Iron Falcon Release Announcements

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: New Project: Iron Falcon

Post by Solomoriah »

You are correct. There are no official modifiers for Wisdom in the rules of that era.

Other than the XP bonus for Clerics, of course.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Trashcan

Post by Trashcan »

Thank you for clarifying - and my apologies for thinking you might have overlooked an entire table.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Trashcan wrote:Thank you for clarifying - and my apologies for thinking you might have overlooked an entire table.
S'awright... I wouldn't put it past me.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The game is live on Lulu.com here: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/chrisgonnerman ! The game should be up on Amazon.com in the next day or so.

I just received the proof copy I ordered last week, which was R48 rather than the R49 that I just activated. I pulled it out of the box and marveled at the beautiful reproduction of Al Cook's cover art; then I held it up for my wife to admire. This put the back toward me, and I immediately saw an error.

Gah.

So I fixed up the back cover, uploaded new cover designs, and made it live. Since I'm trying to make my projects pay for themselves, I won't be able to order a hardback for myself until I make some sales. (I used proceeds from the RPG Primer to pay for the paperback.)

Anyway... thanks to everyone who offered advice on this project (even the complaints), and special thanks to Al Cook for the cover art and James Lemon for proofreading!
Trashcan

Post by Trashcan »

Glad to hear it. Congratulations on getting it into print. My order is lodged - nothing to do now but wait.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... and it appears you are the first to order the book! Thanks!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nice. I am hoping to grab a copy very soon. Cashflow is tight due to baby due June and my wife working so much less as she nears due date. But, nice thing about baby at home... we become effectively homebound (as a family) so our gaming frequency is likely to increase some.

I hope this becomes profitable for you so you can self-sustain your gaming efforts... means more stuff for everybody if you can. Huzzah!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Trashcan

Post by Trashcan »

Awesome. It appears there are benefits to being up late working at my computer.

It's small recompense for all that you've given to the community, but I am very pleased to be able to help you turn some profit on all of this work.

Very well done indeed.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Congrats! You just need to add a buy link on the IF page :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, I do. I'm about to activate the CreateSpace.com paperback version, which will in turn get the game on Amazon.com. Probably get the site updated in the next day or two.