Chapter 10

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Nazim

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Nazim »

Did Artie hear the exchange of gunfire related to the botched mission?
Would it be possible to make a hole in the structure's wall?
Is there a chimney - hole? Would it be possible to reach it?

Artie frowns as he notes the babies. His opinion of the nazis continued to lose ground, as he wondered why they would imprison babies who require constant attention from a mother. He peeked out the door in an attempt to see what was going on outside.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nazim wrote:Did Artie hear the exchange of gunfire related to the botched mission?
No, he didn't. Slept right through it, apparently.
Nazim wrote:Would it be possible to make a hole in the structure's wall?
The hut has walls made of mud brick, sun hardened; without a tool, it seems rather difficult.
Nazim wrote:Is there a chimney - hole? Would it be possible to reach it?
Yes, there is a hole directly in the center of the conical roof, where the slender logs that support the thatching come together. Artie isn't sure how he'd get up there, more than 12 feet high, though.
Nazim wrote:Artie frowns as he notes the babies. His opinion of the nazis continued to lose ground, as he wondered why they would imprison babies who require constant attention from a mother. He peeked out the door in an attempt to see what was going on outside.
"Nein!" yelled one of the Nazi guards, followed by some other unintelligible German, as Artie tried to take a look outside. All he saw was the guard, and another apparently just like him, making threatening gestures with their guns.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

"I'm not nine..." Artie joked to himself, grinning at Shirka. He looked up at the logs that held up the thatched roof, and about the edifice of the building. He examined how the thatching was weaved trying to pull some rope free without making too much noise.

His plan was to make some kind of rope, and tie a stick (strong enough to carry some weight) to it that would be wider than the chimney-gap. He would throw the stick through the gap by throwing it in the same style as a javelin, and then try to pull the rope so that the stick would lay flat across the gap. If the stick wasn't strong enough to carry him, he would haul the kids out the chimney by pulling them up there. If the kids were free, the nazis would have less control over the village.

If he gauges the plan feasible, he asks Shirka if she can help the kids down the roof on the far side of the hut and go hide quietly in the forest, waiting until it was safe to get a message to her parents.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote:Catherine smiled wryly at Will, and for once he was at a loss to know her feelings. She moved ahead of him, and for what he thought was the first time Will made note of the girlish curves under her boyish outfit.
Will loosens his collar a bit, you know to swallow, and it's a wee bit hot in here... then he follows right behind, though not too close :) amateur he thinks to himself.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nazim wrote:"I'm not nine..." Artie joked to himself, grinning at Shirka. He looked up at the logs that held up the thatched roof, and about the edifice of the building. He examined how the thatching was weaved trying to pull some rope free without making too much noise.
The roof over Artie's head looked very well-made... unfortunately, that put the ropes tying it together just beyond his reach. The hut had no furnishings per se, just a variety of rugs covering the dirt floor surrounding the open fire pit in the center. It didn't look as though the fire pit had been used in a while, which, given the warm climate, made sense to Artie.
rredmond wrote:Will loosens his collar a bit, you know to swallow, and it's a wee bit hot in here... then he follows right behind, though not too close :) amateur he thinks to himself.
Catherine, Will, Tommy, and Simon found the Captain in his quarters, in conference with Reginald Monday. "About time," he said, looking at Tommy. "Report."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Tommy will attempt to recap the happenings of his and Simon's adventure for the captain. He will attempt to not leave anything out, including going aboard the u-boat and being shot at. He will also give Simon a chance to report what happened on the u-boat while he was away from Tommy.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Simon attempts to make himself small and winces every time the captain looks his way as Tommy tells the story. Finally, at the end, he says, "I screwed up. It looked like their was an opportunity there, and I took it."

he then waits for further orders.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Are the rugs straw? Could they be unwoven and made into a rope?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

crazycrypt wrote:Tommy will attempt to recap the happenings of his and Simon's adventure for the captain. He will attempt to not leave anything out, including going aboard the u-boat and being shot at. He will also give Simon a chance to report what happened on the u-boat while he was away from Tommy.
Hywaywolf wrote:Simon attempts to make himself small and winces every time the captain looks his way as Tommy tells the story. Finally, at the end, he says, "I screwed up. It looked like their was an opportunity there, and I took it."

he then waits for further orders.
"You're a damn fool, Mister Lars," replied the Captain, "but you're brave, I'll give you that." Frowning, he continued, "It's pretty clear these Nazis have it in for us, and it doesn't look good. We're outgunned, for one, and they are all fighting men where we are mostly civilians. As if that weren't enough, lads, they have an armoured vehicle, while we are in a glorified balloon. If we were smart, we'd run away."

"We can't leave Artie in their hands, Captain!" cried Catherine.

"I know, dear girl," replied Pelton. "I'm open to ideas. Anyone have a plan?"
Nazim wrote:Are the rugs straw? Could they be unwoven and made into a rope?
Artie cast about the hut, looking for something he could use to escape the Nazis. He was examining the rugs when he heard a voice at the door.

"Good news, Artie," came the voice of Hauptmann Seiler. "I have convinced Commander Stockhausen that you might be valuable after all. He's hoping these natives can get us some intelligence about your comrades. Come along, now, we mustn't keep him waiting."
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"So bold frontal assault out of the question eh?" Will says with a smile half to himself. He'll look at the captain but pose the question to all, "can we can piece together the terrain we've seen from our 'balloon' and get somebody with some mapmaking experience to put it all together on paper?" Again with a smile, "brute force has it's place, but we may have to use stealth and surprise to our advantage to free Artie before leaving this land... or just drop me in the center of them Captain, I'll just need a big knife," he'll add making a quick show of puffing up his, somewhat puny, chest and nudging Catherine with an elbow. "I'll wager that we can out-think Nazi's any day," he'll finish seriously.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.