Scene 01 The Split Goose

Adventures set in and around Matt Jackson's Bethmoora setting.

Moderator: mattjackson

mattjackson

Re: Scene 01 The Split Goose

Post by mattjackson »

He smiles, takes a slow and deliberate sip of his drink. "Master Dundarbury would not allow me to accept such a ridiculous contract. He has paid quite a sum of money to secure the rights to this claim, paying you that much would ultimately end up costing him and thus negate the entire point of the venture. You seem like an intelligent chap, surely we can agree to more amiable terms? Forty percent is well above the going rate these days."

He looks over you and your companions, stopping back on the dark elf again. A sly grin crosses his lips. "And besides, I am positive a few things you discover will not make the inventory yet somehow still make it to the market."
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Maltese Changeling

Post by Maltese Changeling »

Brag steps forward. "Well, I'm not minded to quibble. Where do I sign on?"
Woe

Post by Woe »

Forty percent and some on the side? Works for Sparka. She will sign on too.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

I very much much hope that there will be no clandestine goings-on here. I think that while the 90% suggested by the rather... brusque gentlemen here, the principle idea behind the demand was sound. How about we say 60% of the take with no funny business? After speaking the man takes a seat at the table. What do you say?

(charisma roll, 15+0)
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

The little man smiles at everyone attempting to speak, say conflicting things, and saying different things. "Master Dundarbury has allowed me the latitude to go as high as 50%, of course this cuts into my income for this venture. I will agree to your conditions, with one addendum. I seek the The Blue Effigy of St. Thalborf. It is a small effigy, made of blue quartz, about ya high," he makes a distance with his hands of about ten inches, "Carved to look like the honorable Saint. You find it and return it to me, we can agree on 50%, how does that mark you?"

He produces a scroll from under his coat and unfurls it on the table. It is rather detailed and goes over such things as allowing you to use his claim to enter the dungeon, if all of you are killed, he reserves the right to hire mercenaries to retrieve your bodies and lies claim to everything upon them, etc etc. At the end of the contract is already pre-printed the 50%. He pulls out a small quill pen and small vial.

"Please, make your mark."
matt jackson
Will

Post by Will »

I sign the document.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Sparka's signature is very elfin: artistic, flowing, and with many flourishes.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Maltese Changeling

Post by Maltese Changeling »

Concentrating intently, Bragi signs the scroll.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Holden signs the contract somewhat reluctantly after reading the entire document.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

After everyone has signed the little man rolls up the scroll and hides it somewhere inside his fancy jacket. He deliberately takes the time to shake each of your hands as he says "It appears we have an accord. One and a quarter turns in, you will find an entrance, clearly marked as a proper claim by Master Dundarbury...should be marked upon the door. Claim number 19950421-V. I have a map here that was acquired along with the claim. A previous group entered the tomb and was forced to retreat. Tread lightly as thee are indications the current inhabitants do not wish to be disturbed. As Master Dundarbury has high hopes for this venture, he has authorized me to supply you with an assistance grant of twenty gold for the hire of bearers and torchbears," he produces a small leather pouch and hands it to the first person who puts their paw out. He then produces a ragged old scrap of paper, folded neatly and offers it up as well. "The map, as it were. Not much information there but enough to get you moving in the right direction. Now, if you have no more questions of me, I will be off. Good luck and I wish you the best. Upon your return, ask here for a Mister Gilliens. The barkeep will send me a message and I will come post haste!"
Attachments
PbPmap.png
PbPmap.png (386.88 KiB) Viewed 11720 times
matt jackson