Chapter 5: Alarums

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
rredmond

Re: Chapter V

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote:
rredmond wrote:OOC: Funny where I feel Will has to go here...
Reading your post, I really don't see where to proceed here. I don't want to write your dialog for you.
urm, sorry about that, thought I was just setting what I wanted, didn't know where this was going. I'll write a more thorough dialog post once I fight the snow into work! :D
the DM wrote:.....
"What do you make of that?" asked the Captain, wonderingly.
"Perhaps their own 'war council'?" Will says half to himself.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Mak

Post by Mak »

Solomoriah wrote:Everyone in the lounge watched, almost speechless, as the distant group quickly erected a tent of striking scarlet, yellow, and green fabric, patterned in regular stripes.

When the tent was entirely upright, one of the distant figures went inside, while six others took up positions around the tent, apparently guarding it.

"What do you make of that?" asked the Captain, wonderingly.
"That must be the Immigration and Naturalization Tent," remarks Artie. "We'd best have our passports handy."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

rredmond wrote:
Solomoriah wrote:"What do you make of that?" asked the Captain, wonderingly.
"Perhaps their own 'war council'?" Will says half to himself.
Mak wrote:"That must be the Immigration and Naturalization Tent," remarks Artie. "We'd best have our passports handy."
"Artie!" said Lily, obviously irritated. "This is no time for jokes!"

"I rather suspect he's right," said Monday. "Captain, I think they are waiting for us."

"Lord knows I'd love to send a delegation down, but who? I surely can't go myself, procedure you know, Captain remains with the ship and all that. I'd like to send Leftenants Briggs and Mansel, but it wouldn't be prudent to send down two out of three of our remaining qualified helmsmen into an unknown situation. Oh, of course, I'm qualified too, but still you see my point."

"Send me," said Monday. "I'm experienced at high-level negotiations, and I'm not essential to the ship. I'll ask Will here to join me, he seems to be a keen judge of people."

"All your experience at negotiations won't be worth much," said Catherine Burton. "I rather doubt they speak your language. Whereas I have made a special study of African languages."

"Miss, I'm afraid we can't send a woman into such a situation," said Captain Pelton.

"Oh, dear," said Dr. Burton quietly.

"A woman!" said Catherine, turning on the Captain. "I'll have you know, sir, I can outshoot, outrun, and outthink any man on this ship! And I'll bet I can take your Mister Thornton here in a wrestling match, and it doesn't bother you a bit to send him into 'such a situation!'"

"Miss Burton," said Monday, "I'd be delighted to have you with us."

"Very well," said the Captain, though it was obvious it was NOT "very well" at all, "you may go. Also..."

Suddenly, a shot rang out!

Rosisha wrote:Lars smiles grimly, "Mr. Brandon," He begins, "How interesting to see you here." He levels his gun right at him, and continues to use the door and wall as a shield. "Why don't you step down, get out of that parachute, and put your hands high so that I don't get nervous. One wrong move and I shall send your soul to hell with little concern for my own." His gun is steady, his voice even. He smiles politely at Brandon and never lets the pistol waver. He crouches low, his combat experience evident.
Slowly Brandon turned, raising his hands. "Don't shoot, Simon." As he released the undogged doors, the left-hand door swung slowly open, pushed by the wind of the ship's passage. Then Brandon smiled, and simply fell backward through the open door.

Lars fired at Brandon, just before he fell through the door. He was sure that he had hit his target, but could not tell how badly Brandon was hurt.

"Bloody hell!" came an exclamation from the kitchen. Turning, Lars saw the head cook looking at him.

"Leftenant, I'd say that was on B deck," said the Captain. "Get down there, settle the matter. Be careful!"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Lars swears and darts forward, withOUT jumping out of the ship he stares over the deck. His fist slams into the deck panel and he stares out, knowing that he won't be able to find the bastard. He escaped. He turned to go back to the cook "You, get to the bridge. Brandon has escaped, and we might have more sabotage on board." He says this in as loud and a clear voice as possible.

OOC: Well I guess we went with option two, though I only had to fire one bullet.
Mak

Post by Mak »

Solomoriah wrote:Suddenly, a shot rang out!

"Leftenant, I'd say that was on B deck," said the Captain. "Get down there, settle the matter. Be careful!"
Artie explodes. "Jeez! What the hell is going on on board this ship?"

