Iron Falcon Release Announcements

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
black1blade

Re: New Project: Iron Falcon

Post by black1blade »

It does look pretty cool (not a fan of some of the humanoids but those are just my silly tastes) but the lack of chain mail is =(
DuBeers

Post by DuBeers »

Nothing wrong with Chainmail, but even though it's in the rulebooks few people used it. Even the guy who put the Chainmail references into the rules (Gary Gygax) didn't use Chainmail (except for mass battles) to run his game.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Solo, if I understood correctly you are about to remove the level tittles right?

How about putting on the appendix a list of generic "titles" representing more a training status than a profession. Something like: Apprentice,Journeyman, Professional, Master, Grand Master.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll think about it. I don't think the game needs it though.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Iron Falcon Rules Release 20 -- February 28, 2015
The Special Weapons descriptions are now complete, a few more monsters have been detailed, and a few things that were problematic have been removed. Also, advice regarding Acquisition of Spells has been added to the Referee's Guide section.

http://ironfalconrpg.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

An aside of sorts... I was curious if any modern OGL-derived games had the Deck of Many Things, so I stopped in at that LGS I mentioned that I don't generally patronize to do some research. I was curious specifically about Pathfinder, a game I hadn't paid any attention to since the day it came out.

I looked through the books until I found the stack where the core rules were, and I reached up to grab one... and discovered it wasn't a stack, it was a book.

!!!!!!!

Egad.

So I flipped through it, determined that the Deck was not there (just the SRD's Deck of Illusions), and hefted it back onto the shelf.

How does a rulebook get that big? And if it's that big, why do you need other rulebooks with it? I mean, really, dude... what a monster.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I think it gets bigger and bigger by eating the souls of other game systems... wait, no, that's the standard d20 system XD
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Iron Falcon Rules Release 21 -- March 01, 2015
Information about spell books has been expanded and moved to the Referee's Guide section. A missing spell description for Silence, 15' Radius has been added, and the magic rings section is complete. Also detailed the Troll and made a couple of other minor changes.

http://ironfalconrpg.com
Vile

Post by Vile »

I also reluctantly abandoned level titles, and I don't think the game really suffers - they were used instead of levels when there were only 3 classes and a few levels, but once you get beyond that it's tricky to remember what title means which class and level.

That cover is a nice homage to Moldvay, as is mine, coincidentally 8-) :

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Heh. I asked for more than four adventurers, a dragon and some giant mushrooms. Al delivered. :D