[OOC] Autumnpeak

Metroknight's campaign featuring adventures from AA1 Adventure Anthology 1.

Moderator: Metroknight

Metroknight

Re: [OOC] A play by post game

Post by Metroknight »

Not sure if any of you noticed it yet but the IC thread is unlocked and open for play. I went ahead and stickied the thread so it would stay on top also.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I was rereading the characters for the game and have a few suggestions.

Woe, the only suggestion I have to make is editing her background slightly now. You are not clear where she is from. Is she from Autumnpeak, Pineford, Kingsholm, or an unlisted village? If from Autumnpeak, I have two taverns listed now.

Jw76, I would like if you could post your mentor/teacher/father in the NPC thread. Mostly a physical description and personality with a slight note about the location of his tower/your home. Also if you could do a slight edit in the second paragraph of second to last sentence for Pineford is a village not a town.

I would recommend a very slight change in the fourth paragraph, second sentence. You have "This marks the first time that Iloparin has been allowed to leave the tower in years." and I think it would work out better if it said "This marks the first time that Iloparin has been allowed to leave the town unchaperoned or unsupervised" or are you wanting to play a character that has no knowledge of how to interact in a social environment?

SerGavin, The only thing at this time that I have to request is can you post Durkoff to the NPC thread. Just his physical description and personality is needed but you can add other information if you feel like it.
Woe

Post by Woe »

She's lived in Autumnspeak for her entire uneventful life, and works at the Broken Coin. I'll flesh it out tonight and tomorrow.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe

Post by Woe »

What's the local view on religion? Is it monotheistic, Greek/Norse, Greyhawkian, BaldurGatian, or something homegrown? Tanya /might be/ interested in church for more than the singing opportunities.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Woe wrote:What's the local view on religion? Is it monotheistic, Greek/Norse, Greyhawkian, BaldurGatian, or something homegrown? Tanya /might be/ interested in church for more than the singing opportunities.
That I left open for the players opinion on. I have no problem with a monotheistic religion for humans combine with various pantheons for demi-humans or even racial based pantheons with the humans being more regionally. Norse/Greek in one section of the world (might be the unknown section but a section none the less) while Autumnpeak have a selection of Gods (say culled from Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms).

This aspect I'm open to what the players want. I mean if you all want to keep it simple, you could just lump whatever God your character wished to worship into a Pantheon of Good/Order and have a Pantheon of Evil/Chaos that has the mixtures of Evil deities and demons/devils.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Just to let everyone know that I do edit the title of posts to reflect where your character is at. This is to help keep track of character locations. You can do it also when you make your posts also. Like at the end of the post about Tanya she is at the archery range so that is what her post title reflects.

The easiest way to do this is just quote the post you are going to reply to and delete everything from the body (I assumed you all knew this) before typing your post.
Woe

[OOC] Autumnpeak

Post by Woe »

OOC: Not sure if you need more from me or if you're keeping me in suspense. If it's the former, she'll shoot for the bullseye. She has six shots. Maybe she'll win two bows? :) Not much chance (< 1%) of three bullseyes.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Metroknight

Re: [OOC] Autumnpeak

Post by Metroknight »

Woe wrote:Image

OOC: Not sure if you need more from me or if you're keeping me in suspense. If it's the former, she'll shoot for the bullseye. She has six shots. Maybe she'll win two bows? :) Not much chance (< 1%) of three bullseyes.
This is something that was not discussed. Some players like to roll while others do not. I have no preference in this game and JW had rolled for his post so it was an assumption on my part that it how you wanted to do it also.

She bought 10 shots not 6 shots. The archery is 5 arrows for 1 gold and you paid 2 gold. I rolled the 5 shots for the old man and just did a summary of his actions and results (he hit an outer ring but missed all the other shots (rolled 5 and less on all but one shot)

I also realized I had forgot to put in one specific rule on the archery and will be going over the rest of the booths also to be sure I got everything posted and not missed. The archery is limited to 1 attempt at a time which means for 1 gold you get 5 arrows then you go to the back of the line so that everyone gets a chance.

Oh, I pulled your OOC post out of the IC and tried to merge it into the OOC thread.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Oh (and double oh!). Please roll for me. I find that I am less unhappy when the DM rolls badly for me than when I roll badly for myself. I know, it's silly; but it's who I am. And yes, I did double-think it when I heard you rolled four out of five at less than 5 on a d20. You were using a d20, right? :P

Also, I thought for some reason the 1gp bought three arrows, not five. Bad reading on my part. Tanya, feeling like her chances for nailing three bullseyes have significantly improved (lol), is ready to try her luck. She'll try first with one round and if she does as badly as the old man, will go for a second round with a different bow.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Woe here is your rolls from rolz:

First set of arrows is all miss
Metroknight rolls repeat 5 1d20+2 = 10; 4; 8; 14; 12 (8 + 2);(2 + 2);(6 + 2);(12 + 2);(10 + 2) #to hit target at archery range

Second set of arrows has a bullseye and an outer ring.
Metroknight rolls repeat 5 1d20+2 = 9; 11; 22; 10; 19 (7 + 2);(9 + 2);(20 + 2);(8 + 2);(17 + 2) #to hit target at archery range

That means Tanya just scored 3 chits (each worth 5 crowns) that are redeemable at the money shed, 75xp, and a bow chit (she can redeem it at Karistol's Adventure Gear).