Chapter 3: Mutiny!

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter III

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:03 pm

"As you say," replied Green in a whisper. He grasped the door handle and slowly turned it, then pulled the door open sharply. Lars slipped into the room in a crouch, looking out for any opposition.

There was none. The room was entirely unoccupied. Breathing a sigh of relief, Mr. Green pressed the button beside the door, flooding the room in light.

The problem with the two great Ringstrom Mark I engines was obvious. Someone had loosened the oil drain plugs, so that the oil in the engines would slowly leak out. The floor of the engine room was slick with dark engine oil.

The two engines resided in the aft part of the chamber, opposite the entry door. They were arranged in a V formation, with their main shafts feeding into a large gearbox at the center of the back wall. On either side of the engine room door were piled boxes of engine parts... pistons, rods, nuts and bolts, a few spare carburetors, along with several large cans of engine oil.

"I'll wager that number one is seized, Lars," said Green. "You're reputed to be something of an expert on engines, so why don't you get started pulling the heads while I tighten up the plug on number two and get some oil back in it. After I get it started, I'll help you. Oh, and beware the oily floor, son."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter III

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Lt. Neville was, as far as Tommy could see, dialing the phone. As he dialed, he looked up and saw Tommy coming, Luger at the ready, and apparently decided that discretion was the better part of valor, slipping sideways out of the doorway. Tommy saw him reaching toward his belt as he moved away.

GM Note: We are still in rounds. Let me know if Tommy plans to shoot first, or wait for Neville to act (either getting full cover, shooting, or doing something else).
Tommy will yell "FREEZE!" and start running towards Neville. Tommy figures that some of the passengers are still in the Main Lounge, and therefore, Tommy will not fire at this time, however, as soon as Neville gets out of site, Tommy will stop running and will again quietly approach Neville. "Give up Neville, I don't want to shoot you."
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter III

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Artie and Will watched, surprised, as Neville dropped the phone and stepped to the side. Even as he did so, they heard someone yell "FREEZE!" from down the passageway. Neville drew a handgun from his belt as he took cover.

Will saw his chance, while Neville was distracted, to drop to the floor and crawl over to Brandon's body. Taking the gun, he noticed that Brandon was still breathing, but only shallowly. He heard the voice from down the passage again, but couldn't make out all the words.

"Mansel, back off," yelled Lt. Neville. "I'm leaving, now, and you're in my way. Drop your gun on the floor and back down the passageway, and I promise I won't shoot any passengers."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter III

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Will ensures that there are no other hidden weapons, and while he's doing that he quickly checks for any sort of papers that look like they be important. He's want's proof that the guy he stabbed is a bad guy, when the questions come! Then he looks around thinking, me??, and tries to get in a good position to target Neville. He doesn't want to shoot at the guy, but wants to be in position to try it if need be. He stays low protecting himself at all costs though, but hopefully he can make this work to his advantage as he should at least get a chance to shoot, or stab, Neville in the legs - depending on how close Neville ends up getting, if at all. His goals are not to get hurt, and to end everything as quickly as possible; thus decreasing the chances he will get hurt. :D
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums! I read at & Magazine
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter III

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Artie and Will watched, surprised, as Neville dropped the phone and stepped to the side. Even as he did so, they heard someone yell "FREEZE!" from down the passageway. Neville drew a handgun from his belt as he took cover.

Will saw his chance, while Neville was distracted, to drop to the floor and crawl over to Brandon's body. Taking the gun, he noticed that Brandon was still breathing, but only shallowly. He heard the voice from down the passage again, but couldn't make out all the words.

"Mansel, back off," yelled Lt. Neville. "I'm leaving, now, and you're in my way. Drop your gun on the floor and back down the passageway, and I promise I won't shoot any passengers."
"Not a chance Neville!" yelled Mansel. "I don't lay down for anyone and I've got your exit blocked, so give it up while your still breathing." While Mansel is yelling at Neville and still watching for Neville to poke his head back around the corner, Tommy will attempt to knock on the one of the doors hoping nobody answers looking for a room he can open the door to get some cover.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter III

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:49 pm

crazycrypt wrote:"Not a chance Neville!" yelled Mansel. "I don't lay down for anyone and I've got your exit blocked, so give it up while your still breathing." While Mansel is yelling at Neville and still watching for Neville to poke his head back around the corner, Tommy will attempt to knock on the one of the doors hoping nobody answers looking for a room he can open the door to get some cover.
The last door on the port side belongs to room number one; as that door would provide the best cover for Mansel, he knocked on it. It opened, just a bit. "Mansel, is it?" said a voice quietly. "I take it we have mutineers aboard. How can I help?"
rredmond wrote:Will ensures that there are no other hidden weapons, and while he's doing that he quickly checks for any sort of papers that look like they be important. He's want's proof that the guy he stabbed is a bad guy, when the questions come! Then he looks around thinking, me??, and tries to get in a good position to target Neville. He doesn't want to shoot at the guy, but wants to be in position to try it if need be. He stays low protecting himself at all costs though, but hopefully he can make this work to his advantage as he should at least get a chance to shoot, or stab, Neville in the legs - depending on how close Neville ends up getting, if at all. His goals are not to get hurt, and to end everything as quickly as possible; thus decreasing the chances he will get hurt. :D
Neville turned suddenly, aiming his weapon at Will. "Bloody knife in one hand, smoking gun in the other," he said, standing with his back to the piano and his gun covering Will. "You don't look like much of a killer, mein Herr, though you seem to have gotten the job done at least once. Do you think your luck will hold out? If not, drop both weapons and crawl away like a good little coward."

GM Note: Neville got the initiative, and has chosen to keep Will covered. If Will does anything Neville doesn't like, Neville gets to act first. Unless, somehow, Neville is distracted...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter III

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:01 am

Artie decides to play dumb. "I don't understand this, Mr Neville -- what are you talking about shooting passengers for? Aren't we all on the same side here? Are you telling us that you're in league with the assassin Brandon?" He pitches his voice loudly enough so that anyone in the corridor outside can hear -- he knows someone's there, but doesn't recognize Mansel's voice. "And just where do you think you're going to escape to? You're on an airship, for chris'sake!"
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter III

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:09 am

(OOC: Hope I can post!)

Lars nods, "On it sir." And immediately crosses to the engines. He doesn't waste any time, and instead attempts to work quickly and safely, cautious of the oil hazard, but also realizing the need to work damn fast. And he means FAST. He will do everything he can to make sure the engines are in top notch shape, knowing that his very survival depends on them!
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter III

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:38 am

Solomoriah wrote: Neville turned suddenly, aiming his weapon at Will. "Bloody knife in one hand, smoking gun in the other," he said, standing with his back to the piano and his gun covering Will. "You don't look like much of a killer, mein Herr, though you seem to have gotten the job done at least once. Do you think your luck will hold out? If not, drop both weapons and crawl away like a good little coward."

GM Note: Neville got the initiative, and has chosen to keep Will covered. If Will does anything Neville doesn't like, Neville gets to act first. Unless, somehow, Neville is distracted...
Will will act scared (not too far off from the truth) and surprised that he's actually got weapons in his hands. If there is no reaction to Artie, or any other diversion, he will then slowly put the weapons down. He figures he has a better chance of getting killed without weapons than with them, but he likely has very little chance with Neville in a gun fight. He's hoping the multiple fronts Neville is worrying about will allow him to safely keep his weapons, but he will certainly put them down and crawl away as ordered to avoid getting shot. He does trust his luck too much at this point, but Neville resorting to name-calling means he's worried, so he tries to draw out relinquishing his weapons. Any decent diversion he gets, he'll take the shot, aiming mid-torso, and then dive under a table, hopefully pushing it over for some cover.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums! I read at & Magazine
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter III

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:24 am

Artie surreptitiously feels a corner of the table near him, wondering if it's bolted to the floor and whether it can easily be flipped over to serve as cover.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest