1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: 1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

Post by Solomoriah »

Clever_Munkey wrote:(OOC: What time of day is it again? Afternoon?)
Early afternoon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"And if we're attacked by monsters, I bet you will be the first, Ranald, to get behind the tall ones begging for help. Each one have his strenghts end weaknesses."
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

indeed. As the scriptures say, to one a certain gift is given, to another, another gift. Let each use thier gifts for the betterment of all. Tertullian begins to teach as if he were in a classroom full of seminary students.

Neirin rolls his eyes and says right mate. I'll go with the short people incase they need MY gifts. He pulls out his sling, giving a not indicating he would follow shortly behind and provide cover fire if the needed it.
Longman

Post by Longman »

OOC - this looks like a call of action so I'll say we do it....OK?

Ranald and Faylen are both moving silently down the path, checking for traps and potentially unstable areas. Ranald has his crossbow out. Neirin, also trying to move silently is a distance behind (30'), with his sling out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The adventurers found it necessary to proceed down the ravine trail single file, as it was quite narrow, with a drop of six or so feet to the rocky bottom on their left hand and the muddy wall of the ravine to the right. Very shortly that wall became too tall to even consider climbing, even for experienced climbers.

The path widened slightly as it reached the end of the ravine. It was obvious that a substantial rainstorm would result in a waterfall from the end, but the light rain of earlier had left only a rivulet running down to the seashore. But the path turned sharply out of sight to the right, following the bluff.

There seemed no way to determine if anything stood on the path around the corner other than for some brave soul to stretch his neck out and look...
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Hold on I've got this.

Faylen pulls out the small mirror from her pack, and slowly angles it so that she can see around the corner without exposing herself or her comrades.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Faylen's view was limited through the hand mirror, but she could plainly see that the narrow path along the bluff-face was unoccupied. It was little more than a ledge, but she could see signs that it had been expanded in places to make it passable.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Did I kill the game already???
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Looks clear ahead. Faylen then motions that they should keep moving forward, and will be checking around corners with the mirror, as she gets to them

OOC: You haven't killed it. Final exams are trying to choke me out right now though
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

(I didn't post because I thought it was time for the scout to check out what's going on.)