Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Adventures set in and around Matt Jackson's Bethmoora setting.

Moderator: mattjackson

User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:54 pm

The trip is slow and a bit annoying, having to slide to the side when large caravans that take up the majority of the trail cross your path but heading up instead of down. A single turn is roughly fifteen miles but luckily it is all downhill. It takes about a day to arrive at your destination.

One thing you have come to learn about the pit is the need for cover. At various points along the path stuff falls. Most often this is water, or some other odd liquid that you have not been able to identify. It falls onto the trail but in many places where the potential exists, someone has built cover over the trail. In most cases these are roughly made timber posts with plank roofs that cover the path. These sections are welcome relief from the annoyance, and dangers, of things falling upon the trail...and your heads.

Your destination is one of these sections. Upon arriving you determine quickly that repair work was being done on this section of cover when they broke through to a cavern. A quick look inside the tight entrance allows you to see two ancient statues, a thick iron chain is stretched between. It glows, a sparkling bluish color that moves and pops as if alive. In the middle of the chain is a large oval shaped block of stone, roughly carved in the middle is an impression. You guess the impression to be about the size of the key you received earlier in the day.

It is now well past sunset as you stand before the door.
Attachments
entrance.png
entrance.png (236.32 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:42 pm

"I say we spend the night here, outside, and enter in the morning."

OOC: Of course, I'm also assuming there's enough room in this alcove for us to squirrel away for the night.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am

OOC: Sure, the wooden uprights hold up a sizable wooden roof here so you could sleep outside the dungeon. Or if you prefer you could make room to sleep in the entrance, on the steps and in the passage, there is plenty of room. I should have added a legend for scale, sorry about that. Assume my signature logo thing is about five feet tall for the time being.
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 pm

OOC: I just don't want us sleeping on a meter-wide path or inside an unexplored dungeon. As long as there's space outside the horde of undead medusas waiting for us inside, ideally also protected from the falling mystery moisture, Sparka is happy.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
Maltese Changeling
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:16 pm

What Sparka said.
User avatar
SerGavin
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 pm
Location: England.

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:20 pm

"If that... thing is indeed a lock, and it does appear to be. I think we will be safe out here.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:31 pm

"Let's do watches though, just in case some marauding warband travels across this path. Anyone care about the order?"
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
SerGavin
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 pm
Location: England.

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:55 am

"Good Idea. I would suggest that the dwarf and the elf take the darkest hours. I shall go first."
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
User avatar
Maltese Changeling
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:54 am

"Bragi is willing to do this." Bragi then lies down and goes to sleep.
User avatar
mattjackson
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 am
Contact:

Re: Scene 02 Claim number 19950421-V

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:03 am

The night passes slowly and without incident. While Bragi is on watch he is able to witness some large and scaled creature, nearly a kilometer way on the downward turn, crawl up from the darkness below. It stopped at a turn above your current position and devoured a traveling band. Spakra stirred in his sleep, likely from the screams of those dying in the attack, but he did not rise. Beyond this, the night was uneventful.

Sunrise comes slowly, the light trickling across the massive circle above you. It is cool and a slow breeze of chilly air wafts up from below. At various levels on the turn you can see small bands of people begin to stir and move.

Ferindad rises and moves to the edge, his bones creaking and popping with each step. Reaching the edge, he begins to relieve himself with a long and meaningful sigh.
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest