Chapter 1: After the Storm

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

MevlyTM

Re: Chapter 1: After the Storm

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju walks up to the great carcass and says, "It appears that we will eat well tonight." He looked around warily; satisfied, he stows his pistol. He then says, "We need to find a suitable camp location." Leaning his head, Maju whispers to Taku to take flight to find a nearby location to make camp at. With that, he pulls out his dagger and attempts to help carving meat from the beast, being careful to collect small scraps for his Falcon.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Finding a camp is an easy matter and you make a good one that first night, with the help of the falcon, although the mosquitoes do drive you all quite insane.

The dinosaur tastes like a cross between chicken and fish. Lose no rations for the day, unless you abstain from eating it for personal reasons.

The next day it's also warm and humid and rains on and off.

You continue through the jungle as planned, and make good progress.
Nothing much happens this day unless you actively go around chasing creatures. The ranger spots plenty of tracks - dinosaur of various kinds, but no humans.

You have reached the foothills of the mountains as you reach nightfall. The mountain in front of you is about 5000 feet. You can climb it tomorrow.

mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali will make sure to repair his pistols before the night.

"I didn't know I would eat some giant lizards when I took that boat. Did anybody of you heard from this kind of creature before ? Anyway, it tastes good, that's all that matters I guess."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Another campout at night? Did we find a running stream?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

You have found plenty of smaller running streams, so water is not an issue. You must have lit a fire last night, otherwise you would have been eating raw dinosaur. Not discussed so far, if you have lit one this evening.

You are actually only about 12 miles from the beach. It feels a lot further.

PS - there are plenty of legends, in both China and the Arabic countries, of dragons. But they were much always much more intelligent than the creature you shot and killed last night, which was very obviously an animal.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju realizes that his typical spell-set will not serve him well in this place. Furthermore, it seems that those in the group he's with have seen through his attempt to conceal his identity as a Magic-User. So overnight he spends some time in his bivouac with his spell book (and one of his light-stones to read by), and memorizes some different spells.

OOC: I've adjusted this in my character sheet. Maju's spell-set is now: 1st - Detect Magic, Magic Missle x2, Sleep; 2nd - Continual Light, Web; 3rd- Haste.
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Looks like tomorrow is going to be a grueling hike. Be sure to sleep well, everyone." Sonja will find a tree with a small gap in the roots for her and Jericco to sleep within. Jericco will take the outside, and Sonja will be deeper within the roots.

Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

After memorizing his new spells, Maju walks over to Maroo the priestess. Smiling, he makes sure that she has everything she needs.

Maju then decides to turn in for the night. Listening to the night–song of the jungle, he sends Taku to a branch above his bed, instructing her to be careful for her own safety above all, to keep watch over the group as they sleep, and to wake Maju if anything seems amiss. He then reassures his falcon that she will be able to get rest during their next day's journey.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Just a quick note - Maroo isn't here. She stayed on the beach.

Otherwise, all good. I'll wait for any more RP posts and then update later about what happens overnight.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Yuan-Cheng volunteers for first watch. Do we want to make a watch order?