Iron Falcon Release Announcements

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
chiisu81

Re: New Project: Iron Falcon

Post by chiisu81 »

Good catches; it's really shaping up, I'll look it over again but I think it's pretty close to print time. :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Heh. Actually, a minor issue was just discovered over on DF. Vile points out that I missed using superscript on one of the ordinals in the Clerical spell lists. So there will be an R47...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Iron Falcon Rules Release 47 -- March 30, 2015
One tiny little thing eluded us in the last proofing pass... the table of 1st level Clerical spells did not have the "st" in superscript. So this release fixes that issue. This is the third print release candidate... but is it the last?

http://ironfalconrpg.com

Also, we're now on Facebook and Google+
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Iron Falcon Rules Release 48 -- March 31, 2015
CreateSpace.com found an issue with one of my images; so, here's the fourth print release candidate. Please, guys, look this over and let me know if there are any flow issues (headers separated from the following text or table, paragraphs cut off by images or tables, etc.)

chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Everything looks good as far as I can tell (checked tables, page headers, etc.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Iron Falcon Rules Release 49 -- April 01, 2015
Leonaru found a few errors, listed on the Dragonsfoot forum thread, and I fixed them. This is now the fifth print release candidate.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so I'm working out the pricing. I want to make $2.00 USD minimum from the paperback, $4.00 USD minimum on the hardback. On Lulu.com, I have to price the paperback at $6.25 each to get my 2 bucks, but on CreateSpace.com I have to go all the way up to $7.75 to get the same profit margin. Egad. Of course, the Amazon price will be discounted after the book has a few sales; the more it sells, the lower Amazon will price it. I have hopes of seeing a sub-$7.00 price on Amazon after a month or two.

The hardback on Lulu.com comes out to $20.00 even to get the $4.00 margin I'm looking for.

I'm not going to activate the books until I get the print copy to review AND I go over the R49 release PDF a few times to make sure there are no flow issues. I'm hoping to get everything going next week.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Good finds by Leonaru! For the pricing: like BFRPG I think your pricing for IF is more than reasonable.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

chiisu81 wrote:Good finds by Leonaru! For the pricing: like BFRPG I think your pricing for IF is more than reasonable.
I would even suggest that you aim for more profit margin than that. I certainly feel that you deserve to earn enough from your efforts so that it becomes something you can actually earn a reasonable income from. I don't see greed in this. A fair wage for a fair effort sort of thing.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Trashcan

Post by Trashcan »

Solomoriah,

I've not played (or read) the original rule set. So if this is a deliberate choice, my apologies for bringing it up. If it was an oversight, I'm sorry I didn't catch it earlier.

I can't find a wisdom table on pages 2 or 3. The text notes there is no "similar table to the one given under intelligence" for chances to learn spells. Fair enough, but but there were no modifiers associated with wisdom in the original rules at all? The bonus spells for clerics were a later addition? It seemed odd that wisdom was the sole stat without a corresponding table.