1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Longman

Re: 1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

Post by Longman »

Seeing the entrance, Ranald ascended the rope again, as quietly as he could, to report to his companions.

Assuming he gets backs up safely:

"Tis a corridor, right so. Only a cave at the entrance, but after that, somebody dug right inside. And there's a path too, leading down to the shore. But you can't see any of that, from up here. It's all well hid. And to my eye, it looks like it's still being used. By them humanoids, maybe."

Hengist spoke out against entering the place by climbing. "Only the two of us are good climbers. The rest will struggle, and I can't see how it to our advantage anyway. We'd be better off going down to the shore and finding this path. What say you all?"

OOC - can we even get to the shore easily?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

From where you stand, you see no easy way to get down there. You haven't exactly scouted the area in detail though.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"That's doesn't look much practical as way of entering this place. I bets this is more of an escaoe way to this cave, let's scout the area, there is probably a more convenient entrance"
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

If there's a path from the shore it should be easy enough to get there, but we may have to go pretty far out of the way to get down there.

I vote we do it. Perhaps we might take them by surprise.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I would like to check out the shore before entering too.
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

After contimplating it for some time Neirin chimes in well, I have nothing more exiting to do at the moment. To the beach.
Longman

Post by Longman »

That's a call.

The party explored the area, trying to find a way down to the shore, or any other signs of a way in to the area beneath the old tower. The elf and halfling went somewhat in front of the rest of the party (90' OK guys?) and the group tried to remain quiet and alert to danger. Ranald near the rear kept his eye out for snares set by the humanoids, and the elf did likewise, up front.

OOC - if you don't like me calling like this, let me know. I'm just calling by character type at the moment.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't have a problem with your calling, except that you should write in present or future tense. Past tense is the province of the GM.

I'll deal with this tomorrow (or rather, later today since it's past midnight). Must sleep first.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Noted. Present tense it is.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Having no idea which way to go first, Faylen and Neiren had to resort to flipping a coin; as it came up tails, they proceeded south parallel to the cliff, working their way through the trees with the rest of the party a ways behind.

They found an animal trail which made the going easier, though it was muddy and slick. As they moved onward the going became steeper, necessitating that they hang on to the branches of the trees and brush through which the trail passed.

Suddenly Neiren's feet gave way beneath him, and he lost his grip, fell on his backside and began to slide down the trail feet-first; when it made a turn, he went straight, through the bushes beside the trail. Frantically he grabbed for anything that might bring him to a stop.

He finally did come to a stop, with his torso entangled in the brush and his feet treading only air. Surrounded by leaves and branches as he was, he could not see what was below him... he might be only inches above solid ground, or fifty feet above the rocky shoreline.