Chapter 5: Alarums

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Lars will continue looking for Green, knowing that he needs to find something to do to occupy his time. However, he is going to take a few moments to talk with the crew, and ascertain the situation. See how people are feeling, make sure their is no one on the verge of shell shock. As such, he will walk back and forth on B Deck, and have a kind word for everyone, even the bridge crew. He'll pop his head in and ask if anyone wants breakfast, then fetch it for them. He will also check the radio room, and give a helpful word, crack a joke, see if anything is needed that he can provide.
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:18 pm

"Yes sir, straight east just as ordered."
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7661
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm

GM Note: Sorry I missed replying to your original post.
Rosisha wrote:He stops going and slips into the electrical room and retrieves his gun.
As Lars bent down to retrieve his gun from beneath the generator, he felt a thump through the floor plates. Something, or someone, hit the floor hard somewhere nearby. Of course, it could be just a piece of luggage toppling in the cargo hold...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7661
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:44 pm

crazycrypt wrote:"Yes sir, straight east just as ordered."
"Yes, very well," said the Captain. Turning back to Will, he said "I can't imagine the storm last night blew us that far south." He thought a few moments longer. "Perhaps the best thing would be for us to send a party down to look around. If there are any people, they must be hiding in the wooded areas below. Near the river would be the place to look, I think."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Lily called to him. "Artie, come sit down," she said, "you need to eat something." Lily was sitting with Miss Emily and the Baron at the small table nearest the piano.
"That I do!" replies Artie. "I'm famished!"

"Little bit of a detour," comments Artie lightly a propos of the current situation. "It'll make a good story to tell friends when we all get home. Although I don't think it'll be good publicity for the airship industry!"

I shouldn't be making light of the situation, thinks Artie. But I guess that if it weren't for that chanting and the dream, this little business of being lost wouldn't faze me at all. If I'm going crazy, no reason to get everyone else worked up.
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 pm

OOC: Given the recent development I want to edit my actions! :D

IC: Lars straightens and ponders what he just felt. He moves out into the hallway and turns to see if any other crewmen felt when he felt. He will then move towards the bridge and report he felt something heavy hit the floor boards. He thinks it could be cargo.. but just to be sure he wants permission to enter the cargo hold and investigate.

He knows that the cargo hold is usually under control of the stewards, so he doesn't want to step on any toes. Assuming he gets permission, he is going to move to the doors slowly, and place his ear against the door. If he doesn't hear anything, and no one is around, he will draw his pistol, open the door, and be ready to shoot anything that comes through.

If someone is with him he will have a torch ready, he will open the door, and look through the cargo hold from the door way, ready to slam the door shut if he has too. He isn't just going to meander in, he will slowly and carefully advance, making sure to listen and look before doing anything.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 pm

OOC: Funny where I feel Will has to go here...

Will is going to want to be on the landing party, he needs to know what's going on (and he's not wearing a red shirt :D ). He's not as cowardly as he portrays, though he's not altogether sure about going down, but he has an almost obsessive need to know what's going on and have a say in the direction things move. He isn't going to play the leader, but Will is going to, at this point, play up his survival skills. Things he's picked up on the mean streets of Brooklyn, and in his studies for long cons ("studies of interest" he'll explain them as) - he'll in no way play up any physical strength, it's obvious he's not all that strong and he's trying to ensure survival here, so will be honest that most of his survival skills were picked up in due to a lack of physical strength. To ensure his survival if they do go down, he's going to use his persuasion on the "war council" that the captain shouldn't go down ("too important to the dirigible"), Lars should go down (thinking to himself, he's the only one who could tell I wasn't on the up-and-up, he's sharp and needs to come, and that Artie should be part of this party, if he so desires (someone's gotta watch my back :) ) b/c of how well Will and Artie worked before). He'll agree with others when the subject of Mansel comes up, as he remembers him from the fire fight.

OOC: The funny part being that this is kind of natural for Will, but it does bring all the PCs together, if Will's gambit works. Not sure if that's where you were going Solo, but Will's not stupid by a long shot - best chances for survival forward.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7661
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Rosisha wrote:Lars straightens and ponders what he just felt. He moves out into the hallway and turns to see if any other crewmen felt when he felt.
Lars noticed that the crew mess was empty; in fact, the entire forward passageway was unoccupied.
Rosisha wrote:He will then move towards the bridge and report he felt something heavy hit the floor boards. He thinks it could be cargo.. but just to be sure he wants permission to enter the cargo hold and investigate.
"Fine, check it out," replied Briggs from his station at the wheel. "I'm sure it's nothing significant."

Stepping out of the bridge, Lars saw the door at the aft end of the crew passageway closing. Suspicious, he moved to the door and listened; he couldn't hear any activity on the other side, so he decided to open the door slowly, gun at the ready. But as he turned the handle, he felt more than heard a faint mechanical clank.

Looking through the door, Lars saw Brandon, wearing a parachute, opening the outer door.

GM Note: Lars and Brandon are in rounds. Lars has the initiative, and neither man is apparently surprised.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7661
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter V

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm

rredmond wrote:OOC: Funny where I feel Will has to go here...
Reading your post, I really don't see where to proceed here. I don't want to write your dialog for you.

"Captain, I think we're missing something here," said Monday. "We've all gotten fixated on the unknown land below us. I'm more concerned about the whole saboteur issue. Neville is dead, and Brandon is in custody, and I'm told that Sullivan and Lusk bailed out, but how can we be sure that there aren't any more saboteurs, or any more sabotaged equipment on board?"

"Mister Monday," replied the Captain, "as I've stated before, I know all these men personally, save for Mister Lars, who spent his night repairing our damaged engine, and Mister Mansel, here, who killed Neville. I trust them all with my life, and you must trust them with yours. On the other hand, I am interested in the motives of the saboteurs."

"I can help there," said Dr. Ringstrom. "Morgana and I were their targets. Friends warned me when I left Germany that there would be those who hated me, who did not want to see a successful dirigible built anywhere else. I just didn't believe they'd come after me, or sabotage the ship I designed."

"I don't understand one thing," said Monday. "Why try to kill you personally, if they were planning to sink the ship in the north Atlantic? Pardon my saying so, but you'd freeze or drown like the rest of us if the ship went down... why try to kill you personally?"

"I don't know," replied Ringstrom. "Captain, I know we had this discussion just last night, but now things are different. Let me help. I'm willing to work under the direction of Mister Green."

"I'll talk with him, Doctor. I won't make any promises just yet, but if anything else goes wrong, I'll make it an order."

"Thank you, Captain."

"Look," came a call from starboard. It was Violet, leaning over the rail looking out the window. "People!"

Looking out the forward window, Will and Artie could see a small group of people walking out of the trees near the river, perhaps a mile upstream of the river delta. Though they were still quite far away, it was possible to see that they were nearly naked and dark skinned... African savages, it seemed. Everyone in the lounge watched, almost speechless, as the distant group quickly erected a tent of striking scarlet, yellow, and green fabric, patterned in regular stripes.

When the tent was entirely upright, one of the distant figures went inside, while six others took up positions around the tent, apparently guarding it.

"What do you make of that?" asked the Captain, wonderingly.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter V

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 am

Lars smiles grimly, "Mr. Brandon," He begins, "How interesting to see you here." He levels his gun right at him, and continues to use the door and wall as a shield. "Why don't you step down, get out of that parachute, and put your hands high so that I don't get nervous. One wrong move and I shall send your soul to hell with little concern for my own." His gun is steady, his voice even. He smiles politely at Brandon and never lets the pistol waver. He crouches low, his combat experience evident.

IN THE EVENT BRANDON COOPERATES:
If Brandon steps down and raises his hands, then Lars will move into the room well still covering Brandon. He will close and shut the door for some personal one on one time. The entire time his pistol will not waver off of Brandon. "You know what is really unfortunate? That you don't know me. See," He begins, moving forward slowly, keeping his pistol trained directly on Brandon, but not getting close enough to risk physical combat. "The good Captain, bless his soul, doesn't know that I am armed. Doesn't know who I truly am. I have killed many times, and will probably do so in the future for my own motherland." He smiles, levels the gun at Brandon and fires.

Knowing that the gunshot will draw attention he quickly holds his arm out and fires again, this time grazing his arm. He drags the body of Brandon over, makes it look like a struggle, and then falls to his butt, moving the gun to his hurt arm. His story will be:

--- Brandon was attempting to leave the ship, and I'm not sure how he escaped. I came up behind him to bring him down, but he pulled a weapon. He fired it, and grazed my arm, as I had continued to close on him. We struggled, I got the gun, and fired it right into his chest.

IN THE EVENT BRANDON DOES NOT COOPERATE:
Lars will fire, then duck inside of the room keeping low and weaving to his left. He will advance, and fire at any opportunity he can take. He will hope that the bullets will either kill his opponent, severely wound him, or force him to keep his head down until help arrives.

OOC: I'll handle questions about the gun later!
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests