Errata (R53 and Later)

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Errata (R53 and Later)

Post Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 am

Hokay... completed my revisions for R56, but I'm not going to release it just yet.

In general I agree with you regarding languages, BUT, the rules here mimic the coverage target very closely; I'm not in position to change them "officially."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TPFox

Post Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:53 am

Solo, I'm glad to see my ideas bashed around - some accepted, some not - so that it would all come out as an even better version of a book you intended it to be. I don't have anything to add, but I wanted to make sure you added my more cut and dry suggested corrections in your working copy of r56. I'll list them here again, so you don't have to scroll through my large message again. They were:

Page 32 - Magic Missile
"This spell conjures a missile which is equivalent to a magic arrow, with a maximum range of 15". The arrow does 1d6+1 points of damage to any creature hit by it."

Change to: "The missile does 1d6+1 points of damage to any creature hit by it."

----

Page 40 - Speak with Plants
"...or to engate in any serious form of attack..."

I think this should be "engage."

---

Page 93 (2nd last paragraph) - "NPC parties will be equipped in a reasonable fashion, so excepting..."

Change "excepting" to "except"

---

Page 130 "The Tables below list the various Powers..."

Change: "below" to "that follow"

Page 131 "The Additional Features listed above..."

Change: "above" to "previously"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:19 am

Yes, I dealt with all of those. If nothing else shows up I'll release the working copy.
cbarchuk

Post Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 am

Chris, I would also clarify what weapons are considered two-handed or not. I realize this is up to the DM but the lack of clarity has come up a few times in games where players are arguing realism vs. fantasy. I've been assuming any ranged weapon and any melee weapon weighing 100 coins or higher are considered to be two-handed.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm

It's not that clear-cut. For example, a thrown spear is a one-handed weapon, but if used in melee may be two-handed. This is meant to be left to the referee.

For my purposes, I mostly follow the BFRPG definitions.