Chapter 1 - There's Adventure in Them Hills!

Moderator: arcbolt21

Longman

Re: Chapter 1 - There's Adventure in Them Hills!

Post by Longman »

"Can I trouble you for a copy of that map? It seems as though it, and the accompanying directions, need some updating! Perhaps if we could agree that our priority is finding the mine, rather than simply killing these orcs? I'd be willing to do that, if my kin agree."
quozl

Post by quozl »

"Lizardmen, huh? They take anything? I wouldn't mind meeting up with this Ilfer boy. Looks like the mayor's looking for monster hunters and me and my kin might be applying for the job."

He sticks out his hand.

"The name's Telros. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Taking Telros's hand, the first man shakes it firmly. "Keegan Westyr. This..." He points to the other man. "...Is my little brother Marc." Marc also shakes Telros's hand, giving him a nod as well before Keegan speaks up again.

"Well, the Ilfer's said they say them up near some of the farms. Bound to have taken some stuff from them. But if there's bandits, there may even be fighting up around there. Lizardmen fighting bandits, sounds like a tale Ol' Quinn would tell!" Both men laugh deeply as Keegan tells his odd joke.

~~~

The mayor looks at Darfin and nods. "I'll let you have it. about the only thing it shows is some of the trails and such. Sadly not most, even. I really should get around to getting it updated." Pulling a map ((will be added to the Treasure and Quests page shortly)), he hands it to them.

"If you do find the mines, go ahead and mark them on the map. Might help the town get the new stone wall up. Heck, might even be able to get some new equipment from the Duke for the militia!"
quozl

Post by quozl »

"Thanks, Keegan. Thanks, Marc. Could you give me directions to the Ilfers? It'd be worth a few copper to me."
Longman

Post by Longman »

Darfin quickly studies and copies the map, and later makes a back up copy as well.

'I propose we head out that way in the morning and see what we can find,' he says to the rest of his comrades. 'We seem to be under no obligation here. Let's just have a looksee.'

OOC - File under "famous last words"
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Looking at Telros, Marc grins. "The Ilfer's live right up next to the east gate over thataways." He points towards the east gate (viewable on the map in Treasures and Quests thread, area 28 on the town map).

"And we don't need no coin, good elf. But if you could buy us two a beer later, that'd be appreciated. You'll find us at the Full Tankard most nights."
Mint

Post by Mint »

"Of course we aren't under any obligation! They aren't paying us anything and we're doing them a favor. It's always the same story. Security costs too much...until people start dying. And then they want their security free. Far as they're concerned if we get rid of their problem then good. If we die, well they're no worse off then they were before. Bah. And who is it who's going to be doing the swinging I ask you? The wading into the thick of things? Me. There better be decent loot up there is all I have to say." Risha shakes her head, frowning.
quozl

Post by quozl »

"Thank you so much! I will definitely get you drinks at the Tankard tonight!"

Telros runs back to the front of the mayor's office to reunite with his friends.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Risha, having made her views amply known, steps outside the rudely made edifice and takes in the view of the town with obvious distaste.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

((Alright, you all have your starting quest more-or-less. Sounds like you all will be heading out at daylight. What would you all like to do the remainder of the day and night? There are a number of small shops and two taverns (one doubling as an inn). ))