Chapter Two: Caerton

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

mTeasdale

Re: Chapter Two: Caerton

Post by mTeasdale »

"What happened exactly when I was gone ? I think I missed something important. I wasn't even able to find my old aunt..."

"...Oh, by the way, I've been to the Tinder and Tallow, I think what we need there will be ready for tomorrow."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward says, "People say that I have a green thumb in the garden, but my thumb is pretty much the same color as the rest of me so I don't know what they mean. I do have a special touch with growing things and the creatures of nature. If we find some nice gardens I can tend to them."
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Magic, powerful magic. I dare not say more in public. I'm sure by the end of the night, we will know much more about Shaha and her sisters."

Just to practice her mathematical skills, Elizabeth calculates her mathematical skills. 200yds @ 30 yd/rd = 30 seconds to the tavern. :) she hasn't eaten since breakfast on the Sylvan Sea and despite everything else wrong with the world, is starting to get hungry.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

Er...didn't that lady mention something about going underground. There seem unlikely to be any gardens there. Do you have any other skills?

I assume general conversation about party skills while we walk and over the course of the evening. If we're running out of time, we need to get that sorted out.

Also - Elizabeth and William, then Alrone and Edward - sound all right for a marching order, either 2x2 or single file? Also, a shame we do not have scout who is experienced underground to go ahead of us. A dwarf perhaps. Can we hire one? I'll put some money in if you guys will chip in too.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Aah, I was thinking we'd talk about our special skills once we got to a place more private. While you and I don't have much to hide with the guard tunics and all, the others may. And let's not talk about Shaha's ability to reverse time, fling cobblestones, and control minds in public. Gelling as a team didn't happen on the ship, probably because we were too busy being suspicious of the purported doppleganer and planning a mutiny. :lol: Now that we have a reason to group together, we'll want to be more open (roleplay!) about what we can do with the threat of whatever about us. But outside... I'm pretty worried about spies and evil lords and even parabolic mics.

Marching order sounds good, but let's put Shaha in the middle as an X. Definitely a good point about being down to 4. I was thinking about that earlier. Mint mentioned that she has a waiting list. Maybe one of them would be interested in a nice dwarven urban ranger?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Longman

Post by Longman »

'I didn't think she was coming with us!' says William. 'The marching order idea was assuming she was staying behind.'

OOC - Um, I actually don't want to RP all of that stuff about each other's powers too much. I just figured out would happen in the background. But if you guys want to go ahead. I have a longbow. Simples! ;)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Woe wrote:"Magic, powerful magic. I dare not say more in public. I'm sure by the end of the night, we will know much more about Shaha and her sisters."

Just to practice her mathematical skills, Elizabeth calculates her mathematical skills. 200yds @ 30 yd/rd = 30 seconds to the tavern. :) she hasn't eaten since breakfast on the Sylvan Sea and despite everything else wrong with the world, is starting to get hungry.
ah, but since we are not in an encounter we are in turns. So the rate is 90 yards/turn. So 2.2 turns means it will take us 22 minutes :) Avoiding foot traffic and waiting at intersections for herds of sheep and wagons full of ale barrels to pass ;)

Also, I believe if we were in rounds then it would be 200/30= 6.67 rounds so 7 rounds. times 10 seconds/rd is 70 seconds. Unless we run, then it will only take us 35 seconds :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

yeah, I agree about not roleplaying all our character traits and powers. Most groups wouldn't get together and have a group hug and share pillow talk. They would just go do their thing and hope the others won't be useless.
Mint

Post by Mint »

(OOC: Please. If you need to post something not in character would it possible for you to copy this format? Makes it easier on me. Thanks. Also. I'm not big into turns, rounds, facings, ranges, and the like. I am into roleplay. I prefer Woe's approach to things. By all means please try to stay in character and behave in your posting as if you were your character and not a game piece in a wargame. Think the way your character would. See through your character's eyes and feel with your character's skin. Thanks, and my humble apologies if this was not made clear from the beginning.)
Mint

Post by Mint »

In a short time the party arrives at the Twin Moon Tavern. Shaha pulls her cloak back and goes over to the bar where the burly bartender has finished polishing shot glasses and is now wiping the counter with a cloth. Looking up he asks, "May I help you?"

Shaha nods and says, "We are here to see Lianai. Please tell her her sister is here."

The bartender gets red in the face and expostulates, "What is it with you people? Is this some sort of fan club you have going here? I already told that gentleman over there that...". He breaks off as Shaha fixes him with her gaze. Blinking he says, "If you would please have a seat in any booth I will go get her for you."

Shaha heads to the booth at the far side of the tavern that takes up an entire corner and has plenty of room for the party plus a couple of other people which is fortunate as there is already another person at the table along with Alrone.

Shaha gives the seated figure the tiniest inclination of her head before she sits.

After the party have seated themselves they look up to see the bartender hurrying over with a panicked look on his face as if he'd seen his own grave being dug. "I beg your pardon, Miss, ladies, gentlemen. Liane will be right out." he looks over his shoulder and gulps once before fairly flying back to the safety of his counter.

Shaha takes a breath and says, "While we wait I will introduce you to someone I suspect one of you has been told to expect. This is Intheil."

The figure draws her hood back and you see a woman with glimmering silver hair and eyes and skin the color of a silver moon.