Scene 01 The Split Goose

Adventures set in and around Matt Jackson's Bethmoora setting.

Moderator: mattjackson

mattjackson

Re: Scene 01 The Split Goose

Post by mattjackson »

And yes, purposefully made difficult to read, was drawn by the lone survivor of the previous ill-fated venture into the tomb. Good luck.
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Woe

Post by Woe »

Sparka reads the "turned to stone!" part of the note, then turns to ask the little man: "Just what are the current inhabitants?"
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Maltese Changeling

Post by Maltese Changeling »

"... 'Undead poured from a large portal'?" says Bragi. "Am I reading that right?"
Will

Post by Will »

I grab the gold.
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

Mister Gilliens blinks his eyes a few times, then pulls a pocket watch from his coat. "Lords o'Mitten! Will you look at the time? Gentlemen, I must apologize but I need to be off. Master Dundarbury has another important task for me to accomplish this evening. I would love to share more information with you on the claim, but alas, I have no further information on the subject. The map was drawn by the late Mister Fullen, upon whose passing my employer acquired the map, the poor man's sole possession of any value. As the man was dead, I can assure you no further information was to be gleaned from his lips...save perhaps if someone was to raise him and speak with the dead soul, of which I am sure you are aware no good can come of."

He hops out of his chair, which had been sized for him or another of his small stature, and straightens his jacket. "Now gentlemen, if you will excuse me, I must be off." He pauses a moment to see if you have any additional points of wisdom you wish to express.
matt jackson
Woe

Post by Woe »

Hah! Clever plot device. I'll let him go because Sparka wants to strangle the guy, STR 8 and all!
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

I try!

Mister Gilliens gives you a slight bow and wink, and then he is off into the night.

You now all stand there, a little gold in your pocket, a barely readable map, and hopes for adventure. You already had rooms here at the Split Goose GM freebie for the night which can be reached from out the back and up a dangerous looking set of wooden stairs.

Is there anything we wish to do before turning in for the night? OR, were you all feeling frisky and wanted to head into the pit at this late hour?
matt jackson
Maltese Changeling

Post by Maltese Changeling »

Bragi is willing to stay up and decipher the map, but Bragi is not such a fool as to descend into the Pit at night.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Sparka also wants to study the map. She'll buy another tankard of mead and charge it to Gilliens' tab another freebie from the GM! while attempting to make sense of the scrawls. After a bit, she'll stand up, look at (Will's character), remind him that she expects to see her share of the gold in the morning, then head to bed.

Sparka's willing to move things along if others are as well. She doesn't need any equipment, her CHA is too low to find anything new about this door/claim at the bar, and she has some studying to do to memorize her spells.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

You wake in the morning to a growling stomach as you wake to the wonderfully fresh smells of breakfast: eggs, ham, and bacon. You ask head down to discover Mister Gilliens has paid the tab for the room and food, and left you a note:

Good 'Morrow my friends, I hope this meal finders you well and rested. I wish you luck and a safe return. Please make haste as Master Dundarbury would like a solid return on his investment. Pleasing returns could led to further employment.

Mister Gilliens
matt jackson