Chapter 2: The Land of Sulan

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

SerGavin

Re: Chapter 2: The Land of Sulan

Post by SerGavin »

And also the ships only qualified navigator. 8-)

DM Response: You can indeed be a good navigator, Saracen. But there are others, not least Jab-Afri himself. There must be another reason why he wants you to live. Normally when his crew-members die, he just thinks it's funny.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Just to stop you from thinking that I'm completely insane, Maju. Bees have a natural response to smoke as an instinctual defence against forest fire. The bees fear for the safety of the hive and it triggers a subconscious psychological mechanism that causes them to swiftly return to the hive and gorge themselves on honey to allow them to transport it to a new hive. the resulting sugar rush from eating so much sugar causes them to become subdued and slothful. When I was but a boy my family kept bees in the back garden, they stung sometimes but it was worth the pain for the honey they produced. Although the concept is sound, I am slightly nervous as, though this has been shown to work on bees, it is somewhat untested on giant bees.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Woe

Post by Woe »

10' pole is 1" in diameter? Imagine what that looks like to the rest of us: we are being swarmed by a dozen giant bees, and you're out there waving an oversized matchstick. :roll:
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe

Post by Woe »

If it's not too late to add, Kanyanwill pull out her stone of darkness. That should confuse the bees a bit.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju says to Saracen, "This time I think we should heed these natives. This should help." Maju casts Haste on himself, the Sea-Elf, and whomever else is within 80' and seems like they need it. He then says, "Let's go!", then runs at the pace of Saracen (assuming he runs too) in order to help defend him against the bees should they catch up. He's grown to like this individual, even though he is in league with the pirates.

OOC: At 100' the bees are just beyond the range of Sleep anyway.
Longman

Post by Longman »

That's a great idea. Only problem is, you already cast Haste today, when you met the small dinosaurs this morning. So, no can do.

Any other ideas?

PS - all I need right now is Maju's action for the end of round 1. Everyone else has already acted. Then we go to round 2.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Longman wrote:That's a great idea. Only problem is, you already cast Haste today, when you met the small dinosaurs this morning. So, no can do.
OOC: Oh. Somehow I thought we were in the next day. :?

RETCON: Maju says to Saracen, "I hope you're right. But something tells me these bees don't eat nectar from flowers." Maju will take cover as best he can behind a nearby tree - close enough to stay in the smoke and lend support if needed.
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK. That's the round done.

The woman on the camel (150 feet away) has gotten out her darkness stone at the end of the round. There is a 120 foot diameter circle of darkness around her.

At the end of round 1, the bees are 100 yards away. They are coming straight towards you and have clearly seen you.

Round 2.

The bees are swarming forward. They will move exactly 100 this round meaning they will be on you (Sar and Maj) in round 3, if you stay still. There are 10 of them, and it sounds like more behind, but that could just be because they are really loud. They are each about a foot long.

Your go.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Oops. I just thought of something silly.

Realizing that the camel can't see in the dark, Kanya puts her stone away for now.

"Faster, you fleabitten dump of fur!"

The camel continues to race forward at a speed safe enough for Kanya to stay atop it.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
quozl

Post by quozl »

Yuan-Cheng looks for any nearby streams. If he finds one, he calls out to the fools, "Hey, there's water here. Quick, dive in!"