Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Everhome is a world full of adventure and glory. Only the brave dare to seek it. Are you among them?

Moderator: Sir Daggerford

Sir Daggerford

Re: Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Baross's blade pierces the goblin's chest, and it slumps to the ground, bleeding out as a blood pours from the wound.

Following Barros's move, the cloaked figure strikes out with his sword at one of the remaining goblins, but the beast dodges the attack.

The four mercenaries act next, attacking the goblins that face them. Three of the mercenaries' swings miss or are dodged by the goblins, but one of the swords meets its target, and another goblin goes down.

Following this, the four remaining goblins in the battle retaliate. One of them misses the cloaked figure, while the other three assault the mercenaries. One of the mercenaries is pierced by a goblin's spear, and he collapses to the ground, blood gushing out.

Meanwhile, three more of the goblins who had been looting the square turn their attention on the fray, and head for it.

(OOC:

There are now the companions, three mercenaries, and the cloaked figure facing off against four goblins. The other three goblins will arrive the next round. As well, there are still four goblins looting, in addition to the giant and the dog-headed creature.

It is now Phelan's turn. Kg, roll to hit and for damage [if you hit, or if you think you might have hit].

Initiative sequence:
Barros: 5
Cloaked figure: 4
Mercenaries: 3
Goblins: 3
Phelan: 2-current turn
Cael: 1

@Rhialto:
As I said earlier, I'll add Arkus to the sequence for the next round once you roll for initiative).
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

OOC: initiative roll 3. I'll post my next action when the turn is over.
kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

Phelan strikes with her war hammer

OCC: I rolled a 16 on d20 and a 2 on d6. I have +2 on strength. Do I add that to the d20, d6 or both?
Phelan
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Rhialto wrote:OOC: initiative roll 3. I'll post my next action when the turn is over.
Okay. Sounds good. I'll add your roll to the sequence.
kg8jk wrote:OOC: I rolled a 16 on d20 and a 2 on d6. I have +2 on strength. Do I add that to the d20, d6 or both?
You apply that bonus to both. For your attack roll you also have your attack bonus, which is +1 at this point. So you definitely hit.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Phelan's war hammer crushes the skull of another goblin, and it falls the ground, limp and dying.

Meanwhile, Cael impales another goblin on his blade. The creature slumps to the ground, mortally wounded.

(OOC:

There are now five goblins (since three goblins who had been looting arrive on this turn) facing the companions, the cloaked figure, and three mercenaries. There are still the other goblins looting, as well as the other two visible opponents.

It is now the beginning of the second round. Hexamer, you're up. As I noted before, we're keeping the same initiative rolls all throughout a combat sequence.

Initiative sequence:
Arkus: 3
Phelan: 2
Cael: 1)

Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros targets the next nearest Goblin with his sword, but alas, its a miss. (OOC: Rolled a 6 on D20 +2 for STR and AB= 8)
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Following Barros's miss, the cloaked figure slays another goblin, slicing open it's abdomen, and spilling its guts across the ground. The mercenaries each attack a goblin, two of them managing to each impale a goblin on their blades.

At this point, the other goblins move towards the combat, seeing their kin's plight. The giant in the center of the square also turns toward the battle, and begins to lumber forward.

The two remaining goblins in the battle each attempt to attack a mercenary. One of them slices open the throat of one of the mercenaries, and he collapses to the ground, blood gushing out of the gaping wound.

(OOC:

There are currently two goblins facing the companions, two mercenaries, and the cloaked figure. The other four goblins and the giant will enter combat in the next round [I will roll an additional initiative roll for the giant, and add it to the sequence].

Rhialto, you're up.

Initiative sequence:
Arkus: 3-current turn

Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Seeing that handling the goblins is more than enough for the others, Arkus decides to distract the giant.

First, he will move towards one of the roads leading away from the square.
Then, he will try to get the brute's attention by hitting him with a sling bullet.
Finally, he will taunt:
"Hey you big doofus! Your mother was a hairy pig and it shows!"

OOC: roll of 9 + 3 = 12 looks like a miss. If the giant still decides to go after Arkus, the plan is to make him chase Arkus out of the village to buy the others some time.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

The giant bats the sling bullet out of the air with ease, then turns towards Arkus, and begins lumbering towards him.

Phelan and Cael each strike down a goblin as the battle continues, Phelan's war hammer crushing one's chest in, and Cael's blade slitting the throat of another.

(OOC:

The next round of combat is now beginning. There are currently four goblins facing Barros, Phelan, Cael, the cloaked figure, and two mercenaries. The giant is chasing Arkus at the moment. I rolled initiative for the giant, and added it to the sequence.

Hexamer, you're up.

Initiative sequence:
Barros: 5-current turn
Giant: 4
Arkus: 3

Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros swings his sword at the next nearest Goblin, determined not to miss again.

(OOC: Rolled 16 +2 for STR & AB=18 for 4+1STR= 5 damage)
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Barros's blade pierces the creatures chest, and it falls. The cloaked figure similarly strikes a goblin down, running it through with a quick thrust of his blade.

The giant lumbers towards Arkus, and is now within striking distance. It swings its club, but Arkus just barely manages to dodge it.

The two mercenaries both strike at goblins, but their strikes are easily dodged by the foul things. Following this, the goblins turn tail and flee into the church. The companions also notice that the dog-headed creature that was standing by the entryway has now disappeared.

(OOC:

The direct combat with the goblins is now over. The companions may of course chase them if they wish. However, time will still be kept track in rounds, and we will continue to use the sequence until the end of this full encounter. Arkus is now facing an angry giant all by himself.

Rhialto, you're up.

Initiative sequence:
Giant: 4
Arkus: 3-current turn