Chapter 1 - There's Adventure in Them Hills!

Moderator: arcbolt21

Longman

Re: Chapter 1 - There's Adventure in Them Hills!

Post by Longman »

(Agreed)
quozl

Post by quozl »

(Yep, agreed.)
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

(Agreed)
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Mint

Post by Mint »

(I agree)
Woe

Post by Woe »

As long as it's warmer than bundling into my cloak near a tree.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

After thanking the Ilfers, the party heads to the inn and rests, the night passing quietly. As the morning sun rises, a low fog blankets the region as purple finches begin to warble in the near distance.

As the sun begins the hard effort to warm the grass and get rid of the dew, several townsfolk are already up, mostly farmers off to tend to a nearby field.

As the party gathers in the main room of the inn, Shagira is up and cooking a hot and thick batch of oatmeal. "Off to go explorin'? Here, have some of this, it'll put meat on them bones you all got."

Ladling out some portions into large bowls, she hands them to the party. "Whatcha think you'll find? Heard talk of beasties and such from the mayor and others."
Mint

Post by Mint »

Risha takes one of the bowls handed out and, with a nod, heads to one of the tables and begins eating in silence.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Telros grabs a bowl and sits next to Risha.

"Hey, what's up? You've been keeping your distance a lot lately."
Mint

Post by Mint »

"Up? Nothing really. I just think it's a bad start to a life of adventuring for fun and profit by doing people favors for nothing. About the only thing we're getting out of this town that we couldn't have gotten by just listening around is a discount. You will note that people too poor to pay for protection in times of need are more common than leaves on the ground in a forest in autumn. We do have expenses you know. Food, lodging, new armor and weapons when needed, healing...the list goes on. What's to guarantee there is anything at all in those mines up there and what will we lose exploring them?"

Risha shakes her head looking up at Telros, "It's just bad business all around."
quozl

Post by quozl »

"Here's what I'm thinking: We scout it out. If it's just something small, we take care of it and we look like heroes. Then the next time something comes up, we're in better bargaining position. But if it's big, that's bargaining power too. We come back and ask for gold and resources up front. We organize a militia and not only are we heroes but we're leaders too. After that, the world is our oyster.

Or I don't know. Maybe I'm just dreaming big. I just got to do something. I'm going crazy just doing the same thing my whole life."