Chapter Two: Caerton

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

black1blade

Re: Chapter Two: Caerton

Post by black1blade »

Alrone asks Sasha "So you have no idea where these shards are?"
Mint

Post by Mint »

When everyone arrives Shaha begins without preamble.

She nods to Alrone, "I do and I will tell you shortly."

Looking at the whole group she says, "I and my sisters, Aili, Lianai, and...Shial, had hoped to stop the Mist in it's tracks before it reached any of the inhabited lands by building a device that would be able to reverse...events...in a very specific area. Unfortunately we no longer have the time to do that. Already the Mist is just outside the walls of Caerton."

"Through deceit and censorship Lord Seaton has kept the citizens of this city from realizing their danger so that he and his favorites, including Lord Gwyr, could have time to leave the city and head to the supposed safety of southern Angland with their prized belongings without the inconvenience of dealing with a panicked populace. Such is the honor of the nobles of this day."

"The best that I can do now is to take you to build a staff to protect you from the Mist while you travel to gain the parts needed for the device but even that is risky and has but a slim chance of success if the Mist reaches those parts before you do."

"More, to give you any chance at all, I and my sisters will have to do what we can to combat the Mist and leave you all to your own devices."

"As time is short we must proceed immediately to the Tavern and see Lianai and thence to the Tinder and Tallow. After that I will show you the entrance to a long hidden system of travel of which Caerton, in days long past, was the nexus."

"A last bit of advice before we set off. You should decide, now, who will lead you as, in a time of crises, there is no time to weigh opinions and hold discussion."

Shaha smiles wryly and gets up from the bed, moving to the door.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward looks at at Shaha with dismay, then toward Elizabeth, the most leaderly looking person he has met since leaving the priory. "Lady, you don't want me around you any more? " A lump forms in his throat as he remembers the feeling of being told he had to leave the only home he had ever known. "What have I done to be cast out like this?"

The big half ogre lips begin to tremble as a tear forms in his eye.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Lord Gwyr is a badguy! I knew it! Ok, I didn't know it. I suspected it, and suspected I had a 50/50 chance of being right. :lol:

Elizabeth is starting to realize she's really not following along with reality, ever since the first few nights on the Sylvan Sea. Giving up on attempting to making sense of what's happening, she decides to embrace the insanity of the recent events in hopes that she'll be better capable of understanding it. "Very well, milady. Let us proceed post-haste to the Tavern. Perhaps along the way, you can tell us more about the journey ahead of us and what we may encounter."
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Hywaywolf wrote:Edward looks at at Shaha with dismay, then toward Elizabeth, the most leaderly looking person he has met since leaving the priory. "Lady, you don't want me around you any more? " A lump forms in his throat as he remembers the feeling of being told he had to leave the only home he had ever known. "What have I done to be cast out like this?"

The big half ogre lips begin to tremble as a tear forms in his eye.
"Oh Edward. I would dearly have you around me but we all have to do what we can if we are to have any chance at all of saving not just Angland but all of Aerth. My sisters and I can go places and do things because we are immortal that would kill you and then you would be no help to anyone. What I want is for you to help me by helping this group so that hopefully, one day, we can be all together again. Alright?"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward is cast adrift. Like a someone thrown overboard in high seas he grasps about for the nearest life ring and his attachment disorder latches onto Elizabeth.

"Yes, yes, the fine lady Elizabeth is right. We must go to the tavern."
Mint

Post by Mint »

Woe wrote:Lord Gwyr is a badguy! I knew it! Ok, I didn't know it. I suspected it, and suspected I had a 50/50 chance of being right. :lol:

Elizabeth is starting to realize she's really not following along with reality, ever since the first few nights on the Sylvan Sea. Giving up on attempting to making sense of what's happening, she decides to embrace the insanity of the recent events in hopes that she'll be better capable of understanding it. "Very well, milady. Let us proceed post-haste to the Tavern. Perhaps along the way, you can tell us more about the journey ahead of us and what we may encounter."
Shaha leads the way out the Inn with the others gathered about her. "I don't know much about that system of travel except that it was built by the Fweth and that they used it to link all the lands of Aerth together. What magic they used to achieve that I don't know. Since the Fweth built it then they may be using it even now so you will most likely encounter them. What else lives there is anyone's guess. When I and the rest of the Second Children lived the system had already been sealed up for long ages. This does not mean that it is necessarily in ruin as the Fweth were adept at building to last."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elizabeth tries to cheer up Edward too. "She's not leaving you, Edward. She just has a different mission than us. If we do our mission well, hers will be easier. And when we succeed at driving away the Mist, we can all meet back here and be together again. Ok?" She flashes a big smile of reassurance to him as well.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((Edward feels a strange sensation in his loins))

j/k
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elizabeth struggles to follow the conversation. She thinks hard about everything she knows of the Fweth, and realizes she knows hardly anything at all. "So the Fweth is the enemy behind the Mist? What are they like? How can we defeat them?"

@hyway: lice? :p
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot