Chapter 3: Mutiny!

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Chapter III

Post by Solomoriah »

Mak wrote:"Good Lord," gasps Artie. He springs to her side. Tugging his handkerchief from his pocket -- he always keeps a clean one on hand to wipe his forehead when the jazz gets serious -- he presses it against Lily's wound to staunch the flow of blood. "Don't worry, Lily," he says, "we'll get you fixed up something quick. Hang in there." Then, raising his voice to address the assembled passengers: "Is there a doctor on board?"
Lily watched dumbly as Artie placed the handkerchief over the wound, wincing as he applied pressure to it, stopping the flow of blood. Though her face was pale, she seemed well enough for the moment.
rredmond wrote:"Oh here Artie," Will says, regaining his voice and leaning over Lily, "I may be of some help..." Will again steadies himself as he sees what he can do (OOC: Will has to have some experience with bleeding wounds of the gun shot variety - figure that's where the Survival skill comes in.)

As he leans over he whispers barely moving his lips, "keep an eye on Neville, the bloke at the phone, I fear this isn't over" he attempts to catch Artie's eye and really puts on the trust me look, uncertain how he'll pull it off as he really means it at this point. Then he does his best to do what he can for Lily, glancing over at Neville when he can, not being a trusting sort himself.
Will saw that Artie had the bleeding wound under control. Artie, having been told to watch Neville, could hardly avoid glancing at him. Lt. Neville had picked up the receiver in his right hand, and was dialing the phone with his right index finger; Artie noticed that he had a firm grip on the doorframe with his left hand, as if bracing himself.
crazycrypt wrote:Tommy will go back to the steps briefly enough to tell Briggs, "hurry and get the Captain and others up here, I think I have found our missing crewmen and I can't go both directions. Looks like some are out on the overlook, might be looking to jump."
Lt. Briggs was close on Mansel's heels. "I'll stand watch here," he said. "Green, Lars, get upstairs. I have a feeling all the saboteurs are on A deck, but be careful." Turning to Mansel, he said, "Go forward, see what's going on there. Try not to get anyone killed, you included."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Solomoriah wrote:Lt. Briggs was close on Mansel's heels. "I'll stand watch here," he said. "Green, Lars, get upstairs. I have a feeling all the saboteurs are on A deck, but be careful." Turning to Mansel, he said, "Go forward, see what's going on there. Try not to get anyone killed, you included."
With that Tommy will go back to the hallway and look left towards the Main Lounge briefly just to make sure and will then turn towards the overlook door and walk towards it, gun first with his finger on the trigger ready to fire.

If nothing happens and he gets to the door he will knock on the door and ask, "Who's out there?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Tommy looked through the door to the left, down the main passageway, and saw that the door at the far end was open. Through it he could see Lt. Neville, apparently dialing the telephone; beyond him, Tommy thought he saw another white-uniformed figure lying on the floor.

Tommy closed the door quietly, and turned to go down the aft passageway. Briggs was leaning against the wall, peeking out carefully to keep watch on the door at the end. Seeing Tommy approaching, he said, "Here now, where are you going? I ordered you to go forward. I'll watch the back hatch."
Mak

Post by Mak »

rredmond wrote:As he leans over he whispers barely moving his lips, "keep an eye on Neville, the bloke at the phone, I fear this isn't over" he attempts to catch Artie's eye and really puts on the trust me look, uncertain how he'll pull it off as he really means it at this point.
Artie looks up quickly, straight into Will's eyes, then over at this Neville fellow at the phone. Artie's head is reeling. He's seen his fair share of grim violence at close hand -- lynchings, in his childhood, and some mean bar fights, as an adult. What was new here was the difficulty of sorting out friend from foe and the sudden revelation of new enemies. Back in Georgia, you knew who the bad guys were (the brutes in the pointy white hats). In a dimly light Chicago dive, you knew to look out for the red-eyed swaggering drunken stevedore. But steward assassins on a posh airship? What is this, The Thirty-Nine Steps? Geez, thinks Artie.*
Solomoriah wrote:Lt. Neville had picked up the receiver in his right hand, and was dialing the phone with his right index finger; Artie noticed that he had a firm grip on the doorframe with his left hand, as if bracing himself.
Maybe this Thornton fellow is right -- looks like Neville knows something we don't, thinks Artie. He jerks his head slightly toward the prone body of Brandon and whispers back to Will, "If that's the case maybe you should get hold of that gun..."

He widens his stance and leans into the chair holding Lily. "Hold on tight, folks," he announces to the crowd. "The ride might be getting a bit bumpy from here on in."
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Mak wrote:He widens his stance and leans into the chair holding Lily. "Hold on tight, folks," he announces to the crowd. "The ride might be getting a bit bumpy from here on in."
Neville's head snapped toward Artie even as he dialed a single digit, wearing an expression combining malice and perplexity. Then he looked around, his expression turning to one of surprise.

Artie noticed Neville was looking mostly upward... and he had never put the telephone receiver to his ear. As if he wasn't really expecting anyone to answer.

Neville tapped the switchhook with his right index finger a couple of times, then put the receiver to his ear; apparently satisfied by the dial tone, he dialed again. This time Artie paid attention, noting that he dialed the number six.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Solomoriah wrote:Tommy looked through the door to the left, down the main passageway, and saw that the door at the far end was open. Through it he could see Lt. Neville, apparently dialing the telephone; beyond him, Tommy thought he saw another white-uniformed figure lying on the floor.

Tommy closed the door quietly, and turned to go down the aft passageway. Briggs was leaning against the wall, peeking out carefully to keep watch on the door at the end. Seeing Tommy approaching, he said, "Here now, where are you going? I ordered you to go forward. I'll watch the back hatch."
"Just came back to let you know Lt. Neville is definitely down there along with another missing crew member laying on the floor, so there are still 2 missing." With that Tommy turns back and as quietly as possible opens back up the door and starts walking down the hallway hoping Lt. Neville doesn't see him. He will have his gun pointed at Neville and will be ready to fire if necessary.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Mak wrote:...Maybe this Thornton fellow is right -- looks like Neville knows something we don't, thinks Artie. He jerks his head slightly toward the prone body of Brandon and whispers back to Will, "If that's the case maybe you should get hold of that gun..."

He widens his stance and leans into the chair holding Lily. "Hold on tight, folks," he announces to the crowd. "The ride might be getting a bit bumpy from here on in."
Wiping sweat from his eyes and brow, Will calms himself and feels a wave of inward relief, he was believed when he was actually being truthful - a whole new realm for him. Guns not being a favorite of his, but he has some knowledge of them and their usage in his line-of-work; and diversions he knew and understood very well. He nods at Artie's suggestion, hanging on to the knife, when Artie get's Neville's attention, Will slides back over to Brandon, staying low, and grabs the gun. He endeavors to keep it hidden, considering he is already holding a bloody knife. Damn this can't be good, he thinks, and keeps his eyes on Neville.
Last edited by rredmond on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Lt. Neville was, as far as Tommy could see, dialing the phone. As he dialed, he looked up and saw Tommy coming, Luger at the ready, and apparently decided that discretion was the better part of valor, slipping sideways out of the doorway. Tommy saw him reaching toward his belt as he moved away.

GM Note: We are still in rounds. Let me know if Tommy plans to shoot first, or wait for Neville to act (either getting full cover, shooting, or doing something else).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Green waved at Lars to precede him up the stairs, then followed quickly, huffing and puffing the whole way. "I've let myself go, Mister Lars," he said as they entered the tank room. "I'm a fat old man."

No one was in the tank room to greet (or oppose) them, nor was anyone in the aft corridor. The door to the engine room, the only hatchway in the envelope, was closed; and as it had no window, Lars could not see into the room. "Let me catch my breath," said Green quietly, "and then we'll see what... or who... awaits us behind that door."
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Lars feels his internal motor starting to turn, the adrenaline pumping through his blood, and giving him the drive and energy to to haul all this gear up. He takes a tool in his hand (OOC: whichever tool would be appropriate, I'm thinking a wrench) and hefts it thoughtfully. He looks at Green, "Nonsense sir, who would expect gun shots and close quarter combat on a civilian ship?" He grins, "But I think we'll be okay. We've got a good crew!" He prepares a torch in his off hand, and holds the wrench up and presses his back firmly against the wall next to the door. He then slides down, "When you're ready sir, I'd suggest you open the door and I'll slide in close to the floor in a crouch. I'll dart to the right to draw fire and give you a clear line." Lars isn't talking loudly, but using a very quiet whisper, and his movements are being kept quiet as well. His eyes will occasionally dart around looking for threats.