1st Chapter: The Adventure Begins

This forum is for playtesting Iron Falcon Adventures One, specifically (at the start anyway) the Abandoned Tower adventure.
JMatt85

Re: 1st Chapter: At the Blind Medusa

Post by JMatt85 »

Tertullian, would you please put the text down. We are here to find a group of adventures to join. I think there are some good prospects here.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Alphonse joins Hengist and Bothan.

"Have you look at that odd pair ? I bet they're adventurers too. Why would that old man would travel with that halfling otherwise ? I always find it funny when such small creatures think they can make great fighters. He looks like a kid playing "war" with his brother... how cute."

"Anyway, that man looks like he has some experience, it might proves us useful. If he insist on bringing the baby with him, he will be at least useful for distracting an ogre or two. Let's go talk to them !"

Alphonse and Bothan (and maybe Hengist ?) approach Neirin and Tertullian : "Greetings my friends. I am Alphonse and this man with me is Bothan. What brings you around here ?"

OOC : Now you have someone to prove yourself to Neirin. :D
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hengist leaves Bothan for a moment and approaches Rowan.

My friend, I recognize you from the battle at Sosil Plain. Ronan? Rowan? My name is Hengist. They called me Holdfast, but the truth was, I ran like hell when the cavalry failed us that day, so no one calls me that so much now. My friend over there is Bothan. He fought as well. I'm a halberdeer and he's a pikeman. We were both in the 5th column.

I'd say we all come out of it for the worst, that day. But what any of us may have done, right after that battle, well, that's his own business and none of the rest should be saying a word about it. Am I right?

Anyway, things have worked out all right for me since then. I've got a dwarf travelling with me now and he's one of the best lockpicks I've seen. And that fellow there with the purple robe is Alphonse, and he has real magic - he could put all of us into a coma, just with a word. I've seen him do it to a whole room of men. But he's honest enough, just so long as he's getting paid well.

We're all headed up to Sabien, to chase up some work there. Want to join us? It'd be a shame to have three pole-arms in one room, and not take advantage of the coincidence...
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Of course I will join you, I must repay my debt to Alphonse for his help earlier, and perhaps we might finally do some good with our spears.

Besides I think Faylen is starting to get restless in this town, though I'm not sure why. We haven't been here more than one day.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Longman

Post by Longman »

My dwarf friend is the same, replies Hengist, smiling. If he doesn't have something to keep his hands busy, he goes completely crazy.

So, Alphonse helped to free your wagon? I must have been asleep through that, I was on guard duty all last night. The roads are in a dismal state with all this rain, and even worse up on these moors. I'm looking forward to getting to Sabien.
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

Ah, you see my vertically challenged friend. The Divine provides. Gentlemen, I am Tertullian, and this is my companion Nerien Nettelby. I am an instructor of the divine revelation of God to mankind and champion of truth... and he shoots things with his little sling.

Nerien Nettelby look incredulously at Tertullian and speaks up for himself. He jumps up un the table so as to be eye to eye with the others: It's Neirin. Nettelby to my friends. I am a fighter and champion sling thrower from the [halfling lands]. I have come to seek glory and adventure.Now, if you folks could use a skilled fighter who can take down a wolf at 100 yards, I'm your man. And if not, then prepare to loose out on the treasure, 'cause you can bet you trousers I'll be getting there first!
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Alphonse answer to Neiron : "Nice sale pitch, I bet its not the first time you use it. With that convinction, I bet you could sell a book to my dumb friend Bothan, and he can't even read... Anyway, join us, you got me curious."
JMatt85

Post by JMatt85 »

Woo hoo! Nettelby exclaims, then, regaining his composure *cough* I mean, ummm...excellent. I look forward to traveling with you.

Do you gentlemen have any leads on potential quests? Tertullian asks as he rolls up his parchment and smooths out his clerical robes.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Let's ask the innkeeper, they generally gossip all day long. If there is something to do in this town, I'm sure he heard of it" says Bothan, while eating, his beard full of chicken grease.

He then yells. "INNKEEPER ! INNKEEPER ! COME HERE !"
Longman

Hengist talks

Post by Longman »

Bothan, be careful. Innkeepers have other reputations, besides gossip. Like keeping a battle axe behind the bar, or worse. Let's not make trouble we don't need...