Chapter 4: Storm

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:24 am

Mak wrote:"We know about the bomb, if that's what you're referring to," says Artie. "One of the lady passengers saw Lars on his way to dispose of it and told us about it. I sent her off to find the captain... and for a second we wondered if Lars here was another saboteur. Glad to know otherwise," he adds.
Over Green's shoulder, Artie saw the door to the passenger quarters open just a bit, and a feminine face peeking around... Catherine. Of course, they haven't made it to the Captain at all, thought Artie, they'd have to come through here to get there.
Mak wrote:"Do you mind if we accompany you to report to the captain? I'd also like to find Miss Emily and reassure her. I wouldn't want her telling everyone on the ship about it: it'll just create a panic."
GM Note: I'm omitting this, as Artie can plainly see where Miss Emily is, and can assume she knows the situation.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 am

crazycrypt wrote:"No sir, it appears the storm is messing with our compass," Tommy said to Briggs. "I've been trying to keep the ship steady, but this wind isn't making it easy," Tommy says with a very small chuckle.
It seemed like hours, but when the storm ended, Tommy saw that it was only just past 12:45 AM. And end it did, so suddenly that the clouds seemed to melt away; ahead, Tommy saw stars once again.

According to the compass, which had also settled down, Morgana was proceeding almost due west; Tommy automatically began to turn the ship around, still wishing for full power.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:56 am

Mak wrote:..."Do you mind if we accompany you to report to the captain? ...
Will is going to quietly nod in agreement as Artie is talking, and watch the crewmembers to see any reactions, or telling signs of anything out of the ordinary. While Artie has their attention Will, nonchalantly, trying not to call attention to himself, puts the safety on and slips the gun back in his belt under his shirt/suit jacket to hide it. And he will head with the group to find out what's going on as well.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm

rredmond wrote:Will is going to quietly nod in agreement as Artie is talking, and watch the crewmembers to see any reactions, or telling signs of anything out of the ordinary. While Artie has their attention Will, nonchalantly, trying not to call attention to himself, puts the safety on and slips the gun back in his belt under his shirt/suit jacket to hide it. And he will head with the group to find out what's going on as well.
"Oh, very well," replied Green. "You lot follow me. Lars, when you're ready, number one awaits."

Turning around, the Chief Engineer saw Catherine. "Dear girl," he said, "don't worry, we've everything under control. You ladies may return to bed." Nodding, Catherine withdrew, closing the door.

Green led the way downstairs, moving directly forward as soon as he reached the bottom. Some of the crew were in the mess, deep in discussion, but they clammed up as soon as they saw passengers. Green nodded to them but did not stop until he reached the end of the passageway. The door on the right was open, but Green knocked anyway.

"Yes, Mister Green," came the Captain's voice from within, "have you good news for me?"

"Well, sir, mostly. Mister Lars has thrown the bomb overboard. However, I'm afraid he ran afoul of some passengers."

Seeing Green's glance toward Will and Artie, Captain Pelton stepped out into the passageway. "Well, now, fellows, is there some problem here?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Turning around, the Chief Engineer saw Catherine. "Dear girl," he said, "don't worry, we've everything under control. You ladies may return to bed." Nodding, Catherine withdrew, closing the door.
Artie whispers to the withdrawing Catherine as the group moves by, "Please let Miss Emily know that she need fear nothing. All is well and the ship is safe. Have a good night!"
Solomoriah wrote:Seeing Green's glance toward Will and Artie, Captain Pelton stepped out into the passageway. "Well, now, fellows, is there some problem here?"
Artie lets Lars speak first, if it's him the captain is addressing; otherwise, he replies: "Hello again, cap'n. Will and I were about to retire when Miss Emily came rushing down the stateroom corridor with the news that she'd just passed a man carrying a bomb. Well, given the evening's events, Will and I decided we'd better investigate. We were happy to learn that Lars here wasn't planting a bomb, but rather disposing of one. Still, we wanted to let you hear how things played out from our end. Frankly, cap, I can't help wondering if there's any other imminent disasters going on we should know about." Artie says this last bit half-jokingly.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 pm

GM Note: Lars is not with you, unless he chooses to do something other than follow Green's orders.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter IV

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:33 pm

OOC: Lars is NOT with you guys, but is up in the engine room!

Lars takes a deep breath and nods thanks to Green before heading back to his poor engines. He will continue to work on the engines and hope that he can get them up and running. As the winds howl and blow, he mutters to himself in stress, going over the steps out loud. Eventually covered in grease and oil, he takes a moment to realize that the storm has stopped. He heads up the passage to the crows nest for a quick look around, to see if he recognizes any constellations to find out just how far off course they might be.

Finally he will head back. Duty calls and he wants to get to the States alive!
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter IV

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 am

Solomoriah wrote:GM Note: Lars is not with you, unless he chooses to do something other than follow Green's orders.
Revised response:
Artie replies: "Hello again, cap'n. Will and I were about to retire when Miss Emily came rushing down the stateroom corridor with the news that she'd just passed a man carrying a bomb. It was, of course, Mr. Lars, whom you'd apparently sent to dispose of one, but we didn't know that. Given the evening's events, Will and I decided we'd better investigate. We were happy to learn that Mr. Lars wasn't in fact planting a bomb. Still, we wanted to let you hear how things played out from our end. Frankly, cap, I can't help wondering if there's any other imminent disasters going on we should know about." Artie says this last bit half-jokingly.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter IV

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 am

Will listens as the others interacts and looks for anyone who's reaction is a little too cool, or a little too nervous, or anything in between by anyone in the room. At this point he's pretty trusting of Artie and is comfortable letting him do the talking and is just intent on gathering information. Getting off the dirigible safely is his goal, and he's working toward that end, with his paraniod tendencies he is assuming that there are other "bad guys."
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 am

Rosisha wrote:He heads up the passage to the crows nest for a quick look around, to see if he recognizes any constellations to find out just how far off course they might be.
As Simon Lars ascended the stairs to the crow's nest, he could feel the ship coming about; as he watched the stars through the great window, he saw and felt the ship settle on course. Though he was no navigator, Lars could readily recognize Polaris, off to the right, and thus knew that the ship was on course westward.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest