Chapter Three: Into the Fweth Tunnels

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Re: Chapter Three: Into the Fweth Tunnels

Post by Mint »

(OOC: Oops forgot Ferahf's part.)

As all the bustle and grunts and crashings and whishings go on about him the struggling Khat continues to use his mind on the ropes binding him. Straining with effort he thinks he can feel the rope budge just a bit but it is hard, so very hard, much harder than trying to move a small object. Still...there was that budge. He continues.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward screams in horrendous pain. Never had he been cut so deep. From somewhere deep inside him - a place he had always feared was there due to his blood being half orc - a rage welled up. The gentle being that is Edward shrank from the rage and thus was encompassed by it. With a roar straight from the ancient fires of Orcken Edward rushed forward, swinging his shovel with a killer's delight in battle. "AAAhiieeeee! Die, you ant-scum!"
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Arlone curses, throws his left hand stick onto the ground then charges into the back ranks of the ant to get some flaking attacks.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Ferahf hisses in frustration and struggles both physically and psychically against the ropes. He claws at the canvas trying to rip it a bit so he can see what is going on.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Longman

Post by Longman »

William had already dropped his bow and now takes up his sword / mace combo and rushes into the combat, attacking a nearby ant-man, one of the two on Elizabeth if possible. It was the sight of Elizabeth taking a blow that pushed him into melee. Also, the sight of the 'orc' part of our half-orc suddenly coming to life has made him feel a bit safer, too.

[OOC. This is fun. It's Sunday for me now, so tomorrow is my non posting day.]
Mint

Post by Mint »

Longman wrote:William had already dropped his bow and now takes up his sword / mace combo and rushes into the combat, attacking a nearby ant-man, one of the two on Elizabeth if possible. It was the sight of Elizabeth taking a blow that pushed him into melee. Also, the sight of the 'orc' part of our half-orc suddenly coming to life has made him feel a bit safer, too.

[OOC. This is fun. It's Sunday for me now, so tomorrow is my non posting day.]
(OOC: Heh. From now on I think I'll put down, "Tomorrow is Non-Posting Day" instead of "Tomorrow is Sunday")
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Eli will string another arrow and fire at another ant creature. He'll continue that action until he is either forced to dismount the container (then he'll pull his swords) or all the ant things are dead or out of range.

(It's Sunday tomorrow so I'll see you folks here the day after.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Woe

Post by Woe »

Oof! Elizabeth winces at the blow to the face. Dammit, William was right. she thinks. I do need to get a shield instead of blocking with my face. She sees William enter the fray and becomes heartened. She'll fight her way near William so they can fight side-by-side, just like many other fights she's been in.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:Oof! Elizabeth winces at the blow to the face. Dammit, William was right. she thinks. I do need to get a shield instead of blocking with my face. She sees William enter the fray and becomes heartened. She'll fight her way near William so they can fight side-by-side, just like many other fights she's been in.
She didn't get hit in the face. At least I hope her studded armor isn't on her face... :lol:
Mint

Post by Mint »

Ferahf claws bites and tears at the heavy cloth binding and shrouding him. In a moment he manages to at least make a hole big enough to stick his head through and sees mayhem.

Two ant-men are on the ground motionless. One with an arrow feather deep in it's skull and another with the heavy shaft of a halberd sticking up from it's torso.

Yet a third ant-man has pulled the arrow from where it had lodged itself in it's exoskeleton joint keeping it's leg from moving but not harming it overly much and charges William, clicking it's mandibles ferociously. William is ready, however, and the creature seems to just come apart under his onslaught.

The fight between Edward and the ant-man facing him rages, the ant-man surprised by the half-orc's sudden ferocity, the druid impeded by the disabling blow to his shoulder. Both struggle mightily but neither can get in a blow for the nonce.

The once jarred elf shoots another arrow but is not so lucky this time. His arrow glances off the back of the ant-man facing Elizabeth and veers away into a wall where it clatters to the ground. It has, however, perhaps added a bit of help to her as the ant-man hesitates a split second. It is enough. Elizabeth gives a good blow with her sword and her opponent's torso is sliced open spewing yet more ichor and innards onto the guard before falling lifeless to the ground.

But one ant-man remains as the companions realize the struggle Edward still faces.