Chapter Two: Caerton

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Re: Chapter Two: Caerton

Post by Mint »

Shaha looks at Edward and smiles warmly. "Yes it is and shortly I will give it to Alrone. In the meantime perhaps now is a good time for you to take this."

The Borzoni immortal opens the pouch at her side, dips her fingers into it, and retrieves an odd looking contraption which she hands to the half-orc novice druid. It is smallish, slightly less than her palm's width across and high and consists of two intersecting bands of burnished brass, one horizontal and the other at ninety degrees to it. Floating in the center of the bands is a rhomboid shaped gem of green that faintly glows at it's center.

"This device has the property of detecting the range, direction, and elevation of works made by my people long ago. It will be of use to you because in times long past, when the Fweth had long been confined in slumbering undeath, my people used their tunnels and added way places to them since what the Fweth need to survive and what you and I need to survive are completely different. The works we made in those times were based on nature and so you, as a druid, who have an affinity for life magic will be able to master this, with a little practice. When your spirits are down I hope you will look on it and remember me."

Shaha then hands the gleaming object to Edward, leans forward, and kisses his brow before leaning back again.
Longman

Post by Longman »

William continues to sit silently, letting Elizabeth do the talking for the time being, and sipping his beer. He's dazzled by all the magic on display, a thing he is hardly used to. And he is already of the view that this quest is a major undertaking that could require weeks, if not months, away from home.

When he gets a chance, he makes contact with anyone at the tavern who might know about hiring scouts or mercenaries, or sending messages around the country. He's thinking that others need to know what is happening. His sister and parents, in particular.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Following the events in Twin Moon tavern Shaha and the party step outside to the sound of a rising panicky murmur. Stopping a hurrying passerby they are informed that the Mist has crept up to the very walls of the city. As the man hurries was the party hears shouts on the city wall and looking in their direction you can see guards pointing and gesticulating before rushing to a watchtower.

Shaha says resignedly, "Time grows even shorter. By this time tomorrow the Mist will be over the wall. I suggest that whatever you have to do before you set off on your quest you do together. Panic has just begun and will grow much worse. I have seen it before. She looks about the party. Come make your plans now and let us be on our way."
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"I'm ready for anything, Shaha, but I have something important to recover in town tomorrow. Trust me, I'm sure it will be of a great assistance in our quest."

Joscelin turns to th rest of the group :

"Let's take a good meal, probably our last hot meal for a few days, and get a nice night of sleep ?"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward will have Shaha instruct him on how the talisman works to detect the Bonzoni works. He has no other preparations to make. He will sit quietly and commune with the living things around him until it is time to depart.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elizabeth (and William?) will do what they can to organize the populace to get the f--- out of Caerton. She'll try clergy, guard captains, anyone even remotely in a responsible position and part of the town hierarchy, those who can help do this in an organized manner that does not start a widespread panic. That means no innkeepers, no storekeepers, no solicitors. Even if she has to be up all night, she'll do what she can to help evacuate the town.

A general panic may ensue, but she'll do what she can to get everyone out with more calm than what will probably happen otherwise.
Last edited by Woe on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Edward doesn't think showing his face on the streets will help in relieving the panic.

Mint

Post by Mint »

Hywaywolf wrote:Edward doesn't think showing his face on the streets will help in relieving the panic.

(OOC: It's alright. Shaha will go with him and keep her cloak open. :lol: )
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone shall find a nice step to sit on, the hustle and bustle breaking like the tide upon a cliff. He examines the artefacts, pondering their nature and seeing if he can fit them together in anyway.
Longman

Post by Longman »

William is not helping Elizabeth until after he's had a chance to do the things previously stated. If the are lots of people fleeing the city, he finds various folk to act as messengers to Abertawe and Lyndon and will pay them accordingly.

He's also still looking around to hire someone who knows about the underground here.

[OOC - These are the errands my character wants done before we go down below as requested in the OOC thread.