[IF} A noobish question, about Iron Falcon

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
LordHawk

[IF} A noobish question, about Iron Falcon

Post by LordHawk »

If I am reading this correct IF uses Thaco for hit rolls, rather than d20 used by Basic Fantasy?

Would it be possible to use old 1e AD&D modules in IF, without having to do any conversions?

Please forgive the noob questions, I just got back to using this site after a long break
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: [IF} A noobish question, about Iron Falcon

Post by Solomoriah »

THAC0 wasn't actually a "rule" per se until the 2E era, though some 1E-era works (not the rulebooks themselves) did use it.

Iron Falcon uses the combat table method, with a table that is comparable (but not identical) to the tables from the original game. Using 1E-era materials with IF should work at lower levels but higher level adventures might require some tinkering.

Honestly, you can use ascending AC adventures like those for BFRPG or Labyrinth Lord with 1E-like rules... just deduct the AC from 20 to get the AC for that purpose. The main issues still turn up at higher levels.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org