William's Journal

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Longman

William's Journal

Post by Longman »

Jan the 1st: on the Sylvan Sea. Wretched. Not too many others aboard but a self-styled knight, some elf types and a half orc. Spent most of the day in cabin reading. Captain just told us awful stories about mist, which is right where we are going. I hate this part of the mission. Myself and the half-elf Alrone both see a suspected half-elf called Lianai, who is not seen again.

Jan the 2nd: Another horrible day at sea. After dinner the Captain, Mr Galway, made a request of us which was to deliver a message to unknown hands while in Caerton. When we asked for more information he backed down and said it did not matter. Most odd. The self-styled knight errant, Ser Joscelin, proved very handy by spying on the Captain's cabin and seeing him speak with a mysterious young lady, Shaha, possibly a half-elf, demanding that the captain make sure we accept this same offer of work. Something is definitely odd here. We all need to decide whether to make it our business to find out what it is.

January 3rd: Horrific day at sea, made even worse by the fearful storm that brews up, forcing us all below decks. Captain is still being elusive about the offer of work. Edward the half-orc also sees a mysterious female, this time a small girl, who vanishes. Joscelin uses the storm as cover and sees a young teenage girl asleep in the captain's cabin. Before dinner, the passengers meet up in the dining room to discuss what has been going on over the last 3 days...
Last edited by Longman on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mint

Re: William's Journal

Post by Mint »

(OOC: Nice journal. Well written. To answer your question. The first game day was indeed Yule which in this world is both winter solstice as well as January 1st, new years.)
Longman

William's Journal

Post by Longman »

January the 4th

Last night aboard the ship, the Captain finally introduced us to 'our cargo', the young lady Shaha, who asked us to undertake a quest for her. The Mist, it transpires, is the product of Ae - whose name I would normally never commit to speech or paper, but I must face my fears. Ae seeks to return the face of the earth to the way it was in times past, when his servants ruled - the Fweth and the dragons.

Well, I do not much know what a Fweth is, but I know the tales of dragons all declare them to be evil, and my Sergeant Wolfe is struck with the need to help this mysterious lady and her allies in the fight against Ae and his kin. We are to be finding pieces of some ancient crystal, to assemble into a staff, in order to aid in their destruction, and also guarding the young lady as she goes about this quest.

So, God help us as we enter Caerton tomorrow. Thoughts of the Marcher lordship are now so far from our minds it is hard to believe that was our purpose when we began this voyage just before Yule.
Longman

Re: William's Journal

Post by Longman »

January 5th

So much has changed today I hardly know where to begin. Alighting from the ship and bidding the captain farewell, we began to make our way to the Two Moon tavern, a place to get a good repast if nothing more, when we were accosted by robbers, being called Billim and his Boys or some such name. We were in the process of defending ourselves when - and this I swear - the cobbles of the street began to lift themselves upright to trip the robbers as they came at us. I have seen magic before, penny tricks in Abertawe, but nothing of the sort to change the whole shape of a street like that. Later, the guards tried to blame us for the damage, but could prove nothing.

After that, our new-formed party began to separate. Sergeant Wolfe went to the hotel, the Red Lion Inn, and booked rooms. Shaha had begun to take ill, and the Sergent stayed with her while I undertook shopping for us, and I am glad I did it then for their was precious little chance for the remainder of our time in Caerton. Edward hung about the Inn as well. Alrone went to meet to the Two Moon tavern on some elicit escapade with a strange woman we saw aboard the ship. Kyndellic was attacked by some strange tentacle creature in his room and decided to abandon the mission shortly afterwards, fleeing Caerton. As for Joscelin, he went out and got drunk on brandy, to the extent that he was falling about the place when he came back again. Later, he made his apologies and abandoned our shrinking group as well.

That afternoon, the Mist began to descend on Caerton, and Shaha summoned us into her room to tell us the full nature of our quest. We were to be going into some ancient tunnels beneath the city of Caerton in order to complete a staff of power. And it tuned out that Shaha would not be coming with after all, but staying above with her sisters, Intheil, Aili, Lianai, and Shial, who are of an ancient race known as the Selendimir.

After that, we went back to the tavern and met with Intheil and Lianai as well, and powerful magic items were bestowed on us, enough to make each one of us live like a Lord if we ever got them home again. My own is a mace, an unweildy weapon in normal circumstances but his one is light as a feather, but deadly as a blade. Elizabeth was give a sword. We all received magic pouches and canteens as well, so that we will never run out of food or water. How long are we expected to be down below?

January the 6th - Caerton is now all but abandoned, although before everyone fled, we managed to send word down south to let people know what is happening here, and the evil nature of lord Gwyr and Seaton, who knew of the approaching danger and did nothing to save their people.

Finally, we have entered the Fweth tunnels, armed to the teeth. Shaha left us at the surface, and now, for the first time, we are on our own.

It may be some time before I write again. Already, we can hear a scuttling noise at the bottom of the staircase that descends into the earth...