Base Camp (Chit Chat)

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

Longman

Re: Base Camp (Chit Chat)

Post by Longman »

All good! Like the character, an unusual choice.

Your backstory is posted. You may not know anything about what's been happening in the jungle where the party went - but you do know a lot about what has been happening on the beach.
Woe

Post by Woe »

If we're realigning the party as anti-pirate, can I swap back to Sonja? Kanya can ride off on Dungbreath into the sunset, Apinya can either defect or reroll, and we can be a more "good" party than what we started with -- especially with a paladin around too.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

That's a good idea.

I have only one misgiving - I actually know what happened to Sonja, according to the random encounter tables, and...it might preclude her from showing up and rejoining you. :twisted:

But if you'd really like, I can waive that, and you can have her back again. She also has 32,000 exp and she has been hiding out in the desert for a long time.

pinewood - that would leave you as the last remaining pirate PC. The camel you are on is suddenly spurred forward by Kanya, who has decided to ditch the party and head back to the beach.

The question is, do you stay as Apinya and jump off the camel, defecting to the good guys (the party)? Or do you want to take another character?

Sorry this is a bit weird and bumpy at this point. I think we can get it ironed out pretty soon.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

I'd be perfectly okay with re-rolling. It would be easier to role-play that way too.
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK, no problem.

You have run away with the Paladin. Please be "good" - not that BF has alignments, but you know what I mean. Follow the character generation instructions and give yourself 32 thousand exp.

I am going to start a new chapter soon.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Longman wrote:All good! Like the character, an unusual choice.

Your backstory is posted. You may not know anything about what's been happening in the jungle where the party went - but you do know a lot about what has been happening on the beach.
Thanks. I changed the backstory in the character description a little to give Rostam a reason to take passage to Salaya. I had not realized that the ship had already left Siam when the mutiny occurred.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Longman wrote:That's a good idea.

I have only one misgiving - I actually know what happened to Sonja, according to the random encounter tables, and...it might preclude her from showing up and rejoining you. :twisted:
Haha. Up to you. I did like Sonja's background and I am having fun with playing rangers/scouts elsewhere. If she's managed to make a hot air balloon and escape back to Persia, good for her!
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

I apologise if the background on my new character went too long, I didn't realize how much I'd written until I was done, and didn't have the heart to cut it.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Woe wrote:
Longman wrote:That's a good idea.

Haha. Up to you. I did like Sonja's background and I am having fun with playing rangers/scouts elsewhere. If she's managed to make a hot air balloon and escape back to Persia, good for her!
I decided it's better to keep her. Adding a third new character at this stage would be a bit much. She's yours.
Longman

Post by Longman »

pinewood wrote:I apologise if the background on my new character went too long, I didn't realize how much I'd written until I was done, and didn't have the heart to cut it.
That's no problem about the backstory.

There is another issue. You have just escaped from captivity and do not have any gear on you, at all. All your stuff is with the pirates.

Read Rostam's background (in the Campaign Background thread, page 2.) You escaped with him. So the same things as applies to him, apply to you as well.

I didn't explain that directly to you before you rolled up, but it's the case.

I'll give you a break and say your reaching hand holy symbol has been hidden on your person the whole time without discovery. But everything else is not with you.

Maybe that will give you a good reason to take on the pirates?

Your other option is to convince the party to run away because you are pretty sure they are going to find you here...