily. He will then tell him what the Captain wants and will ask him if he knows where there is a rope long enough. If he doesn't then Tommy will head for the loading door on B deck and when he gets there he will look for a rope long enough to reach the ground. Once they find a rope, Tommy will say to Mr. Green, "Any ideas on the best way to get the rope to the ground to tie us off?" If Mr. Green doesn't have any ideas, Tommy will suggest tieing the rope off and carrying down the other end in order to tie off.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:06 am

OOC: It looks like there'll be time to check in on the dynamic duo...

IC: "I'm good to go, I just have to go get something," Will responds to Tommy. This is when, after ensuring himself that he can find Tommy again, he'll run to Burton and Lloyd (incorporated, sorry couldn't resist) and ask them for an update, and then hurry back to find out what kind of insanely dangerous way that Tommy has to tie off and head down to the ground.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7752
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 6: Excursions

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:54 pm

crazycrypt wrote:"Yes sir, on my way. You all set Mr. Thorton?" Tommy will head straight to find Mr. Green, and hopefully is able to find him rather easily. He will then tell him what the Captain wants and will ask him if he knows where there is a rope long enough.
"Rope," replied the Chief Engineer, "is no problem. Tying off without using the anchor and without a ground crew, well, I've heard it's been done, but none of us have ever tried it." Green went directly to the ship's stores and pulled out a coil of heavy rope.
crazycrypt wrote:Once they find a rope, Tommy will say to Mr. Green, "Any ideas on the best way to get the rope to the ground to tie us off?" If Mr. Green doesn't have any ideas, Tommy will suggest tieing the rope off and carrying down the other end in order to tie off.
"That's what I was thinking. Someone with a bit of courage, or foolhardiness perhaps, could go down one of the aft ladders and tie off the rope to a tree or some such. Tell me, sir, are you familiar with proper naval knots?"
rredmond wrote:"I'm good to go, I just have to go get something," Will responds to Tommy. This is when, after ensuring himself that he can find Tommy again, he'll run to Burton and Lloyd (incorporated, sorry couldn't resist) and ask them for an update, and then hurry back to find out what kind of insanely dangerous way that Tommy has to tie off and head down to the ground.
Dr. Burton looked pleased, and Michael Lloyd was quite excited when Will arrived. "Look, Will, I think we have it!" Michael held out a notepad for Will to look at.

It read:
By Blood the Gate is Opened
Seven are Its Ways
By Blood the Gate is Opened
Seven and Seven are The Spirits
By Blood the Gate is Opened
A True Son Must Heed Their Words

"I believe it's a prayer of some sort," said Lloyd when Will was finished. "What do you think?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests