Adventures in the North March

Moderator: arcbolt21

Woe

Re: Adventures in the North March

Post by Woe »

Looks like I will take the cleric role then. Now I just have to envision an eleven cleric and not a crusty dwarf.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe

Post by Woe »

Arcbolt, which file is Backgrounds and Skills?
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

I'll stick with Elvish Magic User called 'Darfin', which means Red Fire. His real name is something unpronounceable. He will specialize in fire spells to the extent that the rules will allow it. He is brilliant but young and unusually reckless for an elf. He is looking for money, pure and simple, because he wants to fund the construction of a prototype combustion engine allowing mechanical transport. He already knows several other party members from the elvish homeland.

I do not get how we are actually using the Quick Character generation supplement. I've just used the stats you provided:

Str - 12
Int - 16
Wis - 8
Dex - 14
Con - 10
Cha - 13

HP 4
AC 12 (No armor, dex +1)
walking staff (+1 to hit, 1d4 damage)
daggers, 2, for throwng (+2 to hit, 1d4 damage)

Background Skill - engineer / designer.

That's as far as I can get. I have questions on spells before I make the rest of the character, including equipment.

Are you using the '0-level Spells' formula for working out the number of cantrips per day (I'd know all of them but cast 2/day), or the one in 'Libram Magica' (I;d know 3, but be able to cast about 4/day)?

Are you using the house rule that spell-casters get their primary stat modifier in extra 1st level spells per day? Most GMs do this, some don't. (That would mean I got 3 1st level spells instead of 1.)

Are you using any aspect of the Magic User Options supplement (arcane bolt, liberal casting, etc). I know it isn't listed, I'm just checking.

Can I pick my own 0 and 1st level spells, or are you doing that?

Cheers,

Steve.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Here's what I'm thinking so far

Name: Branwen

STR 13
INT 8
WIS 16
DEX 12
CON 14
CHA 10

HP 7
AC 16 (studded leather armor, shield)
Background skill: Herbalist

Weapons: morningstar, sling
Other stuff: hunting dog
Orisons: 3/day

Any chance she could use a shortbow instead of a sling? I'm struggling a bit with the "elf not able to use a bow" thing.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Woe wrote:Arcbolt, which file is Backgrounds and Skills?
See - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=72#p908
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Alright, we have 2 characters so far!

@Lingman - The generator I was saying one coyld use was for generating a background. I'm used to my players not really doing more than just "I'm a dwarf from the hills who uses a hammer" as a background.

@Woe - You're cleric may use a short bow. I agree that an elf nor being able to use a bow is luke a dwarf without a beard. Also, what gender is your character and do you have any sort of backstory?
Woe

Post by Woe »

Branwen is female. Not sure of the background yet. Outdoorsy wilderness cleric not often in elven communities.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Longman wrote:Are you using the '0-level Spells' formula for working out the number of cantrips per day (I'd know all of them but cast 2/day), or the one in 'Libram Magica' (I;d know 3, but be able to cast about 4/day)?

Are you using the house rule that spell-casters get their primary stat modifier in extra 1st level spells per day? Most GMs do this, some don't. (That would mean I got 3 1st level spells instead of 1.)

Are you using any aspect of the Magic User Options supplement (arcane bolt, liberal casting, etc). I know it isn't listed, I'm just checking.

Can I pick my own 0 and 1st level spells, or are you doing that?
1 - From Libram Magica
2 - Yes, Prime Requisite stat bonuses for extra spells is a thing.
3 - I contemplated it but decided against using the Magic Users Options since I'm allowing the things listed above.
4 - You may for 0 and may pick two for your 1's, but I'll randomly roll your last one to keep things interesting!
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Woe wrote:Branwen is female. Not sure of the background yet. Outdoorsy wilderness cleric not often in elven communities.
You can build off that easily enough. A travelling Elven cleric is sort of an oddity!
Mint

Post by Mint »

I figure it doesn't hurt to ask so here goes. Can we take the 73 points the given stat numbers add up to and distribute them as we see fit instead? Would give us a bit more leeway in designing characters to our tastes.

My elven fighter would be female, rather hard bitten (especially for an elf), a bit ascetic, and not given to much subtlety. To her, anyone not a fighter is a wet behind the ears ninny who doesn't really belong on an adventure and are more trouble than they're worth as she'll probably have to stand between them and danger. She manages, most of the time, not to let this attitude show. Much.