Chapter 3: A Dangerous Detour

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

pinewood

Re: Chapter 3: A Dangerous Detour

Post by pinewood »

This was bad for a few reasons. Thanks for the corrections Longman and Woe.
Once Apinya reaches the sea-elf she rolls off the camel, drawing her pistol and cutlass.

I'm going to need two reasons to let you ever get off this beach.
Last edited by pinewood on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Saracen! I will not let you go!

YC tackles him again.

He then whispers to him: But I can help you if you let me know what's happening.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Longman wrote:Everyone else - you can all still see the dot flying in the sky. Those in Maju's group (Maju and Jaali) know what the familiar has said - it's a person, riding on a wooden bird. (See previous post).
If it appears to be an enemy, Maju will attempt to cast Charm Person if and when they get within 30'.
Longman

Post by Longman »

pinewood - i don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but you are not very close to the action just yet. The monk raced ahead. The camel is fast, the monk faster. Also, you are still about 3 or 4 miles from the beach, in the desert.

Yuan-Cheng - you miss the invisible sea-elf. He dodges your attempt to wrestle him. He still doesn't attack you.

"It's a bit late for that! I already sent my familiar with a message to warn Jab-Afri you were coming! Maybe if everyone had stopped cosying up to those natives who keep trying to kill me, this would have been all right!"

Rhialto hasn't posted so I am not sure what the figure to the north is doing. You can still see them there, I guess.

Maju - the figure is many hundreds of yards above you, so no chance of that spell attack or any other, at this stage. It seems to have started circling back around, maybe to get a better look at you.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Longman wrote:Maju - the figure is many hundreds of yards above you, so no chance of that spell attack or any other, at this stage. It seems to have started circling back around, maybe to get a better look at you.
Maju retrieves his small metal mirror, hurriedly polishing it against his sleeve to make sure it's clean. He then begins reflecting sunlight at the flying being.

OOC: Maju hopes this piques the flyer's curiosity which might cause it to descend low enough to get a better look, or maybe cast a spell...
Longman

Post by Longman »

Well, the flier has certainly seen you and is circling back around as you slowly advance forward on Kyo. From up there, he could probably see the whole group - including those on the camel, and the monk still further ahead.

He does descend a little lower as he wheels back around but you still can't make out very much, but your familiar tells you that he is male, and he is wearing goggles.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Saracen, did we not save you from Sonya? Have we not protected you all this time? And now you betray us? I will not let that happen.

Yuan-Cheng attacks Saracen with his magic staff.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Apinya shouts Siamese battle chants and odes to gold while approaching the beach.

For the glory! - Nah!
For the land! - Nah!
We thieves just need sea, gold and salty sea!
Woe

Post by Woe »

Longman, how far away/how many rounds are Kanya and Apinya from the action? I'm not sure where we are, other than somewhere between Maju+Jaali and YC.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

It's on!

The two combatants tie for initiative but the monk's greater dexterity wins out.

YC - I have decided you would try to use the staff as an extension of your martial arts powers. Your first attack lands a fine hit with the staff, which is a stunning strike even though the elf is invisible, and you feel it crack into his head.

The second attack is a miss. He is still invisible and you don't know exactly where he is but you suspect you may have stunned him.

You can attempt to beat him senseless with the staff...or grapple him further? I'd be careful with him, he's a sneaky fellow, and he is down, but not out.

Rhialto - you see the big human pull out a monkish staff weapon and smash crazily on the sand, several hundred yards to the north of you. He seems to be paying you no attention at all. The whole scene is very odd.

Everyone else - sorry to be a stickler, but a chase of this length with varying speeds has placed the camel at least 5 minutes behind the monk, and the dinosaur steed even more behind. So, this battle was always Yuan-Cheng's to fight, when he ran ahead of you all. And it looks like he is very much winning it, right now. Hopefully we can bring this all together quite soon.

quozl - I will edit your sheet soon with details on the staff in combat.