Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Adventures set in and around Matt Jackson's Bethmoora setting.

Moderator: mattjackson

Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Once everyone has had a chance to purge the sleep from their bowels, Sparka will try the key.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
Maltese Changeling
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Bragi loads Bragi's crossbow and prepares to shoot anything that comes out of the door.
User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:49 pm

((Sorry guys, went out of town, had surprise oral surgery today, and in general, life hit me like a Mac truck. I'll get a reply up tomorrow.))
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
User avatar
Maltese Changeling
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:30 am

No problemo. Bragi is a dwarf and can thus keep that crossbow trained on the door forever if need be.
User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Sparka places the key into the large oval shaped block of stone, you discover the key fits perfectly. The blue glow flashes a few times before disappearing completely, the chain falling to the ground with a loud clank. The large door beyond the statues makes a clicking sound and the opens inward, just an inch or two and creaking loudly as you all cringe.

((give me a marching order for the party as we enter the dungeon, perhaps discuss over on the OCC thread?))
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Tue May 03, 2016 7:21 am

The door moves inward with sharp determination, as if a strong wind had shoved it. It bangs against the inner wall with a loud thud. You hear the thud echo deep into the dungeon. The passage ahead is complete darkness. Luckily, a few of you can peer into the darkness, seeing a room extending away from you another forty feet or so. The opposite end of the room has another set of double doors, these are wide open to another passage beyond.

Littering the floor of this room are the bodies, likely adventurers from the look of them. All are laying or hunched over, not moving, and have large arrow bolts sticking out of them in various places. Some in the head, chest, arms, legs, back, through their shields...they seems to be jutting from every angle possible. The rent-a-cleric, Ferindad, lets a little chuckle escape. One of you toss him a look and he explains. "Look a leetle like porcupines with the arrows pokin' out of 'em is all."

You watch a moment, but nothing seems to move.
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Tue May 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Does the thief want to sweep the room for traps? It seems unlikely but...
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
Maltese Changeling
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Tue May 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Bragi looks around for pressure plates and holes in the walls, ceiling, and floor.
User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Wed May 04, 2016 8:05 am

Bragi enters the room, stepping around the fallen bodies with their arrows jutting from them. You notice that a few of them nearest the door have had their belongings rifled through but as you draw closer to the far door, fewer and fewer have been touched. You also notice that all of the bodies seem to be facing back to the front door, as if they had been heading out of the dungeon when they fell.

It takes time but you determine there are no traps in this room, now clearly twenty feet wide and about forty feet long, doors at the long end. The room is littered with bodies so badly, and in various states of decomposition, that it is quite an effort to move through the room without stepping upon one.

Bragi stops near the doorway on the far wall, standing before the tall and wide doorframe. The hairs on the back of his neck standing tall in erect awareness. While the room was littered with bodies, this passage leading away from the room is clear, a perfectly square passage - ten wide by ten tall. Something does not feel right at all, your dwarven senses are tingling.

((those poorly drawn oval shapes are supposed to be quick renderings of the bodies - I was in a hurry. -mj))
Attachments
mapII.png
mapII.png (104.4 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
User avatar
Maltese Changeling
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Wed May 04, 2016 10:07 am

Is there a rock nearby or something heavy yet small enough to toss?
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest