Chapter 10

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Nazim

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:"Good news, Artie," came the voice of Hauptmann Seiler. "I have convinced Commander Stockhausen that you might be valuable after all. He's hoping these natives can get us some intelligence about your comrades. Come along, now, we mustn't keep him waiting."
"Hold on, howt-man sailor. I have some bad news, and I don't want you to look bad in front of your commander. But first, let me bid farewell to these children."

"Shirka, all of you, get out of here as soon as you can. Unravel these carpets, and use them to climb up to the roof, and sneak to the forest. Be careful, and when it's safe, let your parents know."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

rredmond wrote:"So bold frontal assault out of the question eh?" Will says with a smile half to himself. He'll look at the captain but pose the question to all, "can we can piece together the terrain we've seen from our 'balloon' and get somebody with some mapmaking experience to put it all together on paper?"
"Our Leftenant Scott has some skills in that area," replied the Captain.

"Did you call, sir?" came a voice from the passageway. Turning, Tommy and Simon recognized the face of the navigator, Lt. Scott; he was carrying a pad of paper.

"Yes, son," replied the Captain. "Is that your map?"

"Yes, sir," said Scott, handing the pad across the table.

Nazim wrote:"Hold on, howt-man sailor. I have some bad news, and I don't want you to look bad in front of your commander. But first, let me bid farewell to these children."

"Shirka, all of you, get out of here as soon as you can. Unravel these carpets, and use them to climb up to the roof, and sneak to the forest. Be careful, and when it's safe, let your parents know."
Shirika looked at Artie with some confusion, but she quickly nodded. "We'll do our best, Lord Bey," she said.

"You're an insolent fellow, aren't you?" said Seiler roughly. "Move along now. Don't make me regret supporting you."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:"You're an insolent fellow, aren't you?" said Seiler roughly. "Move along now. Don't make me regret supporting you."
Artie turns to face his captor. "That's the problem. Me and the other folks in the airship also don't know where we are or how to get home. If you're planning on taking me in there to make things better, your captain is going to be angry with you, and maybe have me killed. I swear to you, this is the truth."

Artie pauses, letting that sink in. "I can't explain my ability to talk to these people, but think about it, why would we stay here if we knew how to go home? We were attacked by these natives. You know our captain. He wouldn't let the passengers spend more than a minute in danger if we knew how to get home."

If there's any sign that the scope of the problem is setting in: "We need to work together to figure out how to get home."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nazim wrote:Artie turns to face his captor. "That's the problem. Me and the other folks in the airship also don't know where we are or how to get home. If you're planning on taking me in there to make things better, your captain is going to be angry with you, and maybe have me killed. I swear to you, this is the truth."
Seiler paused, frowning. "You're serious," he said at length. "Damn."
Nazim wrote:Artie pauses, letting that sink in. "I can't explain my ability to talk to these people, but think about it, why would we stay here if we knew how to go home? We were attacked by these natives. You know our captain. He wouldn't let the passengers spend more than a minute in danger if we knew how to get home."
"Bah," replied Seiler. "He's still here because we have you. Why do you think we took a hostage?"
Nazim wrote:If there's any sign that the scope of the problem is setting in: "We need to work together to figure out how to get home."
"We will," Seiler replied, taking hold of Artie's arm, "right after we take charge of Morgana."

"Well, boys, what do you think?" asked the Captain. "They have us outgunned, and as far as trained fighting men, outnumbered. Do we have any hope of getting our man back?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Solomoriah wrote: "Well, boys, what do you think?" asked the Captain. "They have us outgunned, and as far as trained fighting men, outnumbered. Do we have any hope of getting our man back?"
"Is there a possibility of moving our balloon to hide it?" Will says hestitantly, realizing how it sounds, "and then organize a sneak attack." He'll wait for the others to chime in as well.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Solomoriah wrote:
Nazim wrote:If there's any sign that the scope of the problem is setting in: "We need to work together to figure out how to get home."
"We will," Seiler replied, taking hold of Artie's arm, "right after we take charge of Morgana."
Artie moves with Seiler. "Didn't your mother teach you any manners? You're a fool if you think the airship captain will endanger the rest of his wealthy passengers to save a negro entertainer. Your only real hope is to cooperate pacifically, since you could be just as useful to the captain as the other way around."
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Solomoriah wrote:"Well, boys, what do you think?" asked the Captain. "They have us outgunned, and as far as trained fighting men, outnumbered. Do we have any hope of getting our man back?"
"We will have to be stealthy, to say the least. It is such a shame that we do not have any sniper rifles aboard. Taking out targets at a distance would benefit our situation." Tommy will take a short pause here to see if anyone says anything. If nobody says anything then Tommy will say, "the only other thing we could try is a distraction. Send in the Dalar people one way while a small tactical team goes in from behind."
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Will looks uncomfortably around, "using the Dalar as a distraction, or a shield... unless we get ourselves as close as possible, then have them provide a distraction from a distance... hmmm, but then there's, what's that you military types call it, cross-fire?" Will takes a second to gather his thoughts. "Perhaps if we have the Dalar provide the distraction from one way, as Tommy said, but we come in from a completely different direction. Has the added benefit of possibly avoiding a fight altogether. As for snipers... you have heard of Catherine's prowess with a rifle, no?"
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.