[OOC] Autumnpeak

Metroknight's campaign featuring adventures from AA1 Adventure Anthology 1.

Moderator: Metroknight

Locked
User avatar
Metroknight
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Woe wrote: (OOC: I'm making up where she is on time. LMK if I'm wildly off in either direction, but I'm playing it as "inn is opening really soon.")
I'm leaving things open for players work with. At this time, the timeframe can be fluid. Just remember you have the talent show just before the midday meal also so I'm assuming you are skipping that round?
Woe wrote: Holding her (short? long?) bow up
I made sure I just said bow to let you as a player to decide which she is trained at. Shortbows are common hunting bow.
”Woe” wrote: (OOC: Looking at the EE, beer is 5cp so it won't be much more than a couple silver for the round, right?)
At the moment you say that there is about 15 people.
Knights of the Written Word 2 is group that is focused on text based gaming on roll20.
User avatar
mTeasdale
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 pm
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:54 pm

I really thought I would have some free time in the current/next weeks, but it doesn't seems so. I'll have to back out from the game for now, sorry for that.
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Metroknight wrote: I'm leaving things open for players work with. At this time, the timeframe can be fluid. Just remember you have the talent show just before the midday meal also so I'm assuming you are skipping that round?
Oh whoops! I thought (and totally neglected to mention it) that if there weren't afternoon slots, she'd ask about evening slots when people are into their cups. Otherwise, she'll ask about tomorrow. Or is the faire only one day?

If you'll allow it, I'll recon it back in because she definitely wants to sing.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
Metroknight
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:15 am

Woe wrote:
Metroknight wrote: I'm leaving things open for players work with. At this time, the timeframe can be fluid. Just remember you have the talent show just before the midday meal also so I'm assuming you are skipping that round?
Oh whoops! I thought (and totally neglected to mention it) that if there weren't afternoon slots, she'd ask about evening slots when people are into their cups. Otherwise, she'll ask about tomorrow. Or is the faire only one day?

If you'll allow it, I'll recon it back in because she definitely wants to sing.
The faire is 4 days long and the first day is just preliminary's mostly. You know, those that try out just for fun and have no talent get eliminated the first day but the serious competition happen on the second and third day of elimination.

The competitions wrap up just shortly before evening meals every day of the faire except the last day and the faire usually wraps up about midday on the last day.

Retconing is fine. Just post here about what you retconned and where so that people can go back and alter anything they need to also (which will be just me for now).
Knights of the Written Word 2 is group that is focused on text based gaming on roll20.
User avatar
Metroknight
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 am

Gerred's Stone Smash did not roll well

Metroknight rolls repeat 3 1d20+3 = 11; 7; 11 (8 + 3);(4 + 3);(8 + 3) #strenght check vs 17+
Knights of the Written Word 2 is group that is focused on text based gaming on roll20.
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 am

I'm curious on the talent show DC. Is that continually harder, like DC10 on day 1, DC15 on day 2, etc? I hope so, because I'd hate to be eliminated in round 1!
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
Metroknight
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:10 am

Woe wrote:I'm curious on the talent show DC. Is that continually harder, like DC10 on day 1, DC15 on day 2, etc? I hope so, because I'd hate to be eliminated in round 1!
The DC starts out at 13 for the first day, 15 second day, 17 third day, 19 on the finals. If it is acting or singing you add your charisma bonus, if it is a performance like juggling you would use your Dex bonus. The first day eliminates most of the low or no talents then it gets harder.

I added the info into the game description also.
Knights of the Written Word 2 is group that is focused on text based gaming on roll20.
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:19 am

She'll then look at the sun. Great! I have just enough time to sing before lunch. she thinks. She forces herself to walk to the stage, to not get winded. She'll look at the lute, decide against it for now, and settle for a tambourine to hold the beat. When it's her turn, she'll smile at judges and start with a local favorite, the Sounds of Autumn by Garmon and Syfunkel.

(reserved for future outcome)
If you want the lyrics, I can transmogrify some. Roll high! Like, use the special 2d100 dice! :D
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
Metroknight
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Alabama, USA
Contact:

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:43 am

Woe wrote:
She'll then look at the sun. Great! I have just enough time to sing before lunch. she thinks. She forces herself to walk to the stage, to not get winded. She'll look at the lute, decide against it for now, and settle for a tambourine to hold the beat. When it's her turn, she'll smile at judges and start with a local favorite, the Sounds of Autumn by Garmon and Syfunkel.

(reserved for future outcome)
If you want the lyrics, I can transmogrify some. Roll high! Like, use the special 2d100 dice! :D
Note needed. Just a simple description of her singing like you did.

The results are passable and you make it to the next day of rounds.
Metroknight rolls repeat 3 1d20+2 = 17; 20; 9 (15 + 2);(18 + 2);(7 + 2) #DC13 for judges reactions
Knights of the Written Word 2 is group that is focused on text based gaming on roll20.
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:22 am

Awesome! Here's the final text.

She'll then look at the sun. Great! I have just enough time to sing before lunch. she thinks. She forces herself to walk to the stage, to not get winded. She'll look at the lute, decide against it for now, and settle for a tambourine to hold the beat. When it's her turn, she'll smile at judges and start with a local favorite, the Sounds of Autumn by Garmon and Syfunkel. She knows it well, having sung it many times at the Broken Coin. The crowd loves it with their evening ales, and while it's not quite a morning song (at least outside of church), she knows she picked well when she sees them clapping with the beat of the tambourine and singing the refrain quietly. The song finishes quietly, and she holds her breath until the crowd starts cheering. As she comes offstage, she'll thank each of the judges personally. She'll also memorize the bard's garb and face, as she'll want to ask him later whether he has any advice for her in the next round.

After Enddom closes up shop, Tanya will need to do her duel and maybe, if she has time, go for a dive. I assume she can't win multiple bows, but can she win gold from multiple archery attempts?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Locked