Chapter 5: All Aboard the Ark-Ari

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

mTeasdale

Re: Chapter 5: All Aboard the Ark-Ari

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali will flee and hide behind YC.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again. I'm on tour with my band this week. If needed, you can act for Jaali, Longman.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Phew - someone saved Coroban. I thought you guys were all just going to ignore that. :D

Rostam leaps into the water and casts around, looking for the vanished merchant's assistant. During this round, he cannot find him, but he can keep trying next round.

Jaali leaps back abord the boat which is being held still be Elias. This is successful.

YC, still in the boat, attacts growls of anger from the orcs. They seem uninterested in food but he might want to stop taking so many actions that rely on his Charisma! It's FIVE!

Maju talks in every language he knows, but to no avail. The orcs' captive is a mermaid, tied up. Maju also notices that near the captive, there is a green glass sphere.

I'm not sure if you guys all remember this, but it is exactly the same type of object that Maju saw in the mind of the ogre, when you cast ESP on him in the village of Sulan. The ogres were digging under an old building in the expectation of fiding a sphere like this one.

You also have heard about the maghical spheres when you interrogated some prisoners at the lake-side temple. This post might help:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1895&p=54466&hilit=sphere#p54449.

The point is, the orcs seem to have one of the spheres, and a tied up mermaid.

In the orcs turn, three more of them throw javelins - two at the monk, one at the halfling. All three miss. There are 13 orcs in all and they are all now at the ready, except for one guarding the mermaid.
quozl

Post by quozl »

YC throws down the food in disgust and dives into the water to help Rostam.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Rostam will stay in the water trying to get Coroban back into the boat.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju calls out to his companions, "We must recover that green sphere near the captive!"

OOC: How large is the ledge? I might want to try some magic here (i.e. continual darkness, or maybe a darkstone) to separate the orcs from the sphere in order to recover it. Depending on the size, I might just need to wow them into submission.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I thought I posted here a few days ago! Will have to fix this. It was quite a long post.
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK, finally getting around to this...

The ledge is about 200 feet in length and about 60 feet wide.

Rostam dives below and manages to grab the unconscious merchant's assistant and get him to the surface. It is not clear if he is alive or dead.

The monk swims over and helps with getting the man back aboard the boat.

Jaali takes an oar and assists with holding the boat steady. The waves have dropped down a bit, but you'd anticipate another higher set in a few minutes time.

Thechnically Maju still hasn't acted this round so he can now have two rounds, if he wishes. Everyone else may have one round.

The orcs have stopped attacking you. You think they might be wary of running out of javelins.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Once the man is back in the boat, YC will swim over to the ledge and climb up.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

If there seems to be a separation between the main party of orcs and the prisoner with the sphere, Maju will try to cast Hallucinatory Terrain from his scroll (30% chance of miscast) to make it appear that there is a pile/wall of boulders separating the orcs from the prisoner. Hopefully that will give YC (or someone else in the party who can swim) the opportunity to retrieve the sphere.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Rostam reenters the boat and checks for Coroban's health.
If the man is still alive, the paladin will cure 3 hp using his lay on hands ability.