Chapter 2: The Land of Sulan

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

quozl

Re: Chapter 2: The Land of Sulan

Post by quozl »

Crazy kung-fu action with a hasted monk and a talking sword!

Yuan-Cheng goes for the closest and swings his sword at their necks, looking to chop off the head. If he succeeds, he will leap to the next one and do the same thing.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju gives Teruk a reassuring look. He then draws his two pistols. With one of them, he takes aim, and fires.

OOC: Maju will fire at an already wounded dino (if possible), otherwise he'll fire at an un-injured dino.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Wait... I never intended to dismount. Can't I fight on camelback? Oh... I dismounted because I'm not on a war camel but on a terrified camel. Gotcha.

They are 40 yards away and charging, and likely gore us on the unmentioned horns when they arrive. Screw this cautious advancing crap. Kanya will charge into the horde of drakken. Crazy baseball action with a crazed priestess!

Kanya goes for the opposite side as Yuan-Cheng and swings for the bleachers. She has the same plan as the monk -- pummel one until dead, then move to the next.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali is attacking twice with his cutlass. Of possible, I would like to target the dinosaur Jaali just missed.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Magic missile! One at the one that saracen injured and one at the other injured one.
Maju, tell teruk and his men to use their spears to set against the dinosaurs charge!
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

SerGavin wrote:Maju, tell teruk and his men to use their spears to set against the dinosaurs charge!
Indeed, Maju nods to Saracen, then calls out in Salayan, "Teruk, have your warriors set their spears against the dinosaurs' charge - it will be most effective!"
Longman

Post by Longman »

Results of round 2.

Saracen's missiles fly at their different targets. Zap! Zap! He hits both, of course. One of his victims is then taken down when 5 villagers meet the creature with spears set against the its charge. The other has taken 7, and is now surrounded by those villagers. One of them takes a tiny injury (1hp) in the process.

Maju fires his pistol at the one on 7hp - it's a miss. He readies himself to fire the other pistol.

Meanwhile, the hasted party members go beserk among the newly arrived dinosaurs near to them. (None of them manage to hit twice as as the dinosaurs are pretty fast.)

Jaali attacks twice with his cutlass and does a 3rd dino 6 hp. His target falls over and leaves itself prone next round.

The pain priestess Kanya looks rather strange wading forward at high speed with her giant black flail held aloft. She scores a hit but inflicts only 4hp. Her victim misses her hopelessly, clanging its claws into her armor.

Yuan-Cheng is perhaps the most impressive, moving so fast he can hardly be seen, bringing the sword down for 8 hp on the 5th dinosaur. It misses him in reply. The sword cheers in delight.

Teruk and 2 of his men take on the last dinosaur with spears set against the charge. Teruk alone scores a hit, doing 10 hit points. One villager is bitten quite badly, for 5 hp. Teruk calls out:

Thanks for the advice, but we do know how to fight lizards!

There are 5 still standing and they make morale. They look hungry and too stupid to realise they are going to die. One is taking on 5 villagers, another one 3. The monk, the cleric and the thief are all in melee with one each. The two magic users are both free and slightly behind the main action.

It's your go. I'll wait a bit, then put some characters on automatic, because their actions are pretty obvious. I'd like to know what the mage and fighter-mage are doing, though. Casting more, or just letting the fighters do their job?

PS - Woe, sorry, I misread you. I thought you were 'shooing' it so it wouldn't get eaten. You could have backed the camel up and maybe cast some spells from 50 yards away. But you certainly couldn't fight on it. It's not a war camel. It's a pain in the backside camel.

Maju - you are at -4, firing into a melee, with your groovy match-lock pistols. I hope you know that.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

The Drakkens having closed the distance, Saracen draws his scimitar and charges into the fray to support Kanya striking at her opponent.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali is attacking twice with his cutlass again.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Yuan-Cheng will finish off his lizard then leap over to protect villagers.

P.S. Just to make sure, Yuan'Cheng's sword does 1d10+4 (+2 for Strength and +2 for monks with melee weapons).

DM response: Yep. You rolled a 4. I worked it out manually. As I have just noted in Chit Chat thread, it would help if you could all chart all your weapons in the way Jaali has done, so I don't have to calculate every time. Cheers.