Then, gathering his wits about him, he says, "What are we going to do if the next person who comes down that corridor is aiming to put a hole in Ringstrom? Or the piano player, for god's sakes? We should be ready to barricade the door to the lounge. Or something."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Solomoriah wrote:"Leftenant, I'd say that was on B deck," said the Captain. "Get down there, settle the matter. Be careful!"
"Yes sir, I will take care of it quickly," and with that Tommy will stand up and start walking to the lounge door. He will not pull his gun till he gets outside of the lounge door. He will then, as cautiously as he can, run to the stair case and then cautiously descend it with his gun pointed. When he gets downstairs he will cautiously look around and decide which way he needs to go.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote:"Send me," said Monday. "I'm experienced at high-level negotiations, and I'm not essential to the ship. I'll ask Will here to join me, he seems to be a keen judge of people."

"All your experience at negotiations won't be worth much," said Catherine Burton. "I rather doubt they speak your language. Whereas I have made a special study of African languages."

"Miss, I'm afraid we can't send a woman into such a situation," said Captain Pelton.

"Oh, dear," said Dr. Burton quietly.

"A woman!" said Catherine, turning on the Captain. "I'll have you know, sir, I can outshoot, outrun, and outthink any man on this ship! And I'll bet I can take your Mister Thornton here in a wrestling match, and it doesn't bother you a bit to send him into 'such a situation!'"

"Miss Burton," said Monday, "I'd be delighted to have you with us."
Will chuckles, "I'll go, as long as I don't have to out wresle Miss Burton. Though," he'll look back down at the view, "we may need your anthropological skills just as much as your language ones. What was that gun count on the dirigible again?"
Solo wrote:"Very well," said the Captain, though it was obvious it was NOT "very well" at all, "you may go. Also..."

Suddenly, a shot rang out!
"Guess we aren't going yet," says Will shaking his head. Can Will tell where the shot came from? He'll start heading that way, with backup as he is no longer armed.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Lars sees Tommy, "Over here!" He points, "Brandon escaped. I was searching the electrical room, checking over the generators, when I discovered a gun hidden there. About the same time, I heard a suspicious noise, and found Brandon, attempting to escape. I ordered him to back off, or I would shoot, and he made a quick move, I fired, and he leaped back through the opening to the ocean below. I think I hit him, but I'm not sure."

Simon sighs, apparently highly stressed by the incident. "Anyway, I found this gun in the electrical room. We have no way of knowing what else he hid on board, or, in the process of his escape, did he leave another bomb. We need to search the vessel, top to bottom, and do so now. I was looking forward to the end of my shift and some sleep, but if there is another bomb, we have no choice in the matter."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Rosisha wrote:Lars sees Tommy, "Over here!"
Tommy walks over to where Lars is standing. "The Captain sent me down here to find out what was going on."
Rosisha wrote:He points, "Brandon escaped. I was searching the electrical room, checking over the generators, when I discovered a gun hidden there. About the same time, I heard a suspicious noise, and found Brandon, attempting to escape. I ordered him to back off, or I would shoot, and he made a quick move, I fired, and he leaped back through the opening to the ocean below. I think I hit him, but I'm not sure."
"Boy, what else could go wrong," Tommy says with a slight chuckle.
Rosisha wrote:Simon sighs, apparently highly stressed by the incident. "Anyway, I found this gun in the electrical room. We have no way of knowing what else he hid on board, or, in the process of his escape, did he leave another bomb. We need to search the vessel, top to bottom, and do so now. I was looking forward to the end of my shift and some sleep, but if there is another bomb, we have no choice in the matter."
"Why don't you hand me the gun and we can go up and alert the Captain to these matters; then we can go searching." With that Tommy holds out his hand waiting for the gun with his gun still in hand and his trigger finger still on the trigger. Tommy learned a long time ago to trust noone that has a gun.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

"Sure" Simon says with ease, flipping the gun over to hand it over while holding the barrel. "No need to keep this out where anyone can get it. However, I suggest we inform the Captain quietly. I don't think the passengers can handle another.. upset. I don't want to make things hard on them, or the Captain. What do you think?" Simon smiles, with an earnest desire to please.

"I just wonder.." he pauses and his face goes distant. "I've had this feeling. A queer itching at my gut, that something is most definitely not right. My grandmother would tell me that I was being spoken to by the faerie, mischievous beings of Irish mythology." He grunts, "Though I'm thinking that all of this violence has just reminded me of my days fighting the Republicans, have you ever been involved in street to street fighting?" He shudders, "Brutal. I keep expecting a sniper to be shooting at us next. Or a grenade to be tossed out a door. I know, silly. But I can't shake it."