Release 52 feedback

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
The Pilgrim

Release 52 feedback

Post by The Pilgrim »

I have some feedback for this release. If some of this was by design, please forgive me. I haven't been following all the development conversations.

Page 1 intro says this game is not meant for beginners so there is no what a role-playing game is or what the dice are. So why have an example of character creation on page 11?

On the dexterity table on page 3, why not add a bonus initiative column? So that way you can refer to that column instead of the missile attack column for initiative on page 15?

For turn undead on page 17. The first number pattern is 2,9,16,18,20 for cleric level 2. But then for level 3 it changes to 2,9,16,19,20. Was that by design or is the 18 or 19 incorrect?

That's it for now. I love this game. Nice job Chris!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Release 52 feedback

Post by Solomoriah »

The Pilgrim wrote:I have some feedback for this release. If some of this was by design, please forgive me. I haven't been following all the development conversations.

Page 1 intro says this game is not meant for beginners so there is no what a role-playing game is or what the dice are. So why have an example of character creation on page 11?
This is one of the most misunderstood parts of the game (yes, really). A step-by-step rundown cost me one page, and allowed me to clarify many things.
The Pilgrim wrote:On the dexterity table on page 3, why not add a bonus initiative column? So that way you can refer to that column instead of the missile attack column for initiative on page 15?
Tradition, mostly.
The Pilgrim wrote:For turn undead on page 17. The first number pattern is 2,9,16,18,20 for cleric level 2. But then for level 3 it changes to 2,9,16,19,20. Was that by design or is the 18 or 19 incorrect?
The table was built by mathematical methods, not as a straight advancement, and is meant to mimic without actually reproducing the "classic" advancement rate.
The Pilgrim wrote:That's it for now. I love this game. Nice job Chris!
Thanks! Glad you like it!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org