Base Camp (Chit Chat)

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

Longman

Re: Base Camp (Chit Chat)

Post by Longman »

yeah we are using the equipment emporium. go ahead with the studs. character looks good.

SER GAVIN - no, you cannot discharge both barrels of a turnover pistol at once, You fire it and it it turns over and then you fire it again next round. simples.

please ask all questions here and keep the other threads for their main purposes.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Character posted in the character thread, I just need to add name, description and background.

I know gems are not in the equipment emporium, but it is there for background reasons. If you prefer not to allow it, I'll try to adapt my background and equipement. Let me know !
Woe

Post by Woe »

I can never remember how dual wielding penalties work. It starts -6/-10, the +4 BAB would make it -2/-6, using small weapons (cutlass) would make it 0/-4, and then the DEX 17 bonus would finalize it as +2/-2? That'd be down from a single attack at +6?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

Bad news champ. There is no rules for dual wielding in the core rules. Which means, I'm not running with it. I am trying to run BF Core as much as possible in this game.

PS - MTeasdale. as far as I am concerned the gems are just the form you have your spare money in. I have no objection to that.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Ok. Math is hard anyway. :) defending dagger is ok?
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

you mean, using a dagger to add +1 to your AC? Is it in the core rules? If so, you can use it.
Woe

Post by Woe »

It's in the equipment emplorium:

Defending Daggers follow the same basic [dagger] design, but incorporate additional features to help catch or defend against other blades – An extended or upturned crossguard, basket hilt, bell guard, or forks or tines. When used defensively (including as an off-hand weapon, see Combat Options), this weapon is treated as a Buckler against swords and daggers only. Defending Daggers will rarely be balanced for throwing. The main-gauche and “bladed” sai are two examples.

I like the idea of a swashbuckling buccaneer. The defending dagger is worse than a buckler, so it's pretty much just for vanity (or if you prefer, "color"). :)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK, if it's in EE, I'll allow a 1 point AC bonus against swords and daggers. Apart from that we are not using combat options per se.

I like the idea of a swashbuckler too.
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK. We now have 3 characters - monk, ranger, and thief, all good. I will wait a few days for Ser Gavin and MevlyTM to post and if they haven't done so, we can start in a play thread and they can catch up. Maybe the mages stayed behind while the fighters / tough guys went and had a look in the jungle off the beach?

I think we very much need a cleric so I will be making an NPC cleric soon.

Quozl - nice character. I will ponder magic items for you, given the Great Way restrictions on those. Maybe a magic two-handed sword plus some potions (you are allowed 3.) Sound OK?
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I'll finish my character on Tuesday if that's ok with you Longman, i'm working tomorrow and I'm DM'ing a game in the evening. I should be ready to play Tuesday afternoon !