1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

Post by Solomoriah »

It's a rainy morning in the small village of Mistmoor. The village lies in the northwestern area of Parth along the Saviare Road, and while small, Mistmoor sees many merchant caravans passing to and fro between Parth and the neighboring kingdom of Sabien.

In the village of Mistmoor lies a tavern called The Blind Medusa, its faded sign cut in the shape of the titular monster's head with an actual rag tied across its eyes. Rumor has it a regular of the tavern covered the sign's painted blindfold with a real one in the wee hours of the morning more than three decades past. Since then each worn-out rag has been replaced before it could fall away, but the person or persons doing so are never seen.

Into the common room of the tavern, which doubles as an eating establishment (as such places often do), have come a motley group of travelers...

That's your cue. I want to see how your characters interact; at an appropriate point I'll dangle a hook to get things rolling.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
mTeasdale

Re: 1st Chapter: At the Blind Medusa

Post by mTeasdale »

"Innkeeper ! Bring us some beer !"

Alphonse look at Bothan screaming to the innkeeper and feels embarrassed. He sometimes wonder why he travels with such a jerk... He then look at the innkeeper and ask with a soft voice : "Me and my friend(s) are also hungry, could we get something to eat too ? By the way, I'm Alphonse, what's your name my friend ?"

OOC : Do we (the rest of the party) already know each other ot not ?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't know... do you?
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

Neirin is sitting back in his chair polishing his shield. He throws down his rag and with an exasperated sigh says: "Curse this infernal rain! I'm bored. I want an adventure: a goblin horde, a wandering troll, a damsel in distress, SOMETHING!"
Last edited by JMatt85 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

"Easy little friend" Tertullian advised. He is reading an obscure religious text and absent mindedly sawing at a steak long since eaten. "They have a way of turning up exactly when the Devine ordains them." He then takes a bite of the steak that isn't there and proceeded to chew.
Last edited by JMatt85 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

First you help freeing our wagon from the mud, and now food? I really must repay you. I am Rowan, and my quiet companion is Faylen.

Faylen nods

Perhaps once this terrible weather subsides we might be of use to you.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

here, here! chimed Neirin. I despise this rain. Gets my armor all rusty.
Last edited by JMatt85 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hengist came in and went over to his friend Bothan.

"Greyteeth is out the back fiddling about with the the locks on the back of the stables. Just to see if he can get them open. The devil makes work, as they say."

He scanned the room and spotted Rowan, but did not approach the deserter.

"See that man over there?" he said to Bothan, indicating Rowan with a subtle jerk of his thumb. "He's a spearman as well. I fought in the Battle of Sosila with him. But he jumped, I reckon, after we lost. There might be a reward for turning him in. But maybe he'd be more useful as an ally. Spears work best in a group. What do you think?"

Then he ordered some soup for himself and his dwarf companion.

OOC: Can I say that I know Bothan and Alphonse, but do not yet know the others? I do recognise Rowan, however.
Last edited by Longman on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Bothan to Hengist : "I would die before turning in another war veteran. This battle was a mess anyway, I had two friends who died there. The general Heimeri let all his troops get slaughtered like animals, without even thinking about retreating... was he too proud or friend with the enemy ?"

"If I was him, I would probably have done the same..."

OOC1 : That's cool with me Longman.

OOC2 : Let me know if you don't like the battle of Sosila background, I can remove it.
Last edited by mTeasdale on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Feel free to make up names. Just know they might show up sometime...