Iron Falcon adventure template?

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
chiisu81

Iron Falcon adventure template?

Post by chiisu81 »

Hi Solo, I was wondering if it'd be possible to get a LibreOffice Writer template for IF adventures. I can modify the BFRPG one, but I didn't know exactly how the OGL page should be, and I didn't know if the IF shield logo could be part of the title page (as it is Product Identity).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Iron Falcon adventure template?

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't really have one, actually. Let me muse on it a bit.

Are you working on something?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I may. Will already have a couple for the eventual start of AA3, and just thought I'd try my hand at working on something for IF rather than BFRPG...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

See how this looks to you.
Attachments
IF-Adventure-Template-r1.ott
(119.36 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Looks good :) I don't have the OSRIC2 Display font, can you send that to me?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Check your inbox.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok, so I wanted to start using the template. I can put in my text and all of that fine. However, I need to get the map images put in. So, I first create a new page style, with the same margins, etc. and set it to 1-column. At the end of the text, I go to insert a page break, with the Maps page style, and what do I get? 2 columns. :evil:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't associate columns with page formats; I highlight areas to be done in two columns, then set them up manually.

If you don't have a blank line/paragraph after the two column area, I probably screwed up... the thing to do is this:

With your cursor in the two column area, go to the Format menu and select Sections. Then, remove the section which is highlighted (it's the one the cursor is in). This will remove the two-column formatting entirely.

Add a blank line/paragraph after the last paragraph that is meant to be in the two column area, then highlight the area that's supposed to be two column and make it so again (Format, Columns, etc.), ensuring you have not included your new empty paragraph in the selection.

Yes, it's a pain. I try to always keep a blank paragraph floating at the end of every two-column section, so this doesn't happen to me... but it still does sometimes. Sometimes you have to delete that little bugger to fix the layout, and then if you need it later, well crap, there you go.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok I'll try that this morning after my meeting. I think that's what I did for my previous adventures; I pasted in all the text as 1 column, inserted a page break and put in the map images, and then finally highlighted the text and set it to 2 columns.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok that seems to have worked. It also worked on the BFRPG adventure template. I may need to start a "Working with LibreOffice" document to remember all of this stuff and share it.