Chapter Two: Caerton (Joscelin)

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Post by Mint »

"Excuse me, friends, but I have an old aunt that lives in Caerton. Let's say I make a quick stop at her house and meet you at the tavern ?"

Joscelin will leave the party and then try to find someone in the street and ask where to find "The Tallow and Tinder" shop. After that, he will head there.
mTeasdale

Re: Chapter Two: Caerton (Joscelin)

Post by mTeasdale »

After finding "The Tallow and Tinder", Joscelin will try to peep to the window to see inside.

Is anybody there ? What can I see inside ?
Mint

Post by Mint »

Inside the quaint little shop that stands nearly on the cobbled street you see a small room with a counter that fills the far side of the room. Behind the counter stands a small, round man with bushy sideburns, a double chin, and gold framed glasses that perch on the end of his nose as he unpacks a small parcel bringing out little jars one at a time and setting them down in a neat row.

The other walls of the shop are filled floor to ceiling with shelves and cubbies and barrels and baskets and even a stuffed chair or two that sit on either side of a darling little table where the light from the outside shines on it through the shop window. On the table is a china teapot and a pair of teacups and saucers.

Filling all these shelves, cubbies, barrels, baskets and even standing alone are an incredible array and assortment of magical devices, instruments, paraphernalia, tomes, sheaves of paper, unidentifiable things in viscous fluids of every imaginable color that float in jars and bottles sealed with wax, cork, or bone.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

As it does seems to be a trap, Joscelin will enter the shop and talk to the man :

"Nice to meet you, I'm Sir Joscelin. I'm looking for my old aunt, have you seen her here recently ?"
Mint

Post by Mint »

The round little man looks up at the sound of the tinkling door chime as you enter the shop. The air is warm and filled with the pungent scent of different herbs used as ingredients in various potions. "Ah. Good morning Sir Joscelyn! It has been such a long time since you were here last. I'm afraid, however, that your aunt is out acquiring ingredients. I'll be happy to help you with whatever you need until she returns however."
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Maybe you can give it something when you'll see her ? I would appreciate it greatly."

Joscelin then gives the small leather bag to the man.

"She is generally lefting some candies for me... or maybe a greeting card ? It was my birthday recently."
Mint

Post by Mint »

The man takes the bag and nods, "Now that you mention it I do seem to remember her saying she'd left you a note. Just a moment and I'll go check."

The shop clerk heads into the backroom for a few minutes and comes back with a neatly folded paper in his hand. "Here it is. Left it by the door. Anything else I can help you with today?"
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"For now, not really, but I'll be back later. Thanks !"

Joscelin will head out to the tavern after, making sure he isn't followed by anyone.
Mint

Post by Mint »

You leave the warm coziness of the shop and close the door behind you, turning to face the cold and the falling snow. Heading south along Finch street you soon come to Serin Way on your right and begin the long steep climb to the top.

Huffing and panting a little you find yourself in Upton on Hill Street and look about you for a moment before moving along. In a moment you come to Crestview Way and head southeast until you reach the bend in the road and come to a stop to take in the view there that let's you see all of the West Quarter laid out below you.

With the snow falling thicker you hurry along as your ears and nose start to freeze and you quickly pass Spring Lane on your right, spying the welcome warm glow of light coming from the windows of Two Moon Tavern.

The door to the tavern opens as you approach and you sigh in relief as you enter the cheery warmth, the door closing behind you.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Joscelin takes a quick glance at the tavern's main room. Can I spot Alrone or the rest of the party ?

If so, I'll sit with him/them. If not, I'll sit at a table in a corner and order a glass of brandy (or similar spirits).