IF main rules, format question

This subforum is for discussion of the Iron Falcon Rules for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing. Maybe someday they'll have their own forum, but for now I'm keeping the discussion here.
billiambabble

IF main rules, format question

Post by billiambabble »

I love the printed copy of large Letter/A4 size Iron Falcon rules I bought recently, but was wondering is available in a different size? I bought the softback from Amazon, I haven't looked on Lulu recently.

It would be an interesting homage to original D&D booklets and box set if it was digest / A5 size (I'm mentioning both formats because I think Lightning Source in UK literally print to a local paper size different from in the US). I'm not sure it would work as a straight up reduction of the pages (actually it might because you use such a clear font), so it might require significant reformatting in places.

Sorry if this is another one of those "why isn't something exactly like the thing in my head?" types of post. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: IF main rules, format question

Post by Solomoriah »

It's because it's a lot of work to lay out the book. Reformatting it for a different size print is nearly double the work of doing just one format, and unless I know it's going to pay off, I'm probably not going to do it. I'd need a significant number of people who promised to buy it in another format to make it worth the effort.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
billiambabble

Re: IF main rules, format question

Post by billiambabble »

That totally makes sense to me. Thanks for replying!