Adventures in the North March

Moderator: arcbolt21

arcbolt21

Adventures in the North March

Post by arcbolt21 »

Alright, this is my official start thread for the PBP hereby dubbed The Adventures in the North March. I'll be running The Chaotic Caves with a few small adjustments to bring into being the beginning of a longer campaign.

For those interested, I'm looking for five brave adventurers. The following resources are available with a few caveats:
Core Rulebook
0-Level Spells
Barbarians
Druids
Equipment Emporium
Half-Humans (No Half-Ogres)
New Spells
Quick Character Generation (Do not use the stat-roller, explanation shortly, nor the starting equipment lists, also explained shortly)
Rangers and Paladins
From the Showcase page - Libram Magica
From the Workshop - Backgrounds and Skills (Only for the special rules for classes)

The adventure begins in the North March of the Kingdom of Cadair. The town is called Northford. Dwarves in the game hail from the Dwarf Hold of Trifanik to the West, Elves from the small Kingdom of Myvana ti the East and Halflings from Cadair's Midscir Land to the South a small ways.

Cadair is a small semi-feudal kingdom that has seen peace under the recent line of Kings and Queens. As all Human lands on the continent it is a member of the Church of the Illuminated, though small pockets of non-worshippers exist amongst the Humans. Elves and Dwarves tend to revere their own small pantheons and Halflings tend to just fall into worship of those around them.

Some guidelines: All characters will use an array of stats (16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8). There will be no racial restrictions for class but if you play an odd combo your character will be treated like a major oddity. The only cross-class is fighter/magic-user available to Elves, Half-Elves and Humans as well as magic-user/thief for Halflings. Starting wealth is 75 GP.

I also want a minimum of 1 post/day, 2 if a combat is going on. And I will be rolling for attacks/damage/saves and etc. to speed things along.

If you wish to join, please post here and give character ideas (but not writeups) here, please.
Last edited by arcbolt21 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mint

Re: Adventures in the North March

Post by Mint »

I'd like to play an elven fighter.
Woe

Post by Woe »

(changed my answer)

I'll play a barbarian, a paladin, a ranger, a scout, or a cleric. Whatever the group wants; any of the above sounds fun.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

So we have an Elven Fighter (Mint) and a possible Barbarian/Cleric/Paladin/Ranger (since I don't allow the Scout supplement, sorry). I would like something a little more concrete than that though, but it'll suffice for now I guess. :P
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

I would like to play an elven paladin.
Or I wouldn't mind a wizard of any species.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Elves are starting to become pretty popular!
Woe

Post by Woe »

arcbolt21 wrote:I would like something a little more concrete than that though, but it'll suffice for now I guess. :P
Originally I was going to play a human paladin or a dwarven paladin, but both of those met untimely ends when I played them here on the forums. I was thinking about that on the drive to work today... I wonder if the paladins are cursed in the BFRPG forums. That got me thinking what else I'd be willing to play: elven or half-elven barbarian, elven or half-elven ranger, elven or half-elven scout*, or a short, cranky dwarven cleric. I finished the thought with, "I can play any of those; I wonder what the party will need most." and that's where I left it. Whatever you want. Just don't ask me to be an illusionist. I never could wrap my head around that class.

Untimely in the sense that the first one was paralyzed for two or three months; and the second adventure stopped abruptly once it started getting good. They didn't die -- more like, their adventures ceased.

* no worries about the scout. I forgot it wasn't mentioned. The supplement is a bit OP; Longman and I have been experimenting with a variant that feels a lot more balanced but we've never bothered submitting it. Yet.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

It's fine, Woe. I still would prefer if people stated one race and one class though since if everyone goes around saying they can play whatever no one will really settle on one thing for ages.

So far we have:
Mint - Elven Fighter
Woe - Unknown race, leaning Barbarian/Cleric/Paladin/Ranger
Sir Gavin - Elven Paladin or some Magic-User

I think we're good on the fighter front, so someone able to cast spells and a Thief would be good, imho.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I'd love to play a magic user, happy to be an elf as well.

Keep us posted about when / where you want us to post our characters.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

We have four people now, so I guess hammering out the fine details would be good.

Go ahead and rough out you characters. I'll message Solomoriah soon to open a new forum section.