Chapter 1 - There's Adventure in Them Hills!

Moderator: arcbolt21

Woe

Re: Chapter 1 - There's Adventure in Them Hills!

Post by Woe »

With Darfin 'distracting' the older man, Sera will pretend to admire some of the handiwork and make her way over to the two young men. Once there, she'll start up a similar line of questioning with these two.

I suspect two young men will be a bit more open with a cute elf. I'm also assuming this will be a three-way conversation, but will put in "her parts" now so you get the idea of the flavor. She'll also "wander" out of earshot of the older Ilfer if possible.

"Hi boys. I'm Sera. Me and my friends are just passing through, heading farther up north. Do you hunt these animals yourselves? I can't tell the type, is it elk? I imagine there are all sorts of bears and wolves out there in the wilderness... or maybe even worse things. You boys must be really brave."

And eventually, they will hopefully open up and discuss more about the lizardmen.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Leather boots kicking up small clouds of dust that swirl around his feet and his knee length dun leather duster coat accompanied by a deep red cloak, with his hat cocked at a jaunty angle. a long gently curved bow slung around his shoulder, a shield at his back and a sword to his side. the cloaked figure stalks up the street towards the group of elves. to him, washed in hues of red and orange by the setting sun. Sticking to the edge of the road in the long shadows cast by buildings and tipping his hat both to hide his face and in places to ward off the solar glare he stops abruptly opposite them, back to the sunset, and silently listens to the conversation looking over the strange company with an appraising eye.

After seemingly satisfying his curiosity. Promptly he approaches them, his whole demeanor changing, walking up he greets them cheerily. "Sorry I'm late, got a bit sidetracked and i walk a bit slower than you folks. Whats going on then? I fear I've missed a fair bit."
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
quozl

Post by quozl »

Telros greets Sirius. "Glad you could make it. The mayor's had reports of orc sightings and the Ilfers here have said they've seen lizardmen. This could be the chance we've been looking for to make a name for ourselves."
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

"Excellent, do we know the whereabouts of these creatures? I'm itching for a good fight."
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Longman

Post by Longman »

"That's what we're trying to find out from these Ilfer fellows. So, Mr Ilfer, if you could give us any basic information - especially about the location - we'll look into it in the morning."

Queue info dump.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Mr. Ilfer looks at the elves and stands up, shaking his head slightly before approaching Darfin. "Ain't me, it's my boys over... Well, it looks like they are jawing it up now."

As Sera approaches, one of the young men continues to work but the other turns and smiles at her. "Well, miss, we do hunt them. And this here is indeed an elk. We keep most of it, food and hides are good business here. We also go for rabbits and near anything else we can get with our bows." At the mention of bravery, he blushes a little. "I, uh, don't know much about that. We do our best and we have taken down mountain lions and a few bears. Just have to know how to do it is all. Oh, I'm Ash and this is my brother Edmond. And heading north? Ain't nothing up their but trouble. Edmond and I, when we were bringing the elk back saw a few lizardmen. Never seen one myself before, but no other thing they could be. Maybe 3 or 4 of them. So be careful up there, okay?"

Edmond, finally standing up as he hears Darfin's request for info walks past his brother who appears to be trying to show off to this elf maiden. As he approaches Darfin, he wipes his hands off with a leather apron he's wearing. "You have a map? Ain't seen one since Ol' Quinn pulled one out a few years back. Let's see..." He studies it for a short bit before nodding. Pointing at a small crescent-shaped lake he looks up at Darfin. "We took the elk we're working on down there. We were taking the path on that map south back to town. They were a little ways west of that, some rugged hills areas. Not sure how far south. Three, maybe four miles."
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Lizardmen! How scary, especially so close to town. Were they hunting like you, or was it an actual warband?"

"Wow, Ash! You have such an exciting life. How did you ever chase them away?"

What she's probing for is how they were armed, whether they were hunters or scouts or warriors or a family of four on a summer vacation, etc.

Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

"I see the crescent shaped lake you mean. Tell me, what is that ruin near the main road north from here, about five miles south of the first road junction?"

To his comrades, Darfin says:

"See the area map? That first ruin looks like it's about 14-15 miles away. That's a good target for the first day - if the Ilfer's think it is safe. I think we should investigate that, then keep going the next day, and turn to the east down the side road, to where the saw the lizard-men. What say you all?"

(A day's travel at move 30 will get us 18 miles on a road. 14 miles should leave us a bit of time to explore the ruin in the afternoon).
quozl

Post by quozl »

Telros agrees with Darfin.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

A slight blush crosses Ash's face before he puts his hands on his hips. "It wasn't much. Me and my brother know the land up around there fairly well. As a warhand? I don't know. But if the Daagen's say they saw some other monsters up North, may well have been. But they had swords I think. Main reason me and my brother left, we only had a few arrows left."

(lol, pokemon...)
~~~

Edmond looks at the map and frowns. "That's an old keep, most of it's busted down. overran with vines but little else. Place's been falling apart since the fall of the old Empire, I think. Me and Ash used to run out to it and play soldiers, but ever since one of the walls collapsed we ain't been back since."

~~~

If the party is in agreement, shall we say you all head to inn and rest for the next day?