Chapter 9: Darkest Before The Dawn

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 8602
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 pm

rredmond wrote:"My apologies," he'll say rubbing his head and then trying to keep a good eye on Monday, "I thought I interrupted your sleep but perhaps it was some more intellectual persuits. Seems to be the order of the day on this trip. As if the trip itself wasn't exciting enough..."
"Hard to sleep, son, though Heaven knows I need it. Looks like you do, too." Monday reached into his valise and drew out a half-full bottle of high-class whiskey and two glasses. "This might help." He put the glasses on the desk and filled both. "Go ahead," he said.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 9

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am

Solomoriah wrote:He put the glasses on the desk and filled both. "Go ahead," he said.
Will gladly accepts the glass and raises it to Monday. "Cheers." After he takes a sip, "what do you make of all this," he says shaking his head, "what in God's name is going on? We're not where we're supposed to be, we have idols changing faces and Mundabe natives and sacrificial knives, and it's all crawling with Nazis. What is going on?"
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I Link at LinkedIn
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 8602
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:33 pm

Monday downed his shot glass. "Heaven only knows, Will. I just want to get Art back up here, and get under way. The further from the Nazis we are, the better." He poured himself more whiskey, then held the bottle out. "More?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 9

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:33 pm

OCC: I'm sorry I haven't responded, however, I was waiting for your reply to Simon's last post. I know you answered the time, but you didn't really answer him on the surroundings at all.

Tommy moves up beside Simon (assuming Simon is in the lead, if not he will motion for Simon to move up to where he is standing) in order to attempt to come up with a plan of action. If there is any way possible to move any closer to the sub without being noticed Tommy will mention it to Simon as what he thinks is the best possible plan of action.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 8602
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Hywaywolf wrote:Simon peers intently into and around the village trying to make out any pattern in the patrols, locate the sub, watch for German submariners, spot any decent cover that would allow them to move through/around the village to get to the sub, spot any activity around any huts, if there is an sort of totem in the village, etc. He probably won't be able to tell much, but he is specifically looking for a way to get around the village to the river/sub.
crazycrypt wrote:Tommy moves up beside Simon in order to attempt to come up with a plan of action. If there is any way possible to move any closer to the sub without being noticed Tommy will mention it to Simon as what he thinks is the best possible plan of action.
Tommy and Simon peered out from behind the last bit of trees and scrub between them and the village. The space before them was flat for perhaps fifty yards before the hill began to rise, and unfortunately deeply shadowed, as the moon had begun to set behind them. They caught only glimpses of those warriors guarding the hill... though there might be gaps in the defensive line large enough to move through, neither man could see well enough to recognize them.

Toward the river, and the sub, was another matter. From where they stood, the river was perhaps a hundred yards to the left, snaking lazily toward the village and rounding the hill out of sight. The conning tower of the sub was easy to recognize in the moonlight... as was the man, presumably a German sailor, standing guard on the deck.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5271
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 9

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:16 am

Simon hand gestures/whispers to Tommy that we should circle around the base of the hill, in the shadows, to the river and make our way to the sub. When we get close enough to make out the village and sub a little better we will assess whether we need to search teh village or the sub for the piano player.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 9

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:21 am

Solomoriah wrote:Monday downed his shot glass. "Heaven only knows, Will. I just want to get Art back up here, and get under way. The further from the Nazis we are, the better." He poured himself more whiskey, then held the bottle out. "More?"
Will nods and weighs Mondays words. What the hell was up with that closing door? he wonders. "Thanks," he'll respond to the offer, "getting Artie back, and being underway is the most agreeable path."

Is there anything out of the ordinary in this room. Will stays wary, and only sips this glass. Monday has been up front when pouring, so no deception there, he seems genuine now. Will takes in as much of Mondays behavior and his surroundings as possible before wondering if he is just being a jerk in keeping Monday awake. Not that this thought will keep him awake, he's good at being a jerk, he's just making an observation :D
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I Link at LinkedIn
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 8602
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 9

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:49 am

Nothing about the room seemed at all strange to Will. Monday was looking substantially more relaxed; Will noted the bottle was only half full to start with, so perhaps Monday had been "relaxing" for some time.

Though Will had only drank a sip more than a shot of the whiskey, he could feel it working on him. He was perilously close to exhausted as it was, even though he had taken a short nap, and he well knew that fatigue mixed with alcohol could knock a strong man down quickly.


GM Note: Re-reading the above, I see that I never addressed Will's question as to what Monday had under his robe; the reason is that he failed in his attempt to actually make contact with anything other than Monday's arms, which he held out to bar Will's attempt at entrance. I rolled the "contest" (Will trying to "frisk" Monday, Monday trying not to be "frisked") and Monday won.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 9

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Nothing about the room seemed at all strange to Will. Monday was looking substantially more relaxed; Will noted the bottle was only half full to start with, so perhaps Monday had been "relaxing" for some time.
"My apologies again," Will says, "not sure why I thought I saw someone coming into your room. I wonder if I should go find the others..."
also spake the GM wrote:Though Will had only drank a sip more than a shot of the whiskey, he could feel it working on him. He was perilously close to exhausted as it was, even though he had taken a short nap, and he well knew that fatigue mixed with alcohol could knock a strong man down quickly.
Not being a 'strong man' Will takes a last large sip for good measure and stands to leave. "No matter what, finding Artie and getting the hell out of here sound real good to me at this point."

How tired is Will? I'm guessing back to the sack for him.
Solo wrote:GM Note: Re-reading the above, I see that I never addressed Will's question as to what Monday had under his robe; the reason is that he failed in his attempt to actually make contact with anything other than Monday's arms, which he held out to bar Will's attempt at entrance. I rolled the "contest" (Will trying to "frisk" Monday, Monday trying not to be "frisked") and Monday won.
Figured that was the case... Will needs to rig more contests, the only way he'll win! :D
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I Link at LinkedIn
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 9

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 am

Hywaywolf wrote:Simon hand gestures/whispers to Tommy that we should circle around the base of the hill, in the shadows, to the river and make our way to the sub. When we get close enough to make out the village and sub a little better we will assess whether we need to search teh village or the sub for the piano player.
Tommy agrees and motions Simon to take the lead, as he would rather bring up the rear. This way he knows where Simon is and can keep a good look out on his backside. While moving without the cover of the trees, Tommy will be very aware to anything moving, and will attempt to stay in the shadows and out of site as best he can.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest