1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
mTeasdale

Re: 1st Chapter: At the Blind Medusa

Post by mTeasdale »

Alphonse winks at Bothan (their own secret code, it looks like its not the first time they get into a similar situation).

Both move towards the door of the inn, Alphonse near the wall and Bothan in front of him, one hand on his sword's hilt, just in case... (he didn't draw his sword yet, though)
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Taking the father's lead Faylen quietly slips away. After she is good and gone Rowan says

Father, I think this man has learned his lesson, and besides we are disturbing the other guests. Surely we do not want to commit the evil of spoiling others' meals, even if it is in pursuit of good? Now, we should be on our way to spread the good word, as it were. After all we should not let these clouds dim the light of Praxis.

When Faylen has left she will move around the corner of the building and wait to rejoin her companions.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The crowd of locals approached the adventurers, and some of them drew weapons or picked up things that could be used that way. But Father Tertullian's speech caused them to stop short, giving those who chose to slip away time to do so.

When the cleric had finished, one of the local men, a large fellow who seemed to command the respect of the others, said "Well... now see here, that's all well and good, but we saw that pointy-eared bastard cast a spell on Hugh! We don't take well to that kind of business. You'd better be on your way, or we'll have to teach you lot a lesson!"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

Of course good sir, I myself did not see such a spell cast, but at my age you do miss a thing or two. I would ask, however, What spell did he cast? Which of you has knowledge of magic and would be able to identify it? For all you know it was a spell of blessing upon this fine establishment, perhaps adding some flavor to their steaks - which I must admit, my last few bites were a bit plain. I am quite certain that no harm was meant and if you can show that it was, I would be happy to have him over to your justice for prosecution if that is indeed your law and Hugh wishes to press charges. Tertullian tries to reason with the crowd. Hugh?

Nierin grabs Tertullian's robe and begins pulling him twords the door muttering You over zealious fool - they are letting us go! Don't press the issue!
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Myself as an initiate of magic, I recognized that spell. It was just to know if that legend was true, and trust me it is, because if it wasn't, the nose of our good innkeeper would have grown about one inch. So don't worry, the elf didn't want you any harm."
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hengist found his little companion at the stable door, sweating and muttering over some odd-shaped bits of wire. The main lock remained defiantly unopened.

"I can do it, I can!" said Ranald defensively. "As sure as eggs I can!"

"Not today," said Hengist. "We're leaving. But I don't think it's back on the wagons again, my friend. We've met up with some other folk, indoors, adventuring types like us. And I think we're going with them, somewhere local. Be warned, though. One of them is an elf."

The dwarf began to clench and unclench his hands, rapidly. "Why, why are we going with an elf, then?" he stammered.

"Because the elf is the one with the information. Come one. Let's make sure they don't leave without us."

The pair gathered up their possessions from the trade wagons they had been travelling on, and prepared themselves for adventure.
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

The halfling Neirin comes out the door at this moment with elderly Tertullian close behind protesting "I was simply trying to prove a point about dangers of group think". Neirin gathers his pony and Tertullian's mule. They mount up (both ride bareback) and join Hengist and Ranald.

So I take it you're also part of this marvelous little adventure group? I must say, that is the quickest I have ever been kicked out of a tavern...also involving the least amount of fire, but that's beside the point. Neirin Nettelby, a pleasure to meet you sir dwarf.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Rowan follows the halfling and old man, pulling up his hood as he steps outside, and Faylen joins up with the rest of the group.

After everyone is ready Rowan will say Well, that could have gone better, but they'll lighten up when we bring back coin for their wares. Lead the way Faylen. We don't want to be swimming in our boots before we even get there.

With that Faylen adjusts her pack, and begins walking in the direction of the tower.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Let's say that Alphonse little speech didn't sound so credible so Bothan and him just fled from the angry crowd to join the rest of the party.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Said the halfling: Neirin Nettelby, a pleasure to meet you sir dwarf.

Ranald responded: "Pleased to meet me, are you, wot wot? You have a pony? And a mule? And the rest of us on foot, like. A fine thing, is a pony. Long time since I ate one."

It was clear at once that the dwarf was a little bit odd...

"Don't mind my friend," said Hengist calmly."Sometimes he can't help what comes out of his mouth. Your pack animals will be very handy, no doubt. Our group was travelling by wagon, you see, so we do not have any beasts ourselves."

This was all said as the group followed the strange elf and the deserter Rowan, through the rain, and out of the village.