Chapter Two: Caerton

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

black1blade

Re: Chapter Two: Caerton

Post by black1blade »

Alrone interrupts any reply "If you don't mind, I shall leave the defeating to you liz and any other able warriors in our midst. Do tell me if you need him blinded but if he can conquer such powerful magic then I imagine that it would prove wholly ineffective. Now if you excuse me I am going ahead the to tavern there is a slight matter I must attend" Alrone rushes off to the tavern of the twin moons to find lainai.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:Elizabeth struggles to follow the conversation. She thinks hard about everything she knows of the Fweth, and realizes she knows hardly anything at all. "So the Fweth is the enemy behind the Mist? What are they like? How can we defeat them?"

@hyway: lice? :p
Shaha looks at Elizabeth a moment but then says, "No. The enemy is Ae. The Fweth are but his created race. The first race to inhabit Aerth, before even the First Children of Aeiou. But as the Fweth serve him they are no doubt doing all in their power, at his direction, to further the progress of the Mist."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Now completely caught up as to what she's being asked to do, she'll look for confirmation. Trying not to sound incredulous, she asks, "So what we need to do is make a staff to ward against the Mist, avoid the Fweth as we traverse their passages, and build a device to counter how Ae is creating this Mist?"

Um... can I go back to Swansea and curl up under a bed?

"Um, Alrone? We are heading to the tavern as well. Why not just walk with us?" she says to the departing elf.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

black1blade wrote:Alrone interrupts any reply "If you don't mind, I shall leave the defeating to you liz and any other able warriors in our midst. Do tell me if you need him blinded but if he can conquer such powerful magic then I imagine that it would prove wholly ineffective. Now if you excuse me I am going ahead the to tavern there is a slight matter I must attend" Alrone rushes off to the tavern of the twin moons to find lainai.
Alrone makes it to Twin Moon tavern and enters it to find the same bartender as before. "If you're here to see Lianai it's as I told you before. She won't be here until seven, three hours from now. If it's just ladies your after then perhaps that one in the booth over there will do" he says pointing with a jut of his chin before going back to polishing the shot glass in his hand with his ham-sized fist.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:Now completely caught up as to what she's being asked to do, she'll look for confirmation. Trying not to sound incredulous, she asks, "So what we need to do is make a staff to ward against the Mist, avoid the Fweth as we traverse their passages, and build a device to counter how Ae is creating this Mist?"
Shaha nods soberly to the wide eyed guard as they walk along. "Except that unless fortune is with you avoiding the Fweth entirely may not be possible."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Oh Wise Lady with the Cat and Dog, how far away are we from the tavern with Lanai and the two moons?

And yes, I know I spelt that wrong. INT 8. :D
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

William stands as listens to the conversation in silence and then follows along to the Tavern. The election of Elizabeth as leader seems natural enough to him but he still considers himself something of a tactical thinker and organiser for the pair of them. Right now, he is thinking that at some stage it might be a good idea to discuss what everyone in the group can actually do, before any combat happens.

This time, while they are in transit, he keeps close in front of Shaha, and (I trust) Edward will also walk along behind her, with Elizabeth on one side and Kyndellic on the other. She is totally surrounded.

When an opportunity presents itself he will ask the members of the group for information about the powers of each. (By which I mean, what spells have you guys all got learned when we go down below?)
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:Oh Wise Lady with the Cat and Dog, how far away are we from the tavern with Lanai and the two moons?

And yes, I know I spelt that wrong. INT 8. :D
(OOC: Total distance between the Red Lion Inn and the Twin Moon Tavern is about 300 yards...so at this instant in time you are probably like 200 yards away. Alrone might get there a couple of minutes before you if he ran like...well real fast.)
Mint

Post by Mint »

This time, while they are in transit, he keeps close in front of Shaha, and (I trust) Edward will also walk along behind her, with Elizabeth on one side and Kyndellic on the other. She is totally surrounded.
(OOC: My bad. Kynndelic is no longer in the party. Artikid had more work that he thought, couldn't keep up, and sent me a PM telling me he is dropping out.)
Woe

Post by Woe »

When an opportunity presents itself he will ask the members of the group for information about the powers of each. (By which I mean, what spells have you guys all got learned when we go down below?)
"I agree. I think once we get the lowdown from Lainai, we should find a private room, some sausages, and spend a long night preparing for what lies ahead and learning of each others' strengths."

Remember, E. thinks she's a fighter. She doesn't know about the whole holy warrior path that Aeiou has planned for her, but she's starting to have some insight that life is going to get very weird very soon.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